Play the games, create the levels

Topic, The 2010 BL Game Collab!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gundu 14 years ago
  @Gecko, You should update the first comment and say who do what ;P
Hexicube 14 years ago
  if we can get JP to help then we're in business! but i'm off to bed :D
oh wait...i'm already there :_
Ahroo 14 years ago
  How about a Platformer... But with Gravity fields instead of platforms! :/
gundu 14 years ago
  It was only a suggestion

If not I don't have any other idea... (Maybe later xD)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  no that would just be odd...
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Hmm... If it's gonna be a golf game... how about make the ball attracted to the mouse? :/
Hexicube 14 years ago
  we can give it a twist...
Ahroo 14 years ago
  @gundu, No, not golfing game. golf is boring. xD

Lets make an AWESOME GAME!!! 8D

@MARC, yes, I know. BTW, what kind of actionscript do you use? :/
Hexicube 14 years ago
  not a bad idea...but needs a twist...
gundu 14 years ago
  I can make the sound! :D

Golf Game?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  basically it's scripting a scripter engine...
Ahroo 14 years ago
  No... But it's fun to be creative, isn't it? xD

I know scripting is hard... I was thinking of taking actionscript lessons from the internet once I get Flash... :/
Hexicube 14 years ago
  simple? SIMPLE?!?!? do you know ANYTHING about actionscript?
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Simple. Make an interface that is much like the BL editors, but with much, MUCH more options. As many as you need to make a game and a successful editor for it. :/

Wait... What about profiles IN GAME? and achievements IN GAME? Maybe an editor option to make achievements... :/
Hexicube 14 years ago
  how would you manage that?
Ahroo 14 years ago
  I don't think it's THAT farfetched... Just look at MARC! he's vomiting games faster than he can finish them! xD

Anyways, I could be a GIF designer... If I had a GIF animator. xD

I support this!

But... how about we make a game where you don't only create levels... you create GAMES, too!!! 8D
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I am teaching TheNinja(or was) so i'll help!
it should involve multiple game modes since there are lots of coders...
[edit] maybe JP could put BL city in?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  You can generate ideas! If you have a good game idea, you can feel free to mention it! Or you could start looking in the BL Game Ideas thread.
Bruno-heey 14 years ago
  i can do nothing! :D
demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  i'll make the pictures...
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  Brilliant idea geckojsc! I support you! :D

I go under the categories:
Programmer
Musician
(decent) Artist
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Want more info? Check the project's Google Code page.

Latest News:
We are now looking for roles. We have some coders (although we could do with a few more), and we need some spriters to make some good graphics.

Also, we have not yet decided whether the RPG will be turn-based or real-time. I would prefer turn based, but we should have a vote.

-----------------------

Last night I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if everybody on the whole of BL got together to make one big game?" So, this is what this topic is about. I think that all the programmers, all the musicians, all the artists, and all the other dudes on BL should all team up, and by the end of the year we will have a really good game!

I don't think this is over-ambitious, because there are at least five coders on BL, and certainly a few good graphics people and musicians. All we need is people willing to take part. To start off, I think we should all have suggestions for games. If you can't think of anything, then you can simply agree with somebody else's suggestion so I can get a measure of how popular the ideas are.

3..2..1... Go!

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 14 years ago
  Want more info? Check the project's Google Code page.

Latest News:
We are now looking for roles. We have some coders (although we could do with a few more), and we need some spriters to make some good graphics.

Also, we have not yet decided whether the RPG will be turn-based or real-time. I would prefer turn based, but we should have a vote.

-----------------------

Last night I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if everybody on the whole of BL got together to make one big game?" So, this is what this topic is about. I think that all the programmers, all the musicians, all the artists, and all the other dudes on BL should all team up, and by the end of the year we will have a really good game!

I don't think this is over-ambitious, because there are at least five coders on BL, and certainly a few good graphics people and musicians. All we need is people willing to take part. To start off, I think we should all have suggestions for games. If you can't think of anything, then you can simply agree with somebody else's suggestion so I can get a measure of how popular the ideas are.

3..2..1... Go!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg