Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BonusLevel has changed! In a bad way =(

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Im 14 years ago
  I would create a new one.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Quoting Im from BonusLevel has changed! In a bad way =(
Rejected levels aren't supposed to be commented, really...

Well, I do nnot agree with that!
If you made your first level, it get's rejected.(with no comment)
Try to feel in you are a newbie, you don't know how to fix levels.
What would you do ?
Im 14 years ago
  Well, being an admin is a huge responsibility, as you know. But I agree, they could fix some minor problems, at least for newbies.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Also, admins are not has helpfull as before.
They don't even go to the editor to fix minor problems.
They just say it...
Im 14 years ago
  Rejected levels aren't supposed to be commented, really...
Jac1 14 years ago
  I agree, I had several levels rejected whithout comment, at least one by jp!
gameinsky 14 years ago
  A few problems I have found, mixed with other people's say:

Because of the high quality, and the admins not being all that nice, they reject any "bad" level without comment, most of them then.
I see them cmmenting on purple levels, but not on rejected >:-(
I'm sure that I am the only one doing that right now...
So they reject levels without comment, the creator sees it, get's upset and leaves BL.

My friend came here, made a rubbish level.
Elizea rejected without comment.
I was the one forced to do it >:-(
It's admin job!
Not friend job!(kind of)

Mrmellons:
I saw mrmellons in the chat, a few times.
I thank Demonicyoshie for the first one to attempt an adult conversation with him.
He succeed.
I joined the conversation and asked him why he hacks.
He said he likes to destroy peoples life...
What a badass...
Yesterday I chatted with him again, he was much more nice than before.
Like he never hacked.
I asked if he plans to hack again, ad warned DY he was in chat.
He told me he would porbabely...
(classic)
NOT!

However I don't thrust him 100%
ut I do agree with sillius.

A level represents nothing without BG, I don't even understand how "heatcliffs" was made officials, it was one of my last JG2levels...

Now I'm saying this, Admins and normal players can help to turn BL active again, it's very inactive by now, not manny levels to play.
Not much official levels :/
It's starts to get boring...
Im 14 years ago
  Man.. Why did you make me read that, Sillius?
:(((
Jac1 14 years ago
  Sillius is right! We should have different locations for different kinds of people! Though that may result in fustration of not being able of getting to the next location...

demonicyoshi, I remember when I enetered (about a month after JG2 was released), it was peaceful and fun. Now it's still fun but not so peaceful, because of new people who aren't very nice, and old people who become not very nice. But there are also some very nice members who come here, like Ahroo, so it isn't so bad.

@Elizea: I remember when you came, by then I was young and naïve. Wait a minute, I still am XD
I had also detected your natural talent vey easily. I was, after all, the only one to vote your second level Welcome to the Space (Rolling Turtle) official, and I keep my decision!
Sillius 14 years ago
  I hate to say this but I think demonicyoshi is right...
The spirit of BL you spoke about, Ahroo, it has faded and need someone to bring it back :D

When I started here (soon 2 years ago (yay!)) everyone, was as demonicyoshi said, friendly and the games and levels were fun, but now...

Long (boring) text xD
SPOILER

And I also think what DY is trying to say is that when RT started the RT-forum was used for RT-related stuff and could be pretty interesting, but now it has been filled with off-topic stuff...

Just as long (and just as boring :D)
SPOILER

Oooh and by the way, Ahroo :D if you have the idea... a level can easily be done in a single night xD
Ahroo 14 years ago
  @gundu, yes. yes I don't. xP
gundu 14 years ago
  @demonicyoshi, When you say that this is starting to be boring to make levels it's probably because this is always the same game and the same things

@Ahroo, Do you underestimate me? xD

@gamelover, yeah, I agree

Ps: My level is 53% done!
gamelover101 14 years ago
  sometimes I can do that, depending on the lvl

Aww I get offtopic so easily :(
Ahroo 14 years ago
  gundu is trying to make a level in one night... xD
  What lvl do you mean?
Ahroo 14 years ago
  phail. xD

M.T.S
gundu 14 years ago
  I think was angry of poeples who said that his levels was not good or just because they were rejected... :(

Ps: My level is 18% done!
Ahroo 14 years ago
  maybe because he was angry? I dunno. :/
  why did mrmelons chat in caps?
gundu 14 years ago
  I can remember when mrmelons22 just came on BL, He tried to make level but he had some problem with them they were messy and not very original. So, I helped him a bit on how to make good level. He finally made some acceptable levels, he was friendly. But one day, everything changed but I don't really know why :/
Ahroo 14 years ago
  well, aside from the 'disturbing comments', yeah. I never got that, either. :/
  so, he used to be nice?
Ahroo 14 years ago
  he used to be a level designer, but he was banned as his messages were in block letters (CAPITALIZED LIKE THIS) and slightly disturbing. that's why he started hacking, he had been banned! his first target was nick0011.
  hmm, why did melons make lvls?

he's a hacker, and I don't think hackers do that
Ahroo 14 years ago
  @DY's first post, there may be some of that going along like the likes of mrmelons22, cl3nzer and other mean players, but the spirit of BL will never, NEVER go away. people may be mean, it's common human nature that's not easy to drop, but BL is not a person. it's a community, a tightly knit one, too. many of the people of Bonuslevel would look at this like I do and say: 'I don't see much of that...'. BL is fun becausw of this community, all of us, friends or foes or even rivals. Bonuslevel spirit has never died, and it NEVER will!

*big speech was on purpose* xD
1jase 14 years ago
  I remebered when you started making levels

and yes BL has changed but I still LOVE IT! and i try to make it fun for others by makeing levels, commenting and so forth, so i think that if we can all just have fun then...ya
Elizea 14 years ago
  'Elizea came, a day we will never forget'

- actually no one here even remembers that day, except me.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  JP made the site called BL, Tonypa and Wouter were very happy about it.
Players came, and enjoyed the only games called "CoBaCoLi and "Blokoban"
JP added somethings: forums!
Now you could post messages
Jp decided to make a new game called "Rolling turtle"
While captain_404 started making "push"
But then...
Wouter left, sooo bad...
And then tonypa, followed by some good lokoban creators.
Manny of thr RT testers are not active anymire, the only who came back (but then gone away again) was sword-guy, some like nightshade kept in BL, but barely active.
Hog pop has been made, admins also came.
Cheese9 on blockoban togetter with asforien, he got on HP and RT to.
THeNiNJa got the joy on RT and later on JG2.
Then I joined, two days later Gundu joined.
Jump gear 2 was in test phase, and hated that a bit until I understood.
JG2 finaly published, Gundu started to make so fast epic levels on it.
That time the HGes were o various peoples, mostely birjolaxew.
Then Siro came, and started to rule in JG2 while Gundu took over BL with his awesome levels.
It has been 2 months since push was officialy finished...
Kirby and supermario got Shiro and they started to tie, until supermario won... but apemanne was here too, but unfortunately he wanted to quit.
The same day itself he got hacked by his bad password "ape123"
Kirby took over JG2, birjolaxew started to be upset about the bad quality of the last official levels.

A new game called sneakers was ready for testing, I got in it.
Moonlights and ringmania 2.1 at that point were in testphase too.
Elizea came, a day we will never forget (figurative)
Sneakers got eventually changed in "super captain dan vs evil zombie plan" but to long, captain_404 then changed it in "captain dan", not powerfull enough.
CDvZP it became (captain dan vs zombie plan).
People were disapointed, many gave up looking for push.

A long period of nothing
(6 months later)
Push and moonlights were released at the same time wish made the whole ship drown the place of moonlight and Push, the other games were eventually forgotten for a short period, by users and admins.

The the frontpage got renovated, editor's pick and what's new took over.

Last thing that happened:
top member list.
  People all want to be the best lvlmaker and player.

What should we do?
Elizea 14 years ago
  lol you want me to continue my story? x)

maybe i could do a story topic with a continuing story which would get a new short chapter each day and would be 'never ending' :D

General

First post of the topic

demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  When i first came to BonusLevel it was really fun. It was fun to make levels, read peoples comments, play other levels, and lator on, enter contests.

But now, it has become a huge competition. There is constant fighting and hate between players. People constantly try to become admins, murder noobs, and act like dictators.

If your a noob and haven't quit by now, i congradulate you. If BonusLevel was this way when i first came here i would have quit the first 10 seconds i got here.

I think we should drop out hate and go back to the old way. Instead of telling people how crappy there level is and rating a 1/5 or atempting to be better then someone else, we should just relax. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg