Play the games, create the levels

Topic, i want to make my own game but cant need help.

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Jac1 15 years ago
  Well Blockoban is a bit similar to Cubeoman, so I guess it's alright to make a game similar to another...
Hexicube 15 years ago
  Just come up with unique idea for BL...
Jac1 15 years ago
  Okay, for me, the holidays start now, so I'll start learning how to use flex!

I have an idea for a game, but it is similar to another (popular) game, so I think I should ask for copywright.
Hexicube 15 years ago
  I already have O_O 'brick breaker'
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Marc, you should start making a BL game now! I could help you as long as the game is tile-based.
Hexicube 15 years ago
  Seriously, what is Flex? Also, I have flash 8 :)
Jac1 15 years ago
  I have Flex, does that work to make a game?
afunnyacorn 15 years ago
  i read a book the sive of a tractor to find out about codes and how to make games. thats what i plan to do when i grow up, make video games...took me 3 years to completly read and understand the book. ive made a game but i dont know what to put. (as in, how to let other people make levels)my dad siad he'd give me 200 dollars if a made a decent game! i got 200 extra dollars now :)
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Now let people not get confused between the Flash Player, and the actual Flash software, they are two completely different things!

The Flash software costs $700, and you need a very long time to learn how to use it properly. I was only able to get it because my older brother got it from is university and uses it for work. It has taken me three years to get to the level I'm at now, and I'm nowhere near an expert... I've got a lot better than I was.

The Flash Player, however, is the free tool that people download for their browser to play the .swf files that are made in Flash.

@Iamstormtrooper:
So you have Flash?
That's great to hear!!!
chase28 15 years ago
  becase of you
iamstormtrooper 15 years ago
  There's WAAAAAY more to it to that, but you got the movie clip part rite. The script is the hardest part.
All ive made was a short ship game so far. I added coins, but thats it. 1 or 2 buggs.
Darerd 15 years ago
  I have flash too.

I'm assuming that you open up a word document, then you write the code, then save it
SPOILER
and put it in a folder with one or two of the example files, a run game file, and all the movie clips and pics that are used in the game. but if you are uploading it to the internet dont put in the run game file.

geckojsc, that was an educated guess, was i right?
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  I think I have
I Just don't know where do you write the code
Jac1 15 years ago
  Yes, I have Flash.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Jac1, do you have Flash?
I can help you to make a game if you want.
Jac1 15 years ago
  I'd like to make a game too. I'm planning to start creating one on Bonuslevel.org in about 2-3 years.
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  Yeah. It's hard to make a game
jp 15 years ago
  I agree with minmay, if you have all to learn, it will take a looooooong time to make a simple game. Moreover making a game for BL requires also a level editor and an advanced understanding of development in actionscript.
minmay 15 years ago
  Understand that making a (good) game is not easy. It is not something you can do in five minutes, in fact, it will probably take you more than five months to make something any good, and that doesn't even include the time you'll spend learning how to code.
Also, you'll need to buy Flash, which is very expensive - well over $500.
Therefore, I don't recommend you try it, as if you need to ask how exactly you make a game...it will probably take you a very long time to learn enough that you'll actually be able to make one.
Nikobam 15 years ago
  He means making a game not a level but i dont think he knows that its very very hard i havent made one but i know what to do to create a game i wouldnt have a chance to make one
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  When you first start rolling turtle, click start, then click create, then new level

If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask =)
Full_Metal 15 years ago
  if anyone can help my i need to know how to make a new game

[<<] [1] [2] [3]

Flash game development

First post of the topic

Full_Metal 15 years ago
  if anyone can help my i need to know how to make a new game
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg