Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Music Uploads

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ferrari12 10 years ago
  Since there has been some great activity here lately I decided to post some of my stuff as well. The two files are the same piece, but played with different instruments. I hope the links work!

Some Stuff

Something Else
Treazer 10 years ago
  I listened to some of your tracks, they were really awesome! :)
bbdest 10 years ago
  My musescore account: bbdest
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Music for a silly shmup about 19th century US presidents battling it out in the year 2013. (link)
Treazer 10 years ago
  Wow, that sounds pretty cool, I really like your music :)
Elizea 10 years ago
  somethingv2
Elizea 10 years ago
  something, hmm.
Elizea 10 years ago
  Unaffected, finished.
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Some house I made (while playing Cube World)
Beetle Rider
Elizea 10 years ago
  mhmm.. yep.
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  I made a little instrumental piece that I thought I could just as well upload here. All of the tracks are computer generated, even though I do play most of the instruments I used in real life as well. I was just too lazy to learn it properly, and this may have compromised the sound a bit, even though Elizea has helped me make the drums sound better (Thanks Elizea!). Any feedback would be nice :)

Here's a link to the audio file's Dropbox page, but as I have a recently created Dropbox account, you'll have to download it to listen to it, it seems, which is kind of unfortunate :/
Elizea 10 years ago
  Oooh... I actually finished Cursed Wanderer!
Elizea 10 years ago
  ...continuing making new previews. Cursed Wanderer
Jim674 10 years ago
  From what I've heard about LMMS's VST crashing issue, it's just a spectacular case of idiot programming involving the auto-save (which is pretty close to completely broken anyway).

I really do need to look at a new DAW to use, much as I love knowing how to use LMMS...
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Renoise handles plugin crashes very gracefully, because each plugin runs in its own sandbox. It also has fantastic modulation options (e.g. you can map an LFO or Signal Follower or envelope to *any* possible parameter you can think of)

Reaper is good too, although it was a little tricky to figure out how to use the computer's keyboard to play synths live while not recording (I got it working eventually). I think reaper is well suited for general production/recording. It doesn't have a focus on electronic music like Reason/Renoise/FL and others.

I wouldn't recommend LMMS - as you mentioned already, it's quite unstable (though it is slowly improving).

There's also Zynewave Podium if you're not ready to buy Reaper or Renoise. It's free, the only major limitation of the free version is that it can only use 1 CPU core for running VST plugins.

I've made a list of my favourite free VSTi plugins, which you might find useful. :)
Elizea 10 years ago
  Hehe... one good reason to get Reason (no pun intended, but Reason is practically crash-free without third-party software, and even with third-party software it only crashes those plugins and not the whole program). Reason has never crashed for me and third-party plugin once or twice.

Anyway, I believe Reaper and Renoise are stable too, as long as the VST plugin is well done, that is.
Jim674 10 years ago
  I use a few VSTs like Alieno Acrobatics, Phat Bass and I also have a demo of Harmless.

Problem is, LMMS is absolutely awful at VSTs, and basically has a 40% chance of crashing every time you TOUCH a setting...
Elizea 10 years ago
  I have a bad habit of starting new songs and then I end up with millions of previews like this. Boss Encounter.
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Did somebody say VST plugins?
Elizea 10 years ago
  What I've heard of reaper is that it's fairly good. I think gecko knows even more about it but it's definitely a good choice if you have to find a decent daw for an affordable price.

Gecko uses Renoise which is like €50, so you might want to check out that too, if you don't dislike the tracker interface that is.

But yeah, Reaper is really decent as a DAW, but I have no idea of it's built in synths and effects meaning that you might be better off getting own VST plugins (gecko knows a lot of free vst plugins).
Jim674 10 years ago
  New one, which I really like: Pixel Dances

@Elizea, and I'm still stuck using buggy open-source freeware! I'm thinking of maybe buying Reaper though, do you know anything about that one?
Elizea 10 years ago
  Metroid Prime 2 Main Theme, preview, very lazy remix so far, but gonna continue making it

Just got Reason 7, its amazing!
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  Shine on You Crazy Diamond Cover

And new cover version of Shine on You Crazy Diamond. In my opinion better than the previous version in every way. And now it also has video :)
Jim674 11 years ago
  Well, work on my second album is actually going places now, and I really hope I can get it done by the same time as Chiptune Inferno from last year (end of June).

The three tracks I like best so far:
Tower of Epicness
Exceeded Character Limit
Bitterness and a Snowy Dream (which I've recently made a v1.1 of, but won't bother uploading since the changes are pretty minor. If anyone's interested I can put it on Dropbox.)
Ferrari12 11 years ago
  Like this? Public Folder

It still isn't possible to play it directly in your browser.
SimonM 11 years ago
  If you don't have a public folder, just make a folder named 'Public'. And dropbox will automatically recognise it, but you are probably a new user...
Ferrari12 11 years ago
  Is there any other way I can upload stuff to make it easier for you to watch/hear it? (Different services etc.)
Elizea 11 years ago
  Aah that's interesting, didn't know that.
Ferrari12 11 years ago
  That's what dropbox asked me to do :/ I don't have a public folder it seems. What dropbox said
Elizea 11 years ago
  That file is now downloadable, but the browser doesn't seem to able to play it.

General

First post of the topic

Elizea 14 years ago
  Link here your songs you've made so everyone can enjoy them (link from youtube for example, no links that require you to download the song).

~Elizea~

Youtube Channel!
Soundcloud link for downloading.
Newgrounds link for downloading.

~JP~
Blockoban iPhone Background Music

~Geckojsc~
Geckojsc in Soundcloud.

~TTT-_-~
TTT-_- in Soundcloud.

~Ferrari12~
Ferrari12 in youtube.

~Nachos~
Nachos in Newgrounds.

~Jim674~
Jim674 in Newgrounds.
Jim674 in Youtube.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg