Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level Packs!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

lololol 13 years ago
  Bug?
Bug?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  JP, shouldn't you make us see the thumbnail and the info on the evaluation page ?
Treazer 13 years ago
  Is the latest logs in the about page of packs an new update? And we can see on our profile how much levels our packs have, is that an new update too? And is it an new update that we can see in our logs (on the profile page) that we played a pack?
Shiro 13 years ago
  Ah, great :)!
jp 13 years ago
  New update on packs :
- A link on the game page to see [All level packs] (Admins will see the packs to be evaluated in this page), and a link to [Create a level pack].
- Top packs. The game author can decide to highlight some of the pac,s, they are called the top packs, and will appear in pole position in the lists.
- Carbon Copy, like on game pages, the game author can send a carbon copy of a message to all admins/testers/trusted members in the pack comments.

Note to the admins : there are too many packs approved with messy thumbnails/descriptions/titles :) .
jp 13 years ago
  Thx, it's corrected now.
Also the level title is now autocomplete to make it easier.
And when there are 2 levels with the same title, both are added.
Treazer 13 years ago
  DY,

I dont think its an bug, it say just its an wrong game, thats normal, or?

edit: Oh. i see its the bug with 0 lvls and 0 pts.
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Also, demonicyoshi's bug says:
"Level file missing :
../guploads/game6/lvls/10515.bin"
chris3000 13 years ago
  I day i may make a 250 level blockoban pack, hope that's not too much
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Let's see what's next to implement : Pack level collaborations? I hope that it works...
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  Okay i just found a glich,
if you change the url of a level pack, you can open the level pack in a different game. Although, none of the levels work (a message saying "wrong game" apears) if you go to the select tab, and play a level not in the level pack, the scores tab will record your score of "0 points, 0 levels"

Example: go to the scores tab

i beleive this is a waste of the server's memory to record these fake pack scores.
MarioIsFireball10 13 years ago
  I made one for RT.

It's called My Choice
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  I would like a list of all the packs. Maybe you could have a section of the forums that lists all the packs by game, and allow users to rate packs?
chris3000 13 years ago
  i really don't want anyone editing my packs, especially if i have worked hard on them. oh and i accidently uploaded a pack that i don't need, can someone delete it?
minimariner 13 years ago
  jp, are you going to fix the thing about not being able to add new levels when the level pack is accepted. Or are you going to make it so people have to ask for it to be edited?
jp 13 years ago
  @gameinsky, are you sure about the end message ? I completed a pack and I got "you completed all the pack levels"
gameinsky 13 years ago
  on the same way you put an editor on your level O_o
AK 13 years ago
  How do you add levels to your pack?
minimariner 13 years ago
  Ohh is that why i couldn't update my pack because it got accepted yesterday.
jp 13 years ago
  Yes it's a new small update (on the game page).

@gameinsky
A main difference between approved packs and rejected packs is that approved ones will be highlighted on front page or game page.

I know that being forced to request an admin to be able to edit the pack is a little bit anoying for the designers (like for levels), but we must think also about the players. Having a pack that always change, 3 more levels one day, 4 less levels another day is not very nice.

[edit] thx for the bureport, I will correct this.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  When you finished all levels of a path it says you finished all official levels hereby you are ready to create levels now, lol!

Oh and brolling, thanks for telling
Treazer 13 years ago
  @Shiro

I think its an new update :)

@GIS

I think Shiro mean the Newly Commented levels when you are in a game mode and not the Latest messages on the BL homepage.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  That was already since yesterday.
they have yellow arrow :)
Shiro 13 years ago
  Hmm, Packs are now showed in the Newly Commented Levels list if you comment at them :O
Is that an update o_O?
Shiro 13 years ago
  I think there should be a whole new tab for Packs. somewere in the New tab would be the bets I think.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I think you should not make levelpacks having an evaluation, altough not a different, as you have a big chance of missing a level you would like to add.
I think they sould instead not be able to post messages on them thus not making them get known.
Admins should be able to see the ones on their page "to be evaluated" they didn't "evaluate" yet, evaluation is only to make a trigger in the system to not have other already by other admin evaluated levelpacks. So when the evaluated them "approved" that doesn't change much, i's only to make all "approved" packs get away from the evaluation part of admins.
Then Admins have to post a message to make it known.
jp 13 years ago
  Thx I've correted the forum link bug.

For now no EXP for level packs, but surely later.

I'm not sure it's a good idea keep the level editable even once it's approved. Trusted members will be able to do this. If the pack is not stable (oo much add/remove of levels), let's keep it "to be evaluated".
murtaza64 13 years ago
  @shiro, no don't think so P.S. Enter the chatroom.
Treazer 13 years ago
  No, not for me.

JG2 New Features Contest Entries
Shiro 13 years ago
  Does creating a pack give EXP o_O?

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 13 years ago
  The level packs are in beta tests!

If you want to check how it looks when you play a pack :

Test pack

If you want to create a level pack use these urls :

BLockoban
CoBaCoLi
Rolling Turtle
Hog Pop
Jump Gear 2
Captain Dan
Push
Moonlights
BLockoban 2
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg