Play the games, create the levels

Topic, The 2010 BL Game Collab!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 14 years ago
  Yeah, a BL RPG! people create their own areas and add them next to other areas. they can also make new enemies or take old ones into it!

... this is good. 8D
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Or an RPG?
It could be a story to start with, then have the non-story levels afterwards. (just like CDvZP)
Ahroo 14 years ago
  How about... MOAR COWBELL!!! >8D
geckojsc 14 years ago
  A roguelike!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  birds-eye view is always a good idea
maybe you could make...IDK XD
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Already a game like that, called 'Warp Shot'. xP
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Or a game with teleporting or wormholes! *drools*
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Well... That doesn't stop people from brainstorming! xD
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Some sort of birds-eye view game would be nice, like a roguelike or something. Then again, there is a game that Gundu and THeNiNJa are working on which has that sort of view, so it might be better to wait for that instead.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  @SuperDog, You played Meeblings? :/

P.S. BUMP!!!

Procrastinators! xD

I can't upload anything whatsoever, but I can chuck out ideas. xP
SuperDog 14 years ago
  Ahroo theres also a game called meebies(or sumin) you haveto click the pink 'un to change g'vity

I am useless not only in RS but in this... Find me a talent and I might help :)
gameinsky 14 years ago
  I'l support this with suggestions & tesing :D
I can't really do more, maybe easy art :?
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Besides these things, we might also need better music... like this stuff I'm listening to. xD
Gamemaster 14 years ago
  I agree with gundu. You should be able to switch gravity to any direction.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  there's a game called Enigma that's like that. :S

The big block that you have to get through to get one of the hints for the code.
gundu 14 years ago
  Which block?

And what about a platform game where you can switch the gravity?
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Don't ask me. xD

And NOT the sunken ship, the block in it. xP
gundu 14 years ago
  Oh... It's not even a maze, how did you get lost there? xD
Ahroo 14 years ago
  @gundu: No, I meant the one in the sunken ship. :P
gamelover101 14 years ago
  Oh noes. I can't make a game

And this project might take more than a year :S
Ahroo 14 years ago
  If I know anything from Super Mario RPG, DON'T MAKE 3D MAZES. D:
Gamemaster 14 years ago
  I've got an idea! What if we make a maze like game in 3-D. You have to go through the maze you have to go through it and not hit the walls.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Oh... :/

I knew that! xD
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I made up the name :_
Ahroo 14 years ago
  @MARC, I never played Graviton. O_o
geckojsc 14 years ago
  It's slightly different from linerider. Even if it doesn't get made for BL, at least I've finally found something to amuse me at break time. :D
Anyway, I'm off to bed now. Looking forward to seeing what people come up with in the morning!
Hexicube 14 years ago
  geckojsc you just found out how linerider was invented :D
[edit] don't say you can move him there's freerider for that
geckojsc 14 years ago
  I think we'll sort out who's doing what later on. For now we should just think of ideas. I found this cool pencil and paper game today. Adding extra features and allowing users to draw their own tracks might be quite nice. It would just be a nightmare to code a game like that.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  Ahroo that's a brilliant idea but maybe include platforms aswell?
[edit] 'Graviton' =3

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 14 years ago
  Want more info? Check the project's Google Code page.

Latest News:
We are now looking for roles. We have some coders (although we could do with a few more), and we need some spriters to make some good graphics.

Also, we have not yet decided whether the RPG will be turn-based or real-time. I would prefer turn based, but we should have a vote.

-----------------------

Last night I thought "Wouldn't it be nice if everybody on the whole of BL got together to make one big game?" So, this is what this topic is about. I think that all the programmers, all the musicians, all the artists, and all the other dudes on BL should all team up, and by the end of the year we will have a really good game!

I don't think this is over-ambitious, because there are at least five coders on BL, and certainly a few good graphics people and musicians. All we need is people willing to take part. To start off, I think we should all have suggestions for games. If you can't think of anything, then you can simply agree with somebody else's suggestion so I can get a measure of how popular the ideas are.

3..2..1... Go!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg