Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL "To do list"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

jp 15 years ago
  Thx oh_bebe, I've added it in the todolist.
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  JP I already talked to you about this but I'll add it to the list:

When evaluating levels, an edit AND play button on the same screen, so you don't have to refresh to toggle it
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  I think it would be good if you could close old topics. Like the old contest forums - to avoid confusion
Jim674 15 years ago
  Or both!!
That would be great fun! :D
I'm sick of refreshing the page every half an hour to see if there is new messages.
lololol 15 years ago
  or a chatroom, where members can chat together??
That will be great because you can't really chat in a Forum...
Jim674 15 years ago
  I think you should add a friends feature!
jp 15 years ago
  @Darerd, do you mean a BL friend or a riend that has not n account on BL ? If ti's a BL friend, you can do like gecko told. If it's an external you have to copy paste the direct link url (you can find in the MORE tab) into an email.
jp 15 years ago
  About the .fla being save on bl servers, I'm not sure it's a good idea to develop a custom source management system for BL because it's a long work. I could install on the server an opensource system like trac or SVN with a private access. But I've never done this, I don't know how difficult it would be to install and maintain. And how secure it is for the sources.

About the PM to all testers, I had the same idea a few weeks ago, it's already in my plans :).
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Another idea that just came to me now:

A system letting a game developer send a PM to all their testers at once.

For example, today in Sneakers I left a comment in the game requesting help for the story levels. Now, not all the testers read all the comments, or even read the comments, or even test the game more than once. It would be nice to be able to write one PM and be able to send it out to all the testers so that it would be much easier for a tester to notice.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  That is a useful suggestion.
Fortunately my games don't get complicated enough for fatal errors such as that. (^_^)
Captain_404 15 years ago
  I had an idea the other day.

It might be nice if developers could store back up copies of their game on the site, so if they're far into development and accidentally write in a game-breaking error that they can't figure out how to fix, they can download an earlier version of the fla stored on the site.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  The affiliation link is a good idea, and should be quite easy to make. I think you should make it redirect the person to the homepage, and you would need to make a way to prevent people from cheating to earn themselves exp points.
jp 15 years ago
  TODO list updated ( Removed 2 Added 7, 8, 9 )
jp 15 years ago
  I've corrected this old bug that makes the highscores invisible for long username. Now the username is splitted in 2 (or 3) parts (example Green sheeps (BLockoban))

I've also added a new page that is only accessible for the administrators of the site (only me for now) to manage the level scores and ratings. Now I can remove the scores one by one on a level, this is softer than a global score reset.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  A tutorial for beginners on making games using the BL api. I plan to write this, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Maybe some time this weekend...
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  I like the ideas! But remember to add a "search" in the community level. I think it will be very frustrating to look trough all the member of the site when you only need to find 3 or 4!
And maybe you should make it possible to make a specific game be on the top on the homepage, so you can choose to get JG2 highest, then Rolling Turtle, and so on! Then you dont have to roll down the site to see the new levels in one game.
jp 15 years ago
  Here are the next improvements I wish to add to BL. Don't hesitate to post your suggestions.

half done 1) Community levels. When you create a level, you could access a page for this level where you can add several members that will be able to edit your level. I wish also that the community level would be in the wiki style, in order you can undo the changes made by somebody.

done 2) Allow any size of game. 500x440 might be a little bit too small for some games.

3) Homepage edito, a kind of blog with the latest news, the last entry being featured on the homepage. Same thing for each game.

half done 4) A tutorial for beginners on making games using the BL api. (Captain_404)

done 5) Award / Medals feature.

done 6) Affiliation link to win EXP points.

half done 7) A way to highlight/suggest levels that should be official (for administrators only?).

done 8) A search feature for the forum.

half done 9) Creation and management of achievements by each game author. Create an achievement Game API to allow anykind of achievement in the games. Something like "Kill 10 zombies in less than 10 seconds".

done 10) Evaluate a level while editing it.

11) Close topics

done 12) Forum administrators

done 13) Let game administrators set/unset limitations on user profiles.

14) Friends

done 15) Not reseting scores automatically when a level become official

16) Subscribe to your favorite level designers + notifications (html + email)

done 17) View the levels you've not played yet (a new panel inside the game menu)

half done 18) Connect / Log in interface, inside the game (to allow hotlinking of games from other websites)

done 19) A list of all red flaged topics (call for an admin).

done 20) Hot topics (active topics)

done 21) When an admin edit a message, add an option to authorize later editions by the message's author.

done 22) Level packs.

23) Customizable space on your profile.

24) Country rankings (suggestion topic).

25) Forum topic subscription and notifications (html page + email)

26) Countdown awards (complete a pack in less than X minutes)

27) Admin assistants (can be activated/deactivated by admins level 1 when they are off/on vacations)

28) Category editor (add/remove/rename), with levels management (for game authors and game admins level 2)

29) Users moderators, can see who rated and how much they rated on each level

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Here are the next improvements I wish to add to BL. Don't hesitate to post your suggestions.

half done 1) Community levels. When you create a level, you could access a page for this level where you can add several members that will be able to edit your level. I wish also that the community level would be in the wiki style, in order you can undo the changes made by somebody.

done 2) Allow any size of game. 500x440 might be a little bit too small for some games.

3) Homepage edito, a kind of blog with the latest news, the last entry being featured on the homepage. Same thing for each game.

half done 4) A tutorial for beginners on making games using the BL api. (Captain_404)

done 5) Award / Medals feature.

done 6) Affiliation link to win EXP points.

half done 7) A way to highlight/suggest levels that should be official (for administrators only?).

done 8) A search feature for the forum.

half done 9) Creation and management of achievements by each game author. Create an achievement Game API to allow anykind of achievement in the games. Something like "Kill 10 zombies in less than 10 seconds".

done 10) Evaluate a level while editing it.

11) Close topics

done 12) Forum administrators

done 13) Let game administrators set/unset limitations on user profiles.

14) Friends

done 15) Not reseting scores automatically when a level become official

16) Subscribe to your favorite level designers + notifications (html + email)

done 17) View the levels you've not played yet (a new panel inside the game menu)

half done 18) Connect / Log in interface, inside the game (to allow hotlinking of games from other websites)

done 19) A list of all red flaged topics (call for an admin).

done 20) Hot topics (active topics)

done 21) When an admin edit a message, add an option to authorize later editions by the message's author.

done 22) Level packs.

23) Customizable space on your profile.

24) Country rankings (suggestion topic).

25) Forum topic subscription and notifications (html page + email)

26) Countdown awards (complete a pack in less than X minutes)

27) Admin assistants (can be activated/deactivated by admins level 1 when they are off/on vacations)

28) Category editor (add/remove/rename), with levels management (for game authors and game admins level 2)

29) Users moderators, can see who rated and how much they rated on each level
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg