Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL "To do list"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

niimporta 13 years ago
  Shiro: I hope I was, so... i'll feel happiness when they bully me :D
Treazer 13 years ago
  Okay by EXP, i think its the best too.
Shiro 13 years ago
  I think by level.
Treazer 13 years ago
  SHould be number 24 sorted by EXP or by Ranks of the games or acepted/official levels created or total designer rate? Ranks of games would not work good, because some people not played a game, and dont have a rank in it. Designer rate would be ok, cause you needto get much of it. Levels and EXP would also work.
Shiro 13 years ago
  @Lololol, nope :-) Well, I feel something, but that's not pain :O...

@Marc, do that :D!
Hexicube 13 years ago
  rofl lololol :D
need autism forum lol
lololol 13 years ago
  So, if i hit you, You don't feel any pain?

Anyways, 26 sounds good. There should be made a theme pack on each game with that award.
Shiro 13 years ago
  Ah, okay :-) I'm not really autistic too, but I have some things that really represents autism (I am not feeling emotions like pain, joy, sadness etc...)

Erm, it's offtopic, QUICK, SAY SOMETHING ONTOPIC!
No.22 is done, right :O?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Well, oldman is wise, oldman is wise!
MartinfraKongsberg 13 years ago
  It's fine that you accomplish your missions, but if you leave there will come new levels and the packs will have to be updated or we must make an "All the levels - part 2".
And I didn't say you were autistic! I said you had autistic interests! And I can join you on that - in a milder version.
Shiro 13 years ago
  Martin, I wouldn't DARE to leave without finishing my mission :-)!
And how do you know I'm autistic (o.O)?
  Of course he can do them all, but suddenly one day he might disappear, then what? Who will do it then? Might as well fix an easier way now.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Just let shiro do them all, doh!
  @Shiro: You have some weird, autistic interests!
Shiro 13 years ago
  Nooo, that would ruin all the fun of making those D:!

DON'T ADD THAT >:(
  Another thing that would be nice is an easier way to add ALL levels (official, accepted, rejected, to be edited) in a pack. Either a button or another search-function in the "create a pack"-menu.
jp 13 years ago
  I've added the 26) that would allow to create timer based awards on packs.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  for number 1 you could make it so the other designers have to accept the new changes to the level (and can test newlevel beforehand)
Shiro 13 years ago
  I already said that Gameinsky, check the idea topic.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Sticky topics, anyone ?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  hmm idk about forum subscriptions...personally it seems pointless...
however if you mean forcing it at the top of the topic list for those subscriped then fair enough :D
jp 13 years ago
  Added 24 & 25
Hexicube 13 years ago
  for author designed achievements you could have a number ID that the game calls in BLAPI like:
BLaward(3)
and you can set the ID for awards in BL along with the name and thumbnail
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Thank you JP, now I can update along with the topic creator without it being ruined!
jp 13 years ago
  19, 21 and 22 have been changed to done, done and half done.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  put that in games suggestion list plz
minimariner 13 years ago
  I like super mario 64, that's awesome. I like super mario 64 and the missing stars.

But that's a bit too complex to have a level editor for BL. How about just Super Mario World. Because that's simpler.
murtaza64 13 years ago
  I think super mario 63 is better :/
AK 13 years ago
  jp:
pROBABLY FORGOT, BUT NOW i REALLY WANT sUPER mARIO rOM V.3 to get on Bonuslevel. I need someone to talk to the creator of the game for me though... If you can't talk to him, maybe someone else can????
minimariner 13 years ago
  the other one has a 'q' instead. (but you can't notice it much because the 'g' has been cut off a bit so it looks like a 'q'.

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Here are the next improvements I wish to add to BL. Don't hesitate to post your suggestions.

half done 1) Community levels. When you create a level, you could access a page for this level where you can add several members that will be able to edit your level. I wish also that the community level would be in the wiki style, in order you can undo the changes made by somebody.

done 2) Allow any size of game. 500x440 might be a little bit too small for some games.

3) Homepage edito, a kind of blog with the latest news, the last entry being featured on the homepage. Same thing for each game.

half done 4) A tutorial for beginners on making games using the BL api. (Captain_404)

done 5) Award / Medals feature.

done 6) Affiliation link to win EXP points.

half done 7) A way to highlight/suggest levels that should be official (for administrators only?).

done 8) A search feature for the forum.

half done 9) Creation and management of achievements by each game author. Create an achievement Game API to allow anykind of achievement in the games. Something like "Kill 10 zombies in less than 10 seconds".

done 10) Evaluate a level while editing it.

11) Close topics

done 12) Forum administrators

done 13) Let game administrators set/unset limitations on user profiles.

14) Friends

done 15) Not reseting scores automatically when a level become official

16) Subscribe to your favorite level designers + notifications (html + email)

done 17) View the levels you've not played yet (a new panel inside the game menu)

half done 18) Connect / Log in interface, inside the game (to allow hotlinking of games from other websites)

done 19) A list of all red flaged topics (call for an admin).

done 20) Hot topics (active topics)

done 21) When an admin edit a message, add an option to authorize later editions by the message's author.

done 22) Level packs.

23) Customizable space on your profile.

24) Country rankings (suggestion topic).

25) Forum topic subscription and notifications (html page + email)

26) Countdown awards (complete a pack in less than X minutes)

27) Admin assistants (can be activated/deactivated by admins level 1 when they are off/on vacations)

28) Category editor (add/remove/rename), with levels management (for game authors and game admins level 2)

29) Users moderators, can see who rated and how much they rated on each level
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg