Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BonusLevel Ideas

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Hexicube 13 years ago
  well tbh its nothing much, and the way I described measures how much your PC is lagging, not the amount of lag in a level
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  i think we should use the "call for jp" button now. The faster a lag meter is installed the better.

(too bad this button isnt invented yet.. i guess the "call for an admin" button will do.)
Hexicube 13 years ago
  uh just popping in, yes I know I said I was inactive for a while but this is a 1 off
JP for the lag meter it's a simple process of monitoring how many milliseconds are between each frame...and since you know 1000ms is for 30 frames then the milliseconds count should be 33/34 or there is lag. maybe allow for a small box in the corner using a keyboard shortcut (like c+d for the console)
[edit] here's the code, shows the exact frame rate
onEnterFrame=function()
by changing the amount of numbers in frameRates, you change the amount of previous frames it accounts for
OliAli 13 years ago
  Because there is not any other topic I think.

You should tell what do u think =P
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Why did you bump a year old topic?
OliAli 13 years ago
  I have 2 ideas...:

1.) Emoticons/Smiles in BL
When you will be posting a comment, you can add some animated smiles. Not just ":)" or "xD", but you will can post animated smiles like this

You will can choose between classic and animated smile :)

2.) Paying Members.
Maybe it's good, maybe not... Everyone registred user will can pay REAL money, and get membering.
I think that woun't be good because: 1. Parents woun't allow this to children.
2. There may start a "don't liking" between players.
[I hate OliAli] and things like that.

That may be good because: 1. Mebres will have more options in sites (topics for member, chat only for members, thay will can edit their own accepted levels...)
2. Members will have colored nick everywhere in BL.

Players can pay membering by PayPal(card), by PaySafe or by post :)

Pls tell what do you think :)
jp 14 years ago
  @crush, Iyou mean IE8 ? I didn't tested, it deisn't work ? What doesn't work exactly ?

oxidee, the site can be compatible with all brwosers.
Oxideee 14 years ago
  but then people with older internet will complain about it and then they will have to either upgrade or not play BL and seeing as theyre is alot more of them, BL would Die.
Crush 14 years ago
  i think bonus level should be updated to run on the new internet explorer, so you dont have to use compatibility mode.
demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  I GOT ANOTHER IDEA!

okay, how about a buton that shows you the swiches and inbound/outbound radiuses on the test mode?

sometimes making a level with alot of paths moving other inbound/outbound paths can get complicated. If it dosnt work the way you expect it too in the tester, it would be helpful to see why it didnt work.
Zakko600 14 years ago
  Yep Jp.

Me and Gameinsky would be happy to set up another forum for clubs and teams so you don't have to worry :D
gameinsky 14 years ago
  yes !
don't worry JP , clubs can be maded by making forums ect.
niimporta and me with zakko started both clubs
Treazer 14 years ago
  Okay jp....
jp 14 years ago
  LAG METER : It's a good idea, but it depends on each game creator to implement this. And it's not an easy task. It's not possible for BL to implement this on every game.

LEVEL COPY : Good idea. That could be used also as an UNDO feature. You save your level in the copy/paste board and make your modifications. If they fail, you can undo. This is a long time I want to make something like this. And it would work on every game.

TEAMS : Yes of course this would be a great community feature. It's similar to "My friends" feature. It will add some fun to the site but right now I want to focus on what is really useful for play and design. A "My favorite designers" feature would be much more useful as you could be notified when your favorite designers make new levels.
Treazer 14 years ago
  The Ideas:
Quoting Shironia from BonusLevel Ideas
Brolling Mean:
"Create A Guild" You can create a guild and call it. EXAMPLE:The LevelCreator! and you can send a message to a player and when the player become the message can s/he say "yes" or "no" (In The Message Stand:Brolling Send You A Invite For Hes Guild. Wants You To Join? Click Yes Or No.)And The Guild Creator Can Say:@A Player you can update my game too (when i have a game).And s/he get EXP in some levels from him (not all).

Quoting Elizea from BonusLevel Ideas
i would like this guild idea too... :p you could have own forum topic (not in the forum but somehow like there is for every level but it would be on a page called 'Guild' ([Log out][Elizea][Chat!][Guild]) and the thing would be like the RT topic is on RT frontpage. and then they could have there a bit information of the guild.

and probably a ''apply to guild'' button would be nice too, and then you could create a message why they should pick you. otherwise this forum will be full of topics like ''inv me to a guild'' etc.

and when you are making a level you could set that whole guild can edit it, instead of typing all their names, so that you could make a guild comm level:)

And ofc. guilds would be in frontpage next to designers and guilds score would be members average player score multiplied to members average designer score:)

that was just a few ideas to the guild idea.

friends list would be nice too, but self i prefer guild idea :)

Quoting Shiro from BonusLevel Ideas
I like the idea, I really think this would be a great feature!

I would like it the same as Elizea did, but a bit different

Example : [Log Out][Shiro][Chat][Guild]
When you click on 'Guild' you can choose [Create a Guild][Add a member to Guild][Leave Guild][Guild invitation]

[You can only be at 1 guild at the time!]

jp can you look at this plz???
  yes, but paths also cause lag, in one of my levels im making i think there may be lag slowing it down, but i'm not sure.
If i adjust the path to fit my computer, it may go too fast on newer computers.
Elizea 14 years ago
  demonicyoshi, the only problem could be that the lag (atleast in JG2) comes mostly from how many curves you see that moment, if you zoom in, lag disappears... but it could have somekind of curve meter that would say how many curves there are and when you press it, it shows places with many curves in small area (?) :p
  I GOT TWO VERRY HELPFUL IDEAS-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
first, i think there should be a LAG METER in the editor, if you turn it on, it constantly moniters the amount of lag your level creates.

(i think you can make this by having the LAG METER send a signal to your computer, then mesure the time it takes to return)

This way people can fix lag on their levels, so that they know how everyone's computer will view the level, (like you dont want a message to last 5 seconds on your computer cuz of lag, but 1 second on a lag free computer)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also i think there should be a "level copy" button for your own levels, this way if you want part of your level used in another level you wont have to spend hours remaking it.

Right now i'm making a Guitar hero level, and just making the rock meter thing takes a ton of paths.
i may want to make another guitar hero level in the future using a different song, but i dont think i can remake it again.

if you make this feature, it will help a whole lot.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Yes, they do the same jobs...I think...
Shiro 14 years ago
  Aaah, but do they do the same job?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  JP plans to add forum moderators at some stage, these forum moderators would do some of the jobs you said below, but they would mainly keep the forum clean.
Shiro 14 years ago
  Erm, reactions please ;'D?
Shiro 14 years ago
  Maybe something like a helpdesk?

There would be some people (like Administrators) that answer questions if people are stuck with something.
For example: someone want to know how to upload a level
(a regular asked question), he can ?PM? the helper and he will answer the question.

the Helpers are chosen by Jp
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Use imaging (like you did with avatars)
jp 14 years ago
  A tool bar is difficult ot develop, in addition there is ie, firefox, safari, google chrome >> 4 toolbars to develop. Impossible for BonusLevel right now :)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Damn it, seems I have full access but evry1 is taking it!
niimporta 14 years ago
  3 4
SuperDog 14 years ago
  Should be somewhere on the beginning after you are in the HTML code
murtaza64 14 years ago
  WHERE IS MSGID?
SuperDog 14 years ago
  From now on all my messages will be loading very quickly...

[1] [2] [3]

General

First post of the topic

Treazer 14 years ago
  Hi,

Have you a idea when yes say all in the topic.
My idea:A Group on BL you can create a group and you can join in a group with a ticket. The ticket give you the group master the group master have created the group.You can join or create a group when you are lvl 5 or higher.When create the group master a game can a member the game uptadet too when the me,ber become a ticket for uptaded game too. Good Idea?
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg