Play the games, create the levels

Topic, The 2010 BL Game Collab!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 14 years ago
  Yeah, that's true. :/
Hexicube 14 years ago
  always develop the most important system first, as in the one that most others depend on one way or another
like for example develop movemeny before collision, enemy AI before battling, etc.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  BUT!!! make a shell of this game first before making the rest. we need something to work with. :/
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Yes, JP and Ahroo are both right. We sould probably complete our other games first.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  both of them :D
murtaza64 14 years ago
  lol i suck, right!XD
Ahroo 14 years ago
  @murtaza, WTF?! -_-

@MARC, what was I right about? the completing simpler games first or the shell idea? :/
Hexicube 14 years ago
  urm no XD
too complex to make
murtaza64 14 years ago
  yeah but we were talking about Brawl a second ago.

I just have an idea! I know we've agreed on RPG, but how about we make some sort of brawl?
Hexicube 14 years ago
  urm lol? this has nothing to do with 2010 BL game collab(I know I sound moddish)
murtaza64 14 years ago
  Back to brawl for a sec, we should make a topic. Me and my friend (hardcore brawler too) made a custom stage with lots of traps using the un-hacked stage builder, and lvl 9s were trying to escape from a small hole in the spikes, while the exit of falling block was open. It's just so funny. I call it doing an Olimar, 'cause he did it first. I'll show a snapshot on Saturday, when I get an SD card and I'll use brawl snapshot decrypter.

We also made one with hacked stage studio for PC, and made them look stupider.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I like counter-strike source :D
but seriously, Ahroo has a point ;)
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Hmm... I seem to have missed all of the spam. xD

Now, JP is right. Simpler games should be finished first, as this game will be so complex that it might take up more than just this whole year... D:

And this is really getting to be a handful. Someone should make the shell of the game first, the raw materials needed to create such a game, before moving into the incredibly technical things. :/
zodiacra 14 years ago
  Soosiz is a planet-like game: walking to the end of a platform makes you go upside-down. But walking to an edge, makes you fall!

Search "Soosiz" on Youtube for a trailer!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  you know I think i'll play it now with some hard enemies >:D
SuperDog 14 years ago
  Well I could help a bit if it was game maker but its flash
Hexicube 14 years ago
  XD
I heard they tend to suicide
maybe level 8?
the pathfinder TheNinja showed me(from tonypa) works AMAZINGLY well it always finds shortest path on my 40X40 map in about .06 seconds
gundu 14 years ago
  Well, It's easy to beat a lvl 9 computer.

They throw themself in the holes... xD
Hexicube 14 years ago
  add pathfinding or something if it's tile based
SuperDog 14 years ago
  Ya i have played meeblings
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I used to be able to beat lvl 9 but beating a team of 3 lvl 9s would ve a challenge...
demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  gundu- there could be lots of strategy in real-time battles. Just look at Brawl, you have almost the same number of atacks as in role-playing games (yoshi has about over 15 atacks, and 4 different sheilds) to be a good brawler you have to use alot strategy when fighting, like playing defensive or offensive, knowing when and how to atack, and what to atack with.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I can manage that once the main engine is working...
gameinsky 14 years ago
  can you spawn things frm a certain point gecko ?
I mean like
/
| -(t)
x\

x is made out all dots coming from dot 't', if you can do that I see an easy way of creating weapons or other things.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  are we actually implementing BLAPI? that's what the problem is with my games as it's in CS3(or 4 or something) and my game isn't...
jp 14 years ago
  By the way, don't you think that before jumping into such a complex project, that would be better to complete the BL games that some of you have started ? I don't believe such a complex project will ever make it to the BL front page while much more simple games can't.
Sillius 14 years ago
  We are remaking Diablo... yay xD
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Hmm... It seems we might have real-time battles after all. :/

Also, I believe a level should be an AREA, not a quest or story line.

Quests/Storylines can be an option to be had in the editor.

Perhaps you would like to make a town, one along the road to another place as a pit stop. You can attach the means to other quests onto people. and, possibly to "cutscenes", if they are possible. :/

Also, maybe there should be no quests at all. Maybe there can be places with only shops and people to talk to, and perhaps hidden items in the town? :/
ArrowswissFORUM 14 years ago
  Real-time sounds good, since when did you guys start this? And RPG!?! Woah!
Gamemaster 14 years ago
  geckojsc, you are leading the game, so it is your responsibility to make final decisions.

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 14 years ago
  Want more info? Check the project's Google Code page.

Latest News:
We are now looking for roles. We have some coders (although we could do with a few more), and we need some spriters to make some good graphics.

Also, we have not yet decided whether the RPG will be turn-based or real-time. I would prefer turn based, but we should have a vote.

-----------------------

Last night I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if everybody on the whole of BL got together to make one big game?" So, this is what this topic is about. I think that all the programmers, all the musicians, all the artists, and all the other dudes on BL should all team up, and by the end of the year we will have a really good game!

I don't think this is over-ambitious, because there are at least five coders on BL, and certainly a few good graphics people and musicians. All we need is people willing to take part. To start off, I think we should all have suggestions for games. If you can't think of anything, then you can simply agree with somebody else's suggestion so I can get a measure of how popular the ideas are.

3..2..1... Go!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg