Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Jump Gear Hell

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Captain_404 15 years ago
  Is this a game for bonuslevel or something to put on other sites? I think as a game just for bonuslevel it would not be as successful, but if it were just a version for other sites I can see it getting fairly popular on the the net.

I think the key to that, though, is finding a really good name. I think part of the reason hard games get successful is that they're marketed as such. If I ran across some other game (let's say, oh, "Push Hell" :P) it wouldn't really seem to be so much a hard game. I think the name itself needs to issue a challenge to the player. The title Jump Gear Hell, to someone who hasn't heard of the game, suggests a game that takes place in hell, or is hell themed, etc, but not necessarily extra difficult. To communicate this, it might be better establish that the levels in the game are hard rather than the game itself being hard, for example, "Jump Gear: Hard Level Hell" leaves little questions as to the fact that both the game and levels in it are hard, rather than implying that the game is only Hell-themed.

On including player replays, I think anything you can do to make watching the replay exciting would be good, but remember that part of the difficulty in a level is figuring it out for yourself. I do think they shouldn't play automatically as they do in JG2, but be activated separately, more similar to moonlights. Also, they need to look cool, watching them should be as enjoyable as the game. If I were you I might look into applying some quick cuts, such as are used in movies, to make it more interesting rather than keeping the camera centered on the car, at the same zoom.

Wow, I really didn't mean to ramble this much.
BlaketheBlake 15 years ago
  If ur doing it i an be tester im an okay player and i an see how hard it is because ive completed all lvls but i dream of clouds on JG2
Shiro 15 years ago
  Oooh :)

If you need testers (don't know if necassary, can I be one).
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Not really. All JP has to do is take the JG2 engine, change all the graphics and spice it up a bit, then add a few more features and choose some different levels. It is more than possible.
Shiro 15 years ago
  But it will take long to make, won't it?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  That would be great!
I especially like the idea of special effects and a player introduction screen for the demo replays!
gameinsky 15 years ago
  looks intresting!
1jase 15 years ago
  sounds like a good idea are you going to have on any other game?
Shiro 15 years ago
  I think Sillius agrrrrrrrrrrreas!
Sillius 15 years ago
  grrrrrrrrrrreat idea :D
Shiro 15 years ago
  Ah, okay ^_^
jp 15 years ago
  That's it.
PaulWalrus 15 years ago
  You have a few points, but allow me to counteract your statement.

If we created a jump gear 3 here at bl it would just be a few hard levels from jh2 and would keep the site at a steady population rate. if we made a jump gear hell on other sites then players of jg and jg2 will be interested and eventually come HERE for the full version of jg2.
Shiro 15 years ago
  Why don't you create that as Jump Gear 3 at Bonuslevel :D?

Or 2.1 or something.

Or just call it 'Hell Gear' :D
metakirby22 15 years ago
  That's a good idea I think. That way you could attract even more people to BL
Shiro 15 years ago
  You mean a harder version of JG2?
jp 15 years ago
  I don't know if it's a good idea or not. But I thought about releasing a level package for Jump Gear 2 on other websites, called "Jump Gear Hell". I would apply a different skin (on the "hell" theme, that means red colors) and I would pick some of the hardest levels designed here. A good example is "I dream of clouds". Only a few people could complete those levels but there would be a demo mode where you just have to sit down and watch for the best players.

But I'm not sure this would work as the wide majority don't like difficult games. Nevertheless, "The hardest game of the world" was a great success. This could maybe work if the demo mode is attractive, maybe with bullet time effects, a short introduction/presentation about the player who did the replay, etc...

[<<] [1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  I don't know if it's a good idea or not. But I thought about releasing a level package for Jump Gear 2 on other websites, called "Jump Gear Hell". I would apply a different skin (on the "hell" theme, that means red colors) and I would pick some of the hardest levels designed here. A good example is "I dream of clouds". Only a few people could complete those levels but there would be a demo mode where you just have to sit down and watch for the best players.

But I'm not sure this would work as the wide majority don't like difficult games. Nevertheless, "The hardest game of the world" was a great success. This could maybe work if the demo mode is attractive, maybe with bullet time effects, a short introduction/presentation about the player who did the replay, etc...
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg