Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL "To do list"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  Birjo desperately wants 11... |:p
Zodiac 13 years ago
  Jp, you need to add to implent the custom awards. When you create an achievement you can choose "Game, custom (todo)"
Hexicube 13 years ago
  nah, seemes kinda pointless when we have admin lvl 1 and admin lvl 2 and the ability to add/remove at will whenever we want
Money666 13 years ago
  Why do we not have got number 27 that is a good idea!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  my opinion:
SPOILER
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Filter (Yes, again...):
SPOILER

And not to be mod-ish but,GET BACK ONTOPIC!xD
Ahroo 13 years ago
  BLaster Towers, I brought up decorations I made that you should use... :/
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I had to go to Tesco...i'll work on it now...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Why am I not surprised? :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol...I was joking...
I don't need sprites right now...
[edit] damn it, can't work right now....will later today...
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Marc2008, stop finding new excuses to not continuemaking your game! BL is in need of new games, be the hero!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Well, do you at least need more sprites? I have a few you could use that you forgot about, I'll bring them up in the topic. :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  NOOOO XD
I just ate, so my AS might not be as good as usual, cause i'm digesting food...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  That reminds me... BLASTER TOWERS. NOW. :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol...fingers crossed for awards personally...make 5exp award for surviving a level without losing a life XP
gameinsky 13 years ago
  What about finishing this for your new game ?
MARC2009 13 years ago
  I did say it seemes like a 5 minute job, not it is one
also I understand if you don't exactly want to work on it now, whether or not that is the case idk
jp 13 years ago
  Added 27, 28 and 29.
Actually spending a few hours a week on BL is way more efficient than working full time one week every 2 months (for me at least).
About the point 9, this is a one day job, and not 5 minutes like you said Marc. The dev is not the only thing to do. There is the conception (you can always design things as a higher level to make it easy to manage other kind of things, and that's very time consuming), the tests, the documentation (modifying the API means I need to update the docs, the API archives, test that there is no regressions on other games etc...).
MARC2009 13 years ago
  GIS that's actually harder than it sounds for some people :P
trust me I know
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Jp, what about you pick a certain hour in the weekt o work on BL :) ?
I bet nobody really minds.
gamelover101 13 years ago
  In additon to just a space, why don't we be able to move around the different modules in the homepage and our profile, kinda like on YouTube (homepage changes only affects the current account, while profile chagnes affect everyone who sees it).
Hexicube 13 years ago
  JP I respect that but tbh there are people willing to help with the lesser jobs of BL(maybe XD)
also the 9th one does seem like a 5 minute job(minus uploading if slow net like mine)
Treazer 13 years ago
  I wish Custom space on your profile would only need 1 minute....
jp 13 years ago
  There is no offence, actually there is no challenge in the whole todo list. But my time is not extensible, you'll understand later when you have children and a job.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  uh JP no offence but I really don't see the challenge with number 9 in the list...seemes like a very easy thing to do, game calls function with number, BL completes award that has number...
Treazer 13 years ago
  Level packs are oficially done now (since 10 days)! Please change it jp :)

[edit jp] done
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  I like idea #23. This is awesome!
Treazer 13 years ago
  I waiting in order for:

1. 23: Customizablöe SPace on your Profile.
2. 14: Friends
3. 16: Subscribe to your favorite level designers + notifications (html + email)
4. 3: Homepage editor, a kind of blog with the latest news, the last entry being featured on the homepage. Same thing for each game.
5. 26: Countdown awards (complete a pack in less than X minutes)
6. 24: Country rankings (suggestion topic).
7. 9: Creation and management of achievements by each game author. Create an achievement Game API to allow anykind of achievement in the games. Something like "Kill 10 zombies in less than 10 seconds".
8. 4: A tutorial for beginners on making games using the BL api. (Captain_404)
9. 1: Community levels. When you create a level, you could access a page for this level where you can add several members that will be able to edit your level. I wish also that the community level would be in the wiki style, in order you can undo the changes made by somebody.
10. 25: Forum topic subscription and notifications (html page + email)
11. 11: Close topics.
12. 7: A way to highlight/suggest levels that should be official (for administrators only?).
13. 18: Connect / Log in interface, inside the game (to allow hotlinking of games from other websites)
13. 22: Level packs. (done for me)
Ahroo 13 years ago
  same here... :/
MarioIsFireball10 13 years ago
  Um...level packs are done.I'm waiting for custom profiles and friends!

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Here are the next improvements I wish to add to BL. Don't hesitate to post your suggestions.

half done 1) Community levels. When you create a level, you could access a page for this level where you can add several members that will be able to edit your level. I wish also that the community level would be in the wiki style, in order you can undo the changes made by somebody.

done 2) Allow any size of game. 500x440 might be a little bit too small for some games.

3) Homepage edito, a kind of blog with the latest news, the last entry being featured on the homepage. Same thing for each game.

half done 4) A tutorial for beginners on making games using the BL api. (Captain_404)

done 5) Award / Medals feature.

done 6) Affiliation link to win EXP points.

half done 7) A way to highlight/suggest levels that should be official (for administrators only?).

done 8) A search feature for the forum.

half done 9) Creation and management of achievements by each game author. Create an achievement Game API to allow anykind of achievement in the games. Something like "Kill 10 zombies in less than 10 seconds".

done 10) Evaluate a level while editing it.

11) Close topics

done 12) Forum administrators

done 13) Let game administrators set/unset limitations on user profiles.

14) Friends

done 15) Not reseting scores automatically when a level become official

16) Subscribe to your favorite level designers + notifications (html + email)

done 17) View the levels you've not played yet (a new panel inside the game menu)

half done 18) Connect / Log in interface, inside the game (to allow hotlinking of games from other websites)

done 19) A list of all red flaged topics (call for an admin).

done 20) Hot topics (active topics)

done 21) When an admin edit a message, add an option to authorize later editions by the message's author.

done 22) Level packs.

23) Customizable space on your profile.

24) Country rankings (suggestion topic).

25) Forum topic subscription and notifications (html page + email)

26) Countdown awards (complete a pack in less than X minutes)

27) Admin assistants (can be activated/deactivated by admins level 1 when they are off/on vacations)

28) Category editor (add/remove/rename), with levels management (for game authors and game admins level 2)

29) Users moderators, can see who rated and how much they rated on each level
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg