Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "M.Y.585", game "BLockoban"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

SimonM 10 years ago
  Those are the initials of his name. He has made so many levels, naming them is really hard, now he's using M.Y plus a number. Anyway I don't know what to think of the level, because I can't complete it. :p

edit: I enjoyed the level. :)
ThisIsMyUsername 10 years ago
  Man, reallY hard levels

Just Kidding.
But I only know that these level are really hard and great..
bbdest 10 years ago
  Btw, what does M.Y. stand for anyways?
Jos 10 years ago
  @omg and murat: reading your messages after eachother upset me indeed a bit, because "However, I find it very amusing that those who can't solve a level with the lowest score, criticize it. And it is especially humorous when they even rate it." sounds to me like I'm unable to juge the level, just like somebody who hasn't solved it. The arguments look me a bit too much like those which are used against people who rate level low because they can't solve them.

Maybe I was to sensible about that and maybe murat's comment was nothing more than a kind of his synicism. Sorry for that and sorry if I offended your efforts on it, murat.
oldmtnguy 10 years ago
  @Jos. I apologize if I upset you.Please reread my message because in no way did I intend this to be an attack on you, your method of rating levels, or your score. I simply stated what criteria that I use, and did not criticize you for not wanting to optimize your score.
I was just supporting Murat because we have both had many levels rated ones or twos just because people couldn't score well or solve them. And I don't believe those reasons should ever be used to rate other people's work.
Jos 10 years ago
  I don't rate low because I can't solve it, as you can see, nor am I frustrated because of not being able to get the highscore - though it was a highscore when I posted the previous message; 25 moves more than the optimal (?) score is still good in my opinion -

I rate because of the enjoyement a level give me, and if I don't enjoy the level enough, I'm not going to waste any more time on it trying to shave of that last 10 or 20 moves, and I am pretty sure these last 10 or 20 moves will not give me more enjoyement than completing it with a normal/good score.

About concepts I have to admit that there aren't enough to be always completely original, but this level is to similar to previous levels by murat, that's all I wanted to say with my previous message.

Btw: If I take your message serious enough, murat, nobody except of you should rate this level.
oldmtnguy 10 years ago
  Rating levels has been a time honored argument in this game. My ratings are based on design efforts level appearance, and entertainment factor in solving. As for concepts, there are only a limited number to use in this game and they all have been reused hundreds of times.
To rate a level down because you can't solve it or can't get the best score is also one of my gripes. A lot of work goes into designing a level such as this and not every effort deserves a 5/5 but this one does.
murat 10 years ago
  Dear friend, to be honest, I don't care about level ratings, since every level is a piece of effort in my eyes, and therefor deserves a 5/5. However, I find it very amusing that those who can't solve a level with the lowest score, criticize it. And it is especially humorous when they even rate it. My best regards.
Jos 10 years ago
  I'm sorry to say it, murat, but you already have used that concept a couple of times (or I didn't get the concept of this level). Still challenging, but only 4/5 this time.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "M.Y.585"

About Level "M.Y.585"

First post of the topic

Jos 10 years ago
  I'm sorry to say it, murat, but you already have used that concept a couple of times (or I didn't get the concept of this level). Still challenging, but only 4/5 this time.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg