Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "The Slow Track", game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ferrari12 10 years ago
  For a first level this is really quite nice, but there are a few minor issues here. First of all, the concept is not that great. Slow lines are not that popular with players because, well, they're slow. Therefor, having a level utilizing mainly speed lines, isn't such a good idea. With that said, it makes me happy to see that you have at least come up with a concept. Most new designers don't even get this far!

The gameplay, apart from the fact that slow lines are quite dull, is ok. There's nothing groundbreaking here, but there are no problems either.

When it comes to design however, there's some potential for improvement. For a level to be accepted, it needs more background design than just a simple arrow. However, again it's nice to see that you have at least tried.

Regarding neatness, the level itself is quite neat, but with a few rough edges. There are no serious problems here.

Finally, the title of your level is good, and so is the capitalization of first letters. The thumbnail isn't too bad either, but next time, make sure that it is completely square by holding down the SHIFT-key of your keyboard. This thumbnail looks a bit stretched to me.

Overall, I'd say you've done quite a nice job hear, and I'm looking forward to playing through your future levels! :)

[edit] Whoops, I've just built a wall of text :P

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "The Slow Track"

About Level "The Slow Track"

First post of the topic

Ferrari12 10 years ago
  For a first level this is really quite nice, but there are a few minor issues here. First of all, the concept is not that great. Slow lines are not that popular with players because, well, they're slow. Therefor, having a level utilizing mainly speed lines, isn't such a good idea. With that said, it makes me happy to see that you have at least come up with a concept. Most new designers don't even get this far!

The gameplay, apart from the fact that slow lines are quite dull, is ok. There's nothing groundbreaking here, but there are no problems either.

When it comes to design however, there's some potential for improvement. For a level to be accepted, it needs more background design than just a simple arrow. However, again it's nice to see that you have at least tried.

Regarding neatness, the level itself is quite neat, but with a few rough edges. There are no serious problems here.

Finally, the title of your level is good, and so is the capitalization of first letters. The thumbnail isn't too bad either, but next time, make sure that it is completely square by holding down the SHIFT-key of your keyboard. This thumbnail looks a bit stretched to me.

Overall, I'd say you've done quite a nice job hear, and I'm looking forward to playing through your future levels! :)

[edit] Whoops, I've just built a wall of text :P
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg