Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Pentaminoes", game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

SuperMario 10 years ago
  it won't REALLY force you go through many moves. like omg said: playing or ignoring a level is a personal choice.
gameinsky 10 years ago
  I can see Jyxz's point, if the block of pentaminoes was a bit smaller, it would have offered the same challenge while not forcing you to go through this many moves.
Treazer 10 years ago
  I agree with oldmtnguys tbh and I do think this level is fun to solve :)
Jos 10 years ago
  Ssst! Don't talk about that level from me. It's shameful enough that it's in the level pack. ;)
bbdest 10 years ago
  Eh, I know this isn't one my of best levels, but I am kind of a math geek, and one of the things that intrigue me are the polyminoes, as such, I designed my own 6x10 pentaminoes block, and made a level out of it. Although, I acknowledge your review on this level, and I will keep that in mind when I make new levels ^.^
oldmtnguy 10 years ago
  Jyxz
I'm sorry if you think my administrative skills are causing you to waste your precious time. Playing or ignoring a level is a personal choice,and what you think is a waste of time may be enjoyable to other players.some players choose just to solve a level and do not care about their scores. Others like me choose to work at the level and optimize their final score. There are levels I have chosen to play dozens of times just to try to find one move. But that is my personal choice.I recall playing the rejected levels and noticing that the level by Jos Slide puzzle (BLockoban) involved so many moves that I chose not to even attempt it. I did notice however that you took the time to make over 4200 moves to solve the level. I will not reject the level just because it does not please you. This is because you are not the only player in the game. I defend your right to complain about it but then I also do not appreciate you telling me how to do my job. I do however appreciate you taking the time to apologize for your rude remarks but I would have preferred you opting to delete the message, or at least not post in a public forum. In the future if you wish to bitch about my work please p.m. me privately.
Jyxz 10 years ago
  Oldmtnguy, I long time ago I thought to myself, man I am so glad OMG is an admin as he is very active now we can get new levels all the time, but I'm sorry I have to speak my mind about something. I think the main point of having admins have to review the levels, is so that the creators get a chance to improve their levels. Bbdest is a very talented blockoban player and level designer, but that doesnt mean he is always going to shit gold. Sometimes I would make a level and think it was great but Elizea would look it over and say hey improve this and this and this... etc. And then I could be like ok and improve the things necessary and then get it accepted, sometimes it would be annoying but that's part of the admin creator realtionship. Bbdest is capable of so much more than this, this level could be a fun solve, but as it is now it presents no challenge whatsoever has way too many blocks, and the thumbnail is stretched.
@Bbdest make sure you hold shift when you take the thumbnail so its a perfect square.

I know there are tons of good levels out there that I am not attempting to solve because I am wasting my time sorting thru all these stupid levels with no challenge but a million blocks to move. REJECT THEM, the designers can either improve, or they can end up in a rejected blockoban pack, where anyone who is just desperate to get the feeling of satisfaction from solving a level that involves brainlessly moving 50 blocks to the right.

Rant over, I am sorry that I seem ungrateful. I know how many hours you spend drudging thru levels way worse than this in order to bring an ungrateful jerk like me new levels to solve.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "Pentaminoes"

About Level "Pentaminoes"

First post of the topic

Jyxz 10 years ago
  Oldmtnguy, I long time ago I thought to myself, man I am so glad OMG is an admin as he is very active now we can get new levels all the time, but I'm sorry I have to speak my mind about something. I think the main point of having admins have to review the levels, is so that the creators get a chance to improve their levels. Bbdest is a very talented blockoban player and level designer, but that doesnt mean he is always going to shit gold. Sometimes I would make a level and think it was great but Elizea would look it over and say hey improve this and this and this... etc. And then I could be like ok and improve the things necessary and then get it accepted, sometimes it would be annoying but that's part of the admin creator realtionship. Bbdest is capable of so much more than this, this level could be a fun solve, but as it is now it presents no challenge whatsoever has way too many blocks, and the thumbnail is stretched.
@Bbdest make sure you hold shift when you take the thumbnail so its a perfect square.

I know there are tons of good levels out there that I am not attempting to solve because I am wasting my time sorting thru all these stupid levels with no challenge but a million blocks to move. REJECT THEM, the designers can either improve, or they can end up in a rejected blockoban pack, where anyone who is just desperate to get the feeling of satisfaction from solving a level that involves brainlessly moving 50 blocks to the right.

Rant over, I am sorry that I seem ungrateful. I know how many hours you spend drudging thru levels way worse than this in order to bring an ungrateful jerk like me new levels to solve.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg