Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Star Tower Game

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

MarioIsFireball10 13 years ago
  The backrounds look like the editor from Push.
AK 13 years ago
  New sprite, background Ghost.

I'll try to do all of the backgrounds today.
  Still,GO PIKACHU!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  @MIF10, it IS pokemon trainer. xP
AK 13 years ago
  Okay, I got it. Now I will get Underground, Sky, Space, Castle, and Star.
AK 13 years ago
  Thanks! Now if I could just get it to work....
  This looks good,the sprites,I mean.

THE GUY LOOKS LIKE POKEMON TRAINER! GO,PIKACHU!
AK 13 years ago
  This doesn't make sense. I made all of my sprites except for the star 25x25. The level editor is 625x500. When I fill all of the tiles in the level editor, they fit perfectly. But when I split it into 25x25 tiles, they won't fit. Can anyone help?
AK 13 years ago
  New sprite! This will be 1 of the 5 backgrounds for the level editor. I need to put in the graph lines first though.
AK 13 years ago
  Forget "Blocky", i'm going for another character.

TRAINER!!!

Yes, and he's copyrighted. I don't care.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  The exact opposite of me, I LOVE making pixel art. xP

That's why BLaster towers sprites look pixelated. :p
AK 13 years ago
  LOL I named the character Blocky!!!!

Yeah, i'm not good a pixel drawings.....
Ahroo 13 years ago
  O_o

It's okay, just a bit... blocky.

I prefer gelatinous spheres for some reason. :p
AK 13 years ago
  New character! Is he good?
AK 13 years ago
  Okay, I'll make my own character.

I'll make moving tiles later, SuperDog.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Yeah. like Enough Plumbers did. xP
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  i think mario is already copyrighted. You should edit them to look less mario related.
SuperDog 13 years ago
  Nice sprites. Though only the star feels realistic. And the lava and ? block should move, and you need the feather the other way round as well.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  They seem... weathered. Maybe retouch them? :/
AK 13 years ago
  Got some sprites, check at right.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  See? told ya it was Flixel, AK. xP
AK 13 years ago
  Okay! :)

Latest flash is 8, right?

But I will start with the sprites before I download anything. I will post the sprites at the first message.
jp 13 years ago
  AK as I told you, I will not have time to be your personal Flash teacher :). On the documentation page that you can't read ( http://www.bonuslevel.org/about/docs_0.html ) you need to install the latest flash player (look for "flash player download" on google).

About the development environement, Flixel + Flex SDK + Flash develop are free and a great way to make Flash games. You have to work with bitmaps for the graphics (with a dedicated software like Photoshop or The Gimp(free)).

Flash CS5 is expensive but will be easier for a beginner. You can work with vectors for the graphics.

There are plenty of people who can help you in this forum., that's why I asked you to use the forum and not PM.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  AK get the flash 8 trial to get used to the layout for a start...
MartinfraKongsberg 13 years ago
  Do you find any answers at the bottom of this page?

http://www.bonuslevel.org/about/docs_6.html
AK 13 years ago
  I meant that's how long it would take to totally finish an actual game. Most games take 2-3 years to make. Computer games usually take 3-6 months. A 1 month trial most likely wouldn't be enough.

I'm going to bed now. JP, if you're on, please show me which flash would make the best game for BL.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Have you noticed that 1000 hours isn't the average game maker's attention span? :p
AK 13 years ago
  I doubt it. I'm new to game creating, and i'll only be on about 2 hours every day. That's only 60 hours total, when usually normal games take 1000 hours.

I might be able to, but when the trial runs out, i'd have to give one of you the data for the game.

Is it worth it?
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  you can get a free demo of the flash software for a month. If you can make the game in less then a month, then go for it!
Ahroo 13 years ago
  By wire, I meant metaphorically. :/

you DON'T need to wire a box into your computer, you'll need to put together bits of software, there's a tutorial. :/

Flash game development

First post of the topic

AK 13 years ago
  This forum is for the development of "Star Tower". This will be updated daily.

Game so far:
Star Tower
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg