Play the games, create the levels

Topic, The 2010 BL Game Collab!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

demonicyoshi 14 years ago
  i think the fighting should be like Pokemon Rumble.
(if you never played pokemon rumble before, you can download a free demo on the wiishop channel)

just add jumping, doge-rolls, and more atacks, and it will be the pefect fighting system.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  My friend made a kind of RPG-ish battle ASCII
on this topic
this
it's below, maybe you can uuse it as the basic RPG battle system ?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  I've been having some good ideas... Instead of an intro screen with a play button, we could have the main village with a shop, maybe an unlockable quick-play dungeon (then I could get my roguelike :D) and a room that goes to the main menu for level selection.

I don't think we should have a Z axis (it's waaay too complicated). We could used the fake height that you get in GBA Pokémon games (where there are sprites that look like ledges and stairs, but they actually act just like walls and paths).
Hexicube 14 years ago
  it's more 3Dish like my BL city but with a Z axis
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  I'd love to see a 3-Dimensional game at BL :)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  a shop isn't too hard...
gameinsky 14 years ago
  If it's going to be RPG Ahroo will have good ideas !
He is making one on RT, but I don't think he will ever finish it as making an rpg + aditional shop requires a month of pathing...
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I can expriment to sort out a 3D ish system...
[edit] I think I just worked it out already O_O
more 2.5D though
Elizea 14 years ago
  I can help on ideas, maybe images and music too :)
jp 14 years ago
  I think this is a very ambitious project. @gecko, OK you can count on many people on BL, but it relies mainly on its leader (you). Organizing such a thing is a huge job.

You can count on me for ideas, advices, feedback, debugging, API integration (user data API would be necessary for a RPG).

I suggest an open source game code. @gecko, you should create a project on google opensoruce code. It will make it easier for us to help you (test/correct/upload images).
SVN is perfect to manage such a collaborative project.

A RPG is a nice idea, you can make a light engine at first, and then add new items, weapons, maps elements.
I would do a turn based RPG, still fun and much easier to get acceptable performances.
Sillius 14 years ago
  How about a The Legend of Zelda, like theme? xD
With an amazing mainquest and some items you'll find in dungeon chests?

If this is going to be made it wil be amazing xD
Ahroo 14 years ago
  You have a point there, but this means a 3D game, too... AWESOME!! 8D
  i was thinking the level editor could be a 3d grid, you chose from different block types you want, then on an x-y grid (tilted back a bit) you place the blocks, then use shift to raise/lower the block on a z axis.

several block types would be:
normal, able to be custom colored
falling, falls when nothing is under it
ice, slippery
trampoline, bouncy
swich block, to activate paths (simpilar then in rt, only moves in 1 direction)

buildings, like shops that can be edited to change the items sold

and enemies.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  True... that'd settle it... :/

Perhaps... perhaps custom shops? custom towns? custom events? :/

My head might explode. xD
  we could assign diferent music depending on the category that the level is under.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  helloooooooooooooo?! O_O
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Well, We have at least FIVE good coders, one of them is JP. 8D

Maybe we can also introduce Zero-Two and his awesome remix music! 8D
  Any thing custom would have to be local saved to avoid using up too much bl server space.

and its all posable... but well need some damn good scriptors and programers.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Okay... *imagines ninjas coming out of nowhere to attack me*. xD

Maybe even customizable music? Is that going too far? :/

... I wonder how BL might implement this... :/

I know I'd give my right arm to be a tester. xD
  nah, not turn based, it would be open battle.

space= jump
arow keys= move
x+arrow key= dodge roll
b=punch
c= throw/ pick up
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Hmm... *imagines people flooding towards me with fight requests*. xD

Anyways, maybe you can add team members, too! :/

All of this might be in a turn-based battle system similar to pokemon or Super Mario RPG? :/
  yah! it would be multi-player, each charactor will have the avatar of the user playing on there shirt, but multiplayer mode only activates after you beat the level.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  You're reading my mind! 8D

Also, maybe we can create custom weapons, armor and items and put them in chests in the levels. xD

Maybe player-to-player confrontation? :/
  rather then levels, sections would be added to the map? sounds awsome!

instead of the layout of oficial levels used now, it would be a huge map, and areas to travel too would be indicated by colored dots (like in mario games) the game admin will chose were to place each new oficial on the map, depending on type of level (mountanius, watery, grassy)
Ahroo 14 years ago
  See? this is working out PERFECTLY! 8D

Also, people might be able to create their own areas, and if they're accepted they'll appear as locations to visit! Also, maybe customizeable enemies and ready-made ones to litter the place with? >:)
  Maybe each person earns exp based on score divided by oficial levels completed, then you could use exp to buy items, and purchases will be saved locally.
This way, the bl server wont have to use much data, and your money would be saved no matter were you are.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Adventure RPG, my favorite. Maybe we can implement a save system, to save your current party, weapons, armor and items. :/
  im not shure if you can have a complete RPG on bl, so choose a category with rpg, like shooting rpg, adventure rpg, platform rpg....
Ahroo 14 years ago
  RPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2
  before we decide on a game, first we should chose a category of game like, adventure, shooting, racing, action, platform, RPG....

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 14 years ago
  Want more info? Check the project's Google Code page.

Latest News:
We are now looking for roles. We have some coders (although we could do with a few more), and we need some spriters to make some good graphics.

Also, we have not yet decided whether the RPG will be turn-based or real-time. I would prefer turn based, but we should have a vote.

-----------------------

Last night I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if everybody on the whole of BL got together to make one big game?" So, this is what this topic is about. I think that all the programmers, all the musicians, all the artists, and all the other dudes on BL should all team up, and by the end of the year we will have a really good game!

I don't think this is over-ambitious, because there are at least five coders on BL, and certainly a few good graphics people and musicians. All we need is people willing to take part. To start off, I think we should all have suggestions for games. If you can't think of anything, then you can simply agree with somebody else's suggestion so I can get a measure of how popular the ideas are.

3..2..1... Go!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg