Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Star Tower Game

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  ... actually, once I learn AS3 and/or gedt Flixel maybe we should collab a game here. :p

There could be a hybrid sprite selection between yours and mine, along with hybrid gameplay ideas. :/
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  should have more sprites (for items)... ill make them.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  It was GOING to be the main character... but AK decided not to use it as the third sprite is more than 25x25 pixels. I think. :/

Frames 1 and 2 are used for running, frames 2 and 3 are used for jumping and frame 4 is death. :/
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  omg! that should be the main charactor. You just need to make the items more fitting to that charactor.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  @Birjolaxew what do you think of my pixel art? :p

@AK, yes, it happened again. xD
Hexicube 13 years ago
  AK open up teamviewer, I can help for about an hour...
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  I've been out there living my life! (Ok, that's a lie... I've been wasting my life, sitting in front a computer, playing random games. But it's been pretty funny!).
I've just been reminded of this website, and I must say, the nostalgia is overwhelming. However, I've been addicted to a game called Minecraft, and probably won't stay here for long. I'm learning to code at the moment, so maye I'll come back one day, with my very own game? Don't expect it to be in the near future however...
chris3000 13 years ago
  hey wb, birjolaxew, where have you been?
birjolaxew 13 years ago
  Just a quick advice (Cause I'm not completey gone yet):
Programming isn't something you learn in a week - if you want to create a proper game, it'll be a long journey from the idea to the actual release. Every single one of the games you see on this website are programmer by hand, meaning that the respective creators actually used a lot of their time sitting in front of their computer, looking at a bland text file. Programming is a slow and boring thing to learn, but once you've learnt enough to make something proper, the reward is huge. If you still want to try it out, I would recommend Python. Python is a programming language that's specially user-friendly, because it's very close to the english language. This means that you can read a python file, and actually understand part of it, without any kind of programming experience. You can find a starter tutorial on the official Python website, but if you can, I would recommend buying a book. Hope it helped a bit. And remember, don't expect results within the first half year!
AK 13 years ago
  OK, MARC will try and help me with this. I'll comment when i've made some progress.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  AK, you ought start with an easier programming language (like turbopascal) After you understand that and experimented enough, get to a harder one, like C4.
Turbopascal is the standart programmer language, and is the base stone for all others.
And free for download, I saw !
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I'm probably 4 times more patient than you, gamelover. I just do it to push some of MARC's buttons. :p
gamelover101 13 years ago
  @Ahroo
Be patient...
AK 13 years ago
  I need help with programming...... I went to the site, but the tutorial was some 1,850 pages. MARC, that would be great if you could teach me.

And GIS, maybe your friend could make the game if I can't, but I will try my best.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  ... BLASTER TOWERS. NOW. >:P

You got your sleep, you has no excuse. :p
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well, if you get teamviewer I can attemp to teach you ActionScript(assuming that's what you want to learn), or some basic C++ scripts...
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I found good ones but... does Newgrounds work on your computer? :/
AK 13 years ago
  Good idea..................
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Erm... maybe you should find a flash tutorial? :/
AK 13 years ago
  Actually MARC, my dad taught me a bit about scripts. I just don't really know how to use them that well.

Can an admin teach me what to script for this game?
Ahroo 13 years ago
  @MARC... or you'll have weird dreams. xD
chris3000 13 years ago
  ok, well you get some rest, xP
Hexicube 13 years ago
  not yet, I need some sleep...
btw I ate a lot of mushrooms today...mmm they tasted GOOD :D
*grows to size of house*
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Blaster Towers NOW! |:C

Yes, I've been waiting to do that for a while... xD
Hexicube 13 years ago
  Quoting Sillius from Star Tower Game
AK, I suggest you take a look at this site :)
Thye even have a link to a free scripting program, which is very easy to use :)

wtf dont try to get him to learn C, HIS HEAD WILL EXPLODE D:
btw im back from BL graveyard, at least until someone works out how to kill me again... :P
Ahroo 13 years ago
  MINIbump 3: rise of teh knobs! >:D
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Of course I won't. :p
AK 13 years ago
  Geez, you just won't stop posting that, will you?

I got the script file!

I'll need some help on it though...

I'll get the moving tiles as soon as I can!
Ahroo 13 years ago

How do you like this character I made, allyally? :3
allyally 13 years ago
  Any thoughts on Moving parts?

Flash game development

First post of the topic

AK 13 years ago
  This forum is for the development of "Star Tower". This will be updated daily.

Game so far:
Star Tower
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg