Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Level "A Study In Red", game "Puzzle It"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

chris3000 4 years ago
  Wow, I've been stuck on it for over 2 years, but practice makes perfect! I guess trial and error is the key.
suhangha 5 years ago
  Completed in April, 2018.

<Edit 1>
23 moves.
<Edit 2>
20 moves, Finally the same score as the ns90!!! 🏅🏅
suhangha 6 years ago
  Mystery Puzzle!
?(|-:)?
April: Completed!!!
Treazer 8 years ago
  Thank you very much, nelson! :D
nelson90 8 years ago
  Well done, Treazer, congratulations!
Treazer 8 years ago
  Oh my god, I finally did it! I adore this level, it's such an epic trick, brilliant!
SimonM 8 years ago
  This is definitely not a glitch!! It's a genuine movement of blocks. It smartly uses the properties of smart walls, force fields and linked blocks.
gameinsky 8 years ago
  The difference between a trick and a glitch is whether the maker of the game approves of it and as far as I know Simon is ok with it.
ToughMan 8 years ago
  I feel the same DD. For me it is not a glitch but as I said, some might argue it is. And I can't blame them.It is a different point of view of the same move. Anyway, enough with the tree (trick or glitch). The forest is the level itself and it is quite an amazing challenge.
dingdong 8 years ago
  I agree with svart. This is a very clever extension/application of a already known trick.
svartgryning 8 years ago
  Dont think this qualify as a glitch. That due to the trick uses the algorithm just the way it is intended to be used, to my understanding anyway.
Treazer 8 years ago
  I've found something strange and it looks like a glitch to me. It's in the wrong position to beat the level though, but I might be able to solve it.

edit: Okay, actually, it's not a glitch. It's a slightly confusing trick.
AK 8 years ago
  This level uses a glitch, while Deep Blue uses a trick.
Treazer 8 years ago
  That A Study In Red or Deep Blue uses a glitch?
ToughMan 8 years ago
  Definitely not the same trick. Some might even argue that this level uses a glitch (instead of a trick), however it is an astonishing solution!
Treazer 8 years ago
  Ah, k.^^ Still, both levels seem impossible to me. :/
svartgryning 8 years ago
  It was not the same.
Treazer 8 years ago
  I wonder whether this level uses the same trick as Deep Blue (Puzzle It), because both levels are involving smart walls at the edge of a force field. Deep Blue looks impossible to me, so does this level.

Can somebody answer who completed both levels? (that's actually only pudelmuetzennashorn - edit: nvm, also svart and ToughMan)

If I'm right, that might help people who have solved this level solving Deep Blue.^^
svartgryning 8 years ago
  Finding the 20 solution seems like an almost impossible task and it feels like there is an endless variety in which its possible to complete the level. Well some day I hope to find Nelsons solution :)
Thank you again TM :)
ToughMan 8 years ago
  This is probably one of the best levels, in its concept and execution. I am really stunned (2 months now) with your 20move solution N90! I can only solve it with 23 but choose not to in order to have it as unfinished and therefore easily trcae it as unplayed. In any case well done svart and N90! you have both created an (almost) impossible challenge!
nelson90 8 years ago
  @OMR: 20 is really possible, I could do it again :)
I did like you with the create button. I have tried a lot of starting positions and found a few possible patterns. Only one of them seemed to be reachable.
Then, I tried to obtain this position. I must admit that a bit of luck helps a lot :D
Treazer 8 years ago
  I know what should happen, but I have no idea how that could happen. It seems impossible to me to get the smartwall underneath the dark red force fields.
If that's not what should happen, I have no idea how to move the red block.
AK 8 years ago
  I probably shouldn't be spending two hours on this O_o

Question: Does the box have to be to the left of the dark red wall or to the right?

Edit: Found it! :D
oldmanrob 8 years ago
  i could solve it with the help of the create button. just think what should happen and then try to let it happen.

btw. i wonder how 20 can be possible.
AK 8 years ago
  Yes, this is the lowest official level I haven't completed. I know you have to use the two link blocks, but I don't know how.

Even recreating the level in the editor, adding walls around everything, and experimenting gave me nothing. I can't see where it's possible.
Treazer 8 years ago
  I still am puzzled on this one.
svartgryning 9 years ago
  Thank you Simon and TM :)
lmr 9 years ago
  I can't turn the last corner without it going off the page.
ToughMan 9 years ago
  I think it is really a very well deserved achievement for Svart! Nice work to both of you!
SimonM 9 years ago
  I made this level official! It's such an elegant level, with a wonderful trick!

[1] [2]

Levels forum

Play Level "A Study In Red"

About Level "A Study In Red"

First post of the topic

SimonM 9 years ago
  To me it looks very impossible to match the red blocks. Otherwise I will make this level official!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg