Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Stop acting mod-ish!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gameinsky 12 years ago
  Mod-ishness is a term I made, which is simular to back-seating mods. (I didn't know that word, so yeah)
You don't fully understand, for me there's a big difference between willing to help and being mod-ish.
Example of trying to help:

Me: Well, this is an ok level, you need to take a better thumbnail and fix messyness.

Other guy: Don't forget to capitalise the title neither, there's just a little mesyness.

and now example of being mod-ish:

Me: sorry, but this level is hopeless, thumbnail is not taken in testmode while holding shift, it's too short and messy too.

Other guy: Messy level, bad thumbnail and sucks!

ok, I guess the examples listed in the first post are bad examples, they're not really mod-ish, I agree, but they're disorganized.
Penticube 12 years ago
  I think it shouldn't be a bad thing to act mod-ish, or at least not a little. Just saying feedback isn't bad, and repeating it just makes it more noticeable. Also, about saying "you are offtopic", it isn't bad. What if there are no admins around for a long time? Just giving feedback isn't a bad thing. Plus, I don't think people who do it actually want to be a mod. They're just trying to help. I completely agree with gundu, Garygoh, Jac1, and Im. Just because people are nice or because they didn't read your comment doesn't mean you have to be angry about it.

PS, bump.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  ':_

none of them even HAVE highscores. |:p
LukeTheFunJester 13 years ago
  I've got a good punishment. Take away there highscore.
MarioLuigi2009 13 years ago
  well, kinda.
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Are you sure?
MarioLuigi2009 13 years ago
  There are some people acting moddish, but there are some mods acting non-moddish.
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  gameinsky, I see this to be a hidden rule, agree!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  @Elizea, I've got incredible grammar. :p

Besides, Garygoh's internet personality is like a gullible brick. :p
gameinsky 13 years ago
  It's not a rule, no, but I belive it's possible to be limited by acting mod-ish.
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Mod-ish is not a rule, disagree!
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Ah, I see..
Then, yeah, there is no reason to limit him.
Elizea 13 years ago
  Bah, his grammar shows that he doesn't actually mean everything in the way he says it, and therefore it looks mod-ish and selfish.

I am not limiting someone for bad grammar, at least in this case.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  @GIS, Garygoh... :/

@Garygoh, you may be the bland-est person on BL but there's no reason yet for you to be limited. :p
Elizea 13 years ago
  You have no reason to be worried =].
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Himself!
gameinsky 13 years ago
  to who are you talking ?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Can Elizea limit you to a maximum of 5 words instead? :P
SuperDog 13 years ago
  ...mon.

I agree with gameinsky.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Poke. :P
SuperMario 13 years ago
  Sometimes I repeat admin words, and I help some admins with the problems, but that's the past, now I say something (If that level is beautiful or with a great mechaism) to the part I like. Now I don't repeat his words.

I totally agree with GIS.
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  I 100% disagree with gameinsky!

Also, don't limit me to as much as possible please!
Im 14 years ago
  Modish is a word, moddish isn't.
Gameinspace 14 years ago
  Modish is not a word, i checked
Jac1 14 years ago
  I'm soory, but on my computer it's not laggy...
Im 14 years ago
  LOL. I just realized we are acting mod-ish now. xD
So we should probably stop it. :S
demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  but it should be purple if its from lag! lag is fixable...
lololol 14 years ago
  sometimes it too obvious. im a noob at level making in ML, but its probably rejected because of lag.

think about the admins have many other levels to reject and dont have time to comment.
Im 14 years ago
  OK... He rejected a level without comment... So?
It's obviously too laggy to be accepted. You don't need to be an admin to see that.
Jac1 14 years ago
  I agree whith Im and gundu, people are just trying to help!

And sometimes mods don't do there job, for example Elizea rejected my level, Flower Valley (Moonlights), whithout comment...

[1] [2]

General

First post of the topic

gameinsky 14 years ago
  Yes, seriousely!
To all who do think this is the way to be mod/admin just by acting moddish, you do terrible wrong.
It dissapoints and annoy the real mods and admins. I comment a bad RT level, and there are always a few guys that make a few remarks, and repeating my words in an other way.
Others saying "you are offtopic" or people that directely get upset and talk about limitations.
Those are bad ways to get mod.

A few examples look the levels:
Roarrrrr! (Rolling Turtle)
Green the hedgehog 1 (Rolling Turtle)

I can understand you are trying to help (well, some of you, but leave tha to the admins, ok ?)
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg