Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Obscurity"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

kiethy342 10 years ago
  Glitch?

I found this while making a level. Has this been done intentionally, or is it just a glitch?
gundu 10 years ago
  Ferrari, Press F5 ;P
Ferrari12 10 years ago
  Are you really going to add the St. Anger cover art (THeNiNJa's avatar) as a deadly obstacle? As a Metallica fan, I think that would be awesome, but wouldn't it be copyright infringing of some sort? (Or have I misunderstood something here?)

Anyway, it's great to see that BL will get another featured game in the near future :)
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Treazer, what happens when 2000 levels are made? We're gonna be out of ideas! :/
alanliu12121 10 years ago
  LOL, alright.
Treazer 10 years ago
  Lol, I won the level after 5 moves xP

Well, alan such levels will definitely get rejected. Levels should have a story or a great concept, great puzzles etc. Not a level like that.
Please don't make these levels when Obscurity is released.
alanliu12121 10 years ago
  I think i made a somewhat annoying level
gameinsky 10 years ago
  That's a pretty nifty tileset :)
Treazer 10 years ago
  True xD
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Yeah! I was thinking about that! xP
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Wow, theninja's avatar should definitely be a deadly obstacle.
Treazer 10 years ago
  The tileset looks amazing, well done!

Simon's NPCs are pretty cool and it's great that you made them colorable like in Spectrum!
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Update: I added a desert tileset, now designing some more scenery to go with it. :)

You can now switch between the editor tools (draw, fill, erase, move, clone, edit) using the number keys 1 to 6.

Atmospheric particles are now working fine, you can use them to make snow, rain, petals, dust and other neat effects. Also Simon provided me with some cool custom-colour creatures from his old game Spectrum, which I'm adding too. Maybe I'll give them the ability to talk too.
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Hey gecko, why don't you add theninja's avatar as a tile? |:p
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Yeh pig, if you copy the code incorrectly, your whole level code could be invalid. :(

Thanks for helping everyone out Treazer.
I might add spikes or some kind of static, non-moving deadly objects into the game.
I'll add a bunch of backgrounds for mountains, volcanoes and stuff. They'll probably be faint silhouettes or something.

Also, I'll make a full manual for the level editor before release, but sorry if it's a little confusing right now. In the meantime, you can always send me a PM or post here if you're stuck on a certain feature. :)
Treazer 10 years ago
  Pig, maybe you didn't copy the code correctly? Make sure you've copied the whole code and pasted the whole code without any changes into the level code bar.

No Problem SM... xD
SuperMario 10 years ago
  zzz
Okay still sleepy xD

Thanks for the advice Brollazer :p
pig 10 years ago
  Nooo i can't play it! I create a level, save it, and i want to test it, i click to "test" and the level turns to void! I click the "edit" and the level turns to white!
Treazer 10 years ago

@GL
Make a door in room 0 and a door in room 1.
Hold your mouse over each door and note their EntityIDs.

E.g. the door in room 0 has got the ID 7 and the one in room 1 has got 2.

Tick "edit" and edit the door in room 0 (Note: you have to be in the entity selecting area) and make it link to room 1 and door 2.
Now go to your door in room 1 and edit the door. Link to room 0 and door 7.

That's it :)

@Gundu, that are some great idea, imo.
But gecko has already implemented lava :)

And I don't think that gecko will implement spikes, because
spikes won't be a solid block like the tilesets, of course.
And if he would make it as a background block, you could use it as lethal and non-lethal block, which will be very confusing in some levels.
So you have to make your own tileset with spikes, upload it and put a legal region above it ( the red square in the entity selection area ).

@SM
Also some great ideas! :)
You can already choose every background in the editor you'd like to have to, but it can only have one color.
If you'd like to have a background with some patterns or some additions, simply make your own tileset and upload it.

@Totallyepicdude321, you can actually test the game a bit here!
Simply make your level, export it, copy the code and paste it into the level code bar on the lefthand side of the website.

Water will slow you down, but definitely not much. It's good when it does that, because it feels more like water when you dive :)

@Magic_X
I have to agree, gecko made a beautiful game!
Some tiles aren't implemented yet, although you can see them in the editor. There are also some complex tiles, but there will be tutorials :)
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Keep this flood active as far as you can, because I'll be making some levels on the beta page. |:p
Magic_X 10 years ago
  Wow, this is really impressive! Its really fun to make levels, even though I'm not quite sure what some tiles do yet, but its still really cool. Keep up the good work! :)
totallyepicdude321 10 years ago
  I haven't seen the game yet (don't facepalm saying "well you cant yet!") but for water levels can you please make so the water doesn't slow you down, that just bothers me so MUCH!>:U
SuperMario 10 years ago
  What about red-lava rocks for lava levels and a red background for a volcano level?
gundu 10 years ago
  So... Just got some esthetic ideas. What about lava, ash block and a night-ish background for a ''hell'' environment and grey platforms for cave/caverns.

Also, spikes could come handy.
gamelover101 10 years ago
  Ooh the Beta's out! One question, how do you switch between rooms?
SuperMario 10 years ago

I think you're welcome :)
Treazer 10 years ago
  Hehe, thanks :)
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Very well designed :)
Anyways, I still can't wait for this game! x3

I gotta sleep now.

zzz
Treazer 10 years ago
  Thanks :) It's a figurae ( the race of Podly ) and I designed him :) He and Podly are good friends :P
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Nice avatar Teazer :p

Games forum

Play Game "Obscurity"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 10 years ago
  Latest news:

Hi guys, I'll hopefully be starting the test phase some time this week.

If you're not a tester, you can still check the game out and share your small levels using the public beta page (if the links become too big, they won't work).

obscurity.html

If you have any cool story ideas or level concepts, that require a certain feature to be implemented, let me know and I'll consider adding it.

There's now a topic for feature requests
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg