Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "1-Castle", game "Rolling Turtle"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Jster95 14 years ago
  @jp: uhhh wat? that sounds like what the doctor said before he operated on me. I no longer have one of my kidneys after that.
ohhhhhhyeaaaaa 14 years ago
  really fun but really laggy. It was quite a mini adventure! One of your best oh_bebe!!
Jordiekinsxxreal 15 years ago
  its almost exactly like the actual level, great job.
minmay 15 years ago
  Ahhh.
Well, this level does have a lot of curves in paths...
jp 15 years ago
  About the lag, you must know that the curves that are not in a PATH are optimized, they are grouped in 300x300 sqaures and rendered as a bitmap which is much more performant than redrawing each curves one by one on each frame.
So the more curves you have in paths, the more laggy it will be. Note that I could write an algorithm to optimize the curves in a PATH and your level would not be laggy anymore. It's not easy but it's possible. The problem is that it could affect the display in ALL levels, as the curves rendering order would need to be slightly changed.
Sillius 15 years ago
  Make a few big lines instead of thousand small :D

nice level 5/5
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  thanks hillycobber

and thanks for the advice minmay

=D
minmay 15 years ago
  No, I don't mean curved lines, I mean ALL lines (all the lines in RT are called curves, don't ask me why).
Hillycobber 15 years ago
  This level is reallly good
your levels are awsome oh_bebe
5/5
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  you mean curved lines? on my computer its fine but i just wanna know for next time so other people can play.. or if its possible to fix this level
minmay 15 years ago
  I would definitely say this level should be official if it weren't so incredibly laggy.

I don't think it's the paths, but rather the large amount of curves in the level - RT isn't really optimized for them.
doomlord 15 years ago
  Cool remake of the tower, but it is so laggy.
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  Can I just ask what makes it laggy? Too many paths?
Nikobam 15 years ago
  Its laggy on my computer too
jp 15 years ago
  This level is awesome, that's a pity it's so laggy on my computer.

(Sorry for the delay in evaluation, it was certainly a "not finished" level, and it was very far in the middle of rejected levels in our list).

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "1-Castle"

About Level "1-Castle"

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  This level is awesome, that's a pity it's so laggy on my computer.

(Sorry for the delay in evaluation, it was certainly a "not finished" level, and it was very far in the middle of rejected levels in our list).
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg