Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Strange Things.", game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Coolguy52 6 years ago
  I wondered why the highscores are so spread out - this level is the type which I loathe, so I'll probably not fight anyone here - I hope 71.5k is enough to see me in 3rd for a while :)
popo2 6 years ago
  Beat you back as that's not as hard as I thought! XD
Dynamo 6 years ago
  Easy high score...
popo2 6 years ago
  Knocked you down to 3rd again, Chris! >:D
chris3000 6 years ago
  Awwww, 1000 points away from highscore! Oh well.
kalina200 10 years ago
  id say only 3/5
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  Nice work! Congratulations on your first accepted JG2-level :)

Keep up the good work, but also remember Matthijs' words. The players generally tend to favor levels that are less cramped. Of course, these levels are acceptable too, but racing levels are generally more popular.
psychomaster 10 years ago
  Bio, just an idea: Make the backgrounds move and overlap to add to the strangeness.
MatthijsM 10 years ago
  It's still kinda messy in my opinion also this kind of levels are oldschool and sometimes really frustating. If this is your first one I can only say nice work and continue but try to find some other ways of making levels and I mean that you don't make tight jump levels but cool race levels. This is only my own opinion and you can do with it what you want.
BioHawk9000 10 years ago
  Ferrari I think I fixed everything and also the background, I like basic things and also thanks for the help! :D
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  Jake, as BioHawk clearly does not want you to refer to him by his real name on this site, I suggest that you stop doing that.

By "Messy areas" I mean areas of the level where the line placement is inaccurate. In this level there are three such areas, two of which I have marked with red Xs to make it easy for you to know what I'm talking about. The third is the invisible line. Do you notice that the curve below the first X isn't very smooth? That's one of the things that I wanted you to fix. The second thing is the gap to the left of the second X. As I mentioned the invisible line is the third thing. In general, if you can't make the invisible line totally invisible, then it is better to make it fully visible.

Now that I played the level again, I also noticed that the background lines are offset and have tiny gaps between them. This is also something you need to fix.

I hope this helped :)

[edit] I forgot that the colours weren't there previously. Now that I realized I thought I should add that I like them, though they are a bit basic, but still need to be fixed as described above.

(I can help you remove the Xs if you find that problematic)
jake20056 10 years ago
  BioHawk9000 add me as a helper and are fix the messy parts

(By the way PIe is my other account)
PIe 10 years ago
  Did you know i know BioHawk9000 in person

his name is [a well kept secret]
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  Quite a nice level indeed, but it needs some background design, and preferably a bit of tidying as well. If you want some help fixing the messy areas, then do not hesitate to ask.

Also, please no l33t-speak in the title :)

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "Strange Things."

About Level "Strange Things."

First post of the topic

Ferrari12 10 years ago
  Quite a nice level indeed, but it needs some background design, and preferably a bit of tidying as well. If you want some help fixing the messy areas, then do not hesitate to ask.

Also, please no l33t-speak in the title :)
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg