Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL "To do list"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Treazer 14 years ago
  Oh yeah. i see.
Elizea 14 years ago
  gameinsky and qameinsky aren't same usernames.
Treazer 14 years ago
  i thougt its impossible to have the same username than an other. Or you get hacked.
demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  i like Ally Allys idea!
At the end of a level, there would be a "play next part" and "play last part" option that will automatically move to the next levels in the series.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  WTF ? did someone hack into my account ?

qameinsky 1 minute ago
ITS AN BAD IDEA ALLYALLY! STOP MAKING BAD IDEAS! YOU KNOW THAT I DONT LIKE YOU!
[edit]
Some dude is impersnating me, hmmm, JP, care about not to make people have an already existing nickname ?
Captain_404 14 years ago
  Level packs sound great!

I had a game idea recently that would work with them perfectly...
minimariner 14 years ago
  i can't wait for the type 4 of achievements, that'll be so cool. and level packs will be awesome too :)
allyally 14 years ago
  Idea: Link Levels! Say you made a level, then you decided to make a sequel, you could add the level to a series shown on the 'more' menu, so its simpler to find the levels predecessors.
So something like this would be in the 'more' menu:

Levels in Series:
Ancient Wonders 1 (Moonlights)

Ancient wonders 2 (Moonlights)

Ancient Wonders 3 (Moonlights)
etc...
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Yes yes!
Good idea!
jp 14 years ago
  Added 22) and 23)
About the level packs here is how I see it :
You create a level packs by selecting an ordered list of approved levels (including levels that you didn't create).
Once the pack is created, you can play it with an url in the kind of http://www.bonuslevel.org/game_foo.html?levelpack=123
The game loads as usual but the only menu available is the PLAY panel (and maybe the CREATE panel also).

The comments and the scores displayed below the game are the ones for the level pack.

Well you see the idea.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  you need to say that they're done though
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Yes, exactely !
jp 14 years ago
  I've added the 21), the "bump" was for that ?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  neither can I! it will be awesome!
also technically the formula for working out the combination count is the amount of characters(including ALT characters, meaning there is thousands) to the power of the amount of digits
Im 14 years ago
  I can't wait till 9 is fully done. :)
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Bump !
Hexicube 14 years ago
  @jp
for the undoing part(#1) you could make it save copies of the level locally and allow re-uploading to replace the level
lololol 14 years ago
  you can only make a password between 4 and 20 digits XO
Sillius 14 years ago
  That's because a 3-digit pass is even better with 438976 possible ways xD
lololol 14 years ago
  thats why a 2-digit pass is good. i'll just make one.
EDIT: I COULDN'T MAKE 2-DIGIT PASS.
Sillius 14 years ago
  Actually there's 5776 possible ways to make a 2-digit pass xD
Elizea 14 years ago
  Huh? You want me to change my 2-digit password?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  but still there should be an extra password or something or maybe even for JP to verify it's a suitable action
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Those game authors are hopefully not stupid enough to mae weak passwords ?
When i got forum mod I made my password longer.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  but still, if anyone who was an author got hacked (cap 404 for example) then the hacker could wreak havoc
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Game authors of official games then ofcourse...
Hexicube 14 years ago
  are you sure allowing game authors to set/unset limitations on users is a good idea?
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump !
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Quoting Im from Suggestions for the forum
The admins/mods should be able to make a comment editable again after editing it.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  tell the games to use forced 32 decimal places or something
[edit] and I said 20 was done first :_

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Here are the next improvements I wish to add to BL. Don't hesitate to post your suggestions.

half done 1) Community levels. When you create a level, you could access a page for this level where you can add several members that will be able to edit your level. I wish also that the community level would be in the wiki style, in order you can undo the changes made by somebody.

done 2) Allow any size of game. 500x440 might be a little bit too small for some games.

3) Homepage edito, a kind of blog with the latest news, the last entry being featured on the homepage. Same thing for each game.

half done 4) A tutorial for beginners on making games using the BL api. (Captain_404)

done 5) Award / Medals feature.

done 6) Affiliation link to win EXP points.

half done 7) A way to highlight/suggest levels that should be official (for administrators only?).

done 8) A search feature for the forum.

half done 9) Creation and management of achievements by each game author. Create an achievement Game API to allow anykind of achievement in the games. Something like "Kill 10 zombies in less than 10 seconds".

done 10) Evaluate a level while editing it.

11) Close topics

done 12) Forum administrators

done 13) Let game administrators set/unset limitations on user profiles.

14) Friends

done 15) Not reseting scores automatically when a level become official

16) Subscribe to your favorite level designers + notifications (html + email)

done 17) View the levels you've not played yet (a new panel inside the game menu)

half done 18) Connect / Log in interface, inside the game (to allow hotlinking of games from other websites)

done 19) A list of all red flaged topics (call for an admin).

done 20) Hot topics (active topics)

done 21) When an admin edit a message, add an option to authorize later editions by the message's author.

done 22) Level packs.

23) Customizable space on your profile.

24) Country rankings (suggestion topic).

25) Forum topic subscription and notifications (html page + email)

26) Countdown awards (complete a pack in less than X minutes)

27) Admin assistants (can be activated/deactivated by admins level 1 when they are off/on vacations)

28) Category editor (add/remove/rename), with levels management (for game authors and game admins level 2)

29) Users moderators, can see who rated and how much they rated on each level
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg