Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "001 License Test ", game "Jump Gear 2"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ferrari12 8 years ago
  This is actually a very decent first level, and it seems like you have a basic understanding of how the editor works, which is good. Unfortunately there are some issues with the level that inhibits me from accepting it.

The first of these is that the second half of the level is cheatable. If you drive at full speed after the loop you are able to jump past most of the second half. Also, if one follows the path that I assume you intended, it is still possible to jump over the speed line, rendering it and the normal line below it somewhat pointless.

The second problem is that the level is a bit messy in places. By messy I mean that some of the intersections between lines aren't smooth. Two examples are the intersection between the big arc after the loop and the wavy line to its right, and the section below and to the left of the vertical lethal line.

A smaller issue is that if you go through the loop at full speed, the car gets "hurt" on the way out. Loops should be designed so that this problem does not occur.

Finally, it would be nice if you could add some background design to your level. This design could be anything from trees and plants to buildings to abstract patterns.

I hope you are not discouraged by my slight criticism, because this is a very good starting point for becoming a good designer. :)

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions.

[1]

Levels forum

Play Level "001 License Test "

About Level "001 License Test "

First post of the topic

Ferrari12 8 years ago
  This is actually a very decent first level, and it seems like you have a basic understanding of how the editor works, which is good. Unfortunately there are some issues with the level that inhibits me from accepting it.

The first of these is that the second half of the level is cheatable. If you drive at full speed after the loop you are able to jump past most of the second half. Also, if one follows the path that I assume you intended, it is still possible to jump over the speed line, rendering it and the normal line below it somewhat pointless.

The second problem is that the level is a bit messy in places. By messy I mean that some of the intersections between lines aren't smooth. Two examples are the intersection between the big arc after the loop and the wavy line to its right, and the section below and to the left of the vertical lethal line.

A smaller issue is that if you go through the loop at full speed, the car gets "hurt" on the way out. Loops should be designed so that this problem does not occur.

Finally, it would be nice if you could add some background design to your level. This design could be anything from trees and plants to buildings to abstract patterns.

I hope you are not discouraged by my slight criticism, because this is a very good starting point for becoming a good designer. :)

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg