Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "Balancing Act", game "Rolling Turtle"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

geckojsc 15 years ago
  This just has me SCREAMING in frustration!!!
WooHooII 15 years ago
  Whoever edited the message misspelled "reward"...
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  First and last time i'll do this level. This should have 6/5 instead of The Pipe...
The voice again! Promise me that you'll make another level with it!
Matty 15 years ago
  Wow hardest level for sure! Soo hard! :S
Gamemaster 15 years ago
  i think someone should add an info bubble saying what the switch does for people who can't figure it out and didn't read the messages.
any way great level 5/5
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  This level is so mean! :O
WooHooII 15 years ago
  There, everything should work properly now.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  I'm not very good at balancing :O
Way easier now. I agree burfy.
burfy 15 years ago
  well for me the cable car part (without rails) was the easiest in comparison to what comes next and I was really silly to think the second part was the hardest :) ... it would be very helpful here if the level progress (chekpoing reached) could be saved...
anyway, very good level
WooHooII 15 years ago
  jp: You get some stars if you beat the cable car section after you press the button. The rails are supposed to retract all the way, but that got messed up by one of my edits. I'll have to fix that.

minmay: Yeah, you're right. I always get through that part easily, so I really have no idea what to change to make it just slightly easier. I think my sense of difficulty is broken.
jp 15 years ago
  Well, it's easier for sure but I think it's fine now. I pass the cable without pressing the first button, what is the purpose of this button ?
minmay 15 years ago
  Hmm...now you only have to hold the right arrow key on it, so there's no challenge...I still think it would be better to just make the semicircle a little bit larger.
I'm not giving you any rest here am I?
WooHooII 15 years ago
  Okay, I added safety rails to the cable car.
jp 15 years ago
  WooHooII I've set the level for edition again.

Lisa, I agree but some also like challenging levels like this taht's why I add them in latest position in official levels :)
Lisa 15 years ago
  I don't like this level games are meant to be fun not tedious!
WooHooII 15 years ago
  Sure, but I would probably keep the harder version as an alternate option that gives you more points, like oggologgo suggested.
jp 15 years ago
  WooHooII what about making the semi circle a little but bigger to make it little but easier to pass ?
oggologgo 15 years ago
  Too hard for me, but great concept.

Maybe an alternate route with less points would be good for these kinds of dificult challenges.
WooHooII 15 years ago
  I don't think the cable car part is as luck based as it seems. I don't try to balance on the very top, which is nearly impossible. Instead, I start near the top and slowly move towards the right side as the cable car accelerates.
I just tried that part again, and I made it through 3 out of 5 times (and one of my deaths was because I accidentally jumped into the black circle at the end).

EDIT: I guess the wait for the third part is a bit long. I never really noticed before.
minmay 15 years ago
  I've tried the cable car about 200 times with no success. Rolling Turtle is not suited to this challenge; the controls are very sensitive on speed lines, a quick tap on a key can mean all the difference, so it's mainly a question of luck rather than actual skill. That is not a good challenge to put in your level. With regular lines it would work fine (though you'd need an antigravity bubble or a change in the steepness of the slopes) because the movement isn't as extreme.

It's a good idea, but in its current state, it just doesn't work.

EDIT: I've gotten past the cable car. The second challenge is a lot better. Although I refuse to believe that this is easier than I Hate Hedgehogs Too.

I think there should be a checkpoint when the moving platform comes. Also, I've edited this post about six times in just a few minutes.

Another edit: The third challenge has too much waiting time; the elevator should collapse faster, or you could add another checkpoint (though that might be ambiguous).
WooHooII 15 years ago
  You mean the first part? Try staying near the top or on the right side. going to the left will definitely get you knocked off the platform. Since it is made out of speed lines, you should be able to make it back on top if you start sliding down the right side.

That part took me a while to beat when I first made it, too, but it's not that hard once you get used to it.
jp 15 years ago
  The level looks nice but is there a trick to pass the cable ? I tried about 20 times but I fail all the time...

Levels forum

Play Level "Balancing Act"

About Level "Balancing Act"

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  The level looks nice but is there a trick to pass the cable ? I tried about 20 times but I fail all the time...
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg