Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Push"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

legoguy92 15 years ago
  Well... the latest one I CAN play is level one..
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  I mean some "waves" like when you toss a stone into water. If that could give you a better picture.

Is that a positive or negative "mmmmm"?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  I'm not sure I get what you mean by 'visual impulse,' could you explain a bit?

Also, mmmmm, LBP...
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  What about adding some visual impulses that push the tiles when you get close to them?
Buy a PS3 only for LBP?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  @ jango - mess around with the purple block some ;)

@ geckojsc - I'm mostly done with the game for now, waiting to get it sponsored before going live though, if I do add any more major updates I'll be sure to add you though.

@ legoguy - maybe you should try played the highest level you can, I think they all may still be unlocked except one early on at the beginning or something.
legoguy92 15 years ago
  Again, sorry for the late response, but the answer is yes, I could still see the picture.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Please could I be a tester?
Jango311 15 years ago
  Make a tile that makes you...Teleport!
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Legoguy, I just had a thought. Were the levels blacked out by the locked graphic, or could you still see the picture? It may be that I edited one of the levels and you have to re-finish it to continue on the higher-up levels.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  That's really odd legoguy, do you remember do anything our of the ordinary before this happened? It's probably a server glitch of some kind as I don't know of anything that could do that in the Flash itself...

WooHooII - yeah, I remember wanting to be able to do that while making some levels. I'll add that to the list...the list which is two two items long...

Logically, it should be the other way around, but from the perspective of how people play the game I don't think it should. If someone walks onto a spring and they see it just bounce normally, they assume that is all it does, rather than bounce you way up high. When bouncing up high is the norm, it doesn't take any explaining. At least that's my opinion.
WooHooII 15 years ago
  A non-movable goal would be nice. You can cheat in many of the official levels by moving the goal (Triple jump is a good example).

EDIT: Also, why does holding the jump button make you jump normally on a spring, but not holding the jump button will send you shooting upwards? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
legoguy92 15 years ago
  Alright, sorry for not responding sooner, but it says I haven't unlocked a bunch of levels (read: all of them) even though I've clearly completed them.

Well, the first 48, at least.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Just a quick question for all those who've played the game, I'm thinking about adding a few new tiles types to the editor, but probably not making a new level set based around them.

So, can you think of any new tile tpyes you'd want in the game?

I was thinking I might add a another goal that you have to gather before winning the level, sort of like a key for the final goal. And you could add in as many of those as you wanted.

Any thoughts?
jp 15 years ago
  @Captain, I agree with all your answers.

About your question (send the hero leftward), this I I would do :
When the hero touches a left/right purple block, the direction is the reverse of the hero's current direction. During 1 second after the repulse (or a a more appropriate duration after a few tests), a new touch on the same block doesn't make any repulse (to avoid the heor continously going left/right). A little but comlpex to implement but maybe less confused for the player.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Update: fixed all the editor glitches mentioned, including adding tiles during gameplay.

Also, I've made it so the little menu goes away while taking a thumbnail. So now it will be much easier to get good pictures of your levels.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Ah, that's why!
WooHooII 15 years ago
  Also, pressing space to respawn while testing a level in the editor will make you place a block.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  -yes, you can only have one type per level. In theory it might not be too hard to allow for multiple types, but I think it might be too confusing for the user. That is open for discussion though.

-thanks for the heads up, I usually open the menu in the sky area I guess. I try and work something out for that though.

-I'm assuming you mean at the top of the screen rather than the bottom? I'd found and forgotten this glitch a while back, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

-the nature of the game engine is to send the hero leftward. If you could change this how would it work ideally?
jp 15 years ago
  Hey I have a few remarks :
- Can you confirm that you can have only one type of purple block on the screen ? I mean when you chagne the purple block parameters, it also change the purple blocks you've already set on the map.
- When you open the little block menu over the clouds, it's hardly possible to see the white numbers of the purple block parameters.
- There are some glicth when you open the block menu a the bottom of the screen. You click the mouse button, the menu appears but the cursor is over a block and when yuo release the mouse button, this block is auto selected. Also the purple menu closing button (red cross) is half hidden bu the top border of the screen.
- When you choose the left/right force for the purple blocks, how do you decide which way the force apply when the hero land on a group of purple blocks ?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Update: I've fixed the purple block hover glitch in the editor, there's now a lot more possibilities open, so please try and it out and give me some feedback!
Captain_404 15 years ago
  What now legoguy? The game lost your progress or something?

A little more info would be great.

Also, I still haven't gotten night :(
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Went night for me too!

[edit]: 2 times.
legoguy92 15 years ago
  Woh... I can't continue my game, I have to start from the beginning. WTF, mate?

Also, I've gotten night like 5 times.
Zakko600 15 years ago
  Aaaah the level creater don't work for me? I cannot place something.

Sorry. I clicked with the mouse and not the spacebar.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Jumping off the goal = fix'd now. Thanks.
WooHooII 15 years ago
  Why can you jump off of the goal? On several occasions, I tried to jump into the top of the exit circle, while still holding the jump button, only to bounce off of it and send my character flying off the screen.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Good, that's what it should do.

It's been in there for quite some time now, I'm really surprised nobody's posted something about it before now...
WooHooII 15 years ago
  That stayed there until I clicked the X in the corner.
EDIT: Did you just add that feature recently? I just got the night background two more times, and I hadn't seen it before.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Hm, that shouldn't work like that...

The message box that came up, that did go away though?
WooHooII 15 years ago
  Yes, it did. It stayed that way until I closed the game.

Games forum

Play Game "Push"

First post of the topic

Friend 15 years ago
  This doesn't seem that... well done.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg