Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Obscurity"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Treazer 10 years ago
  I see you already figured out where you can suggest them :)
Spoony 10 years ago
  Oh wow new game :D
Can't wait :D
also how do i suggest ideas?
Treazer 10 years ago
  The dash powerup is really awesome, well done gecko! :)
But is it intended that you can kill every enemy except the Schemers?

PS: Powerups are solid for crates.
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Oh lol, yes I added that while I was testing some collision bugs, I'll fix it when I get home.

Also, the current version of the game has FlashPunk's debug mode enabled. You can press the '0' key to enable hitbox rendering and step through the game 1 frame at a time. Might be useful to you guys for reproducing bugs. :)
alanliu12121 10 years ago
  There is a bug that we start off with the jet powerup
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Latest addition: Dash powerup
Allows you to charge through some enemies and crates, destroying them. May still be a little rough around the edges.

It's the red powerup, replacing the old fireball powerup which didn't suit the game (or at least I was bad at implementing it).
SuperMario 10 years ago
  I'll make some levels.
Treazer 10 years ago
  True! :)

The testing phase would've started a few days ago, but because of several bugs it's delayed a bit. It'll probably start in the next 2 or 3 days.
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Wow, this game keeps growing and growing. Nice work Gecko!
SuperMario 10 years ago
  Quoting SimonM from Game "Obscurity"
I'm sure good non-story levels will also be accepted.

weeeeelll... probably a lot of them.
  And I'm still learning on how to do some stuff here.
azz 10 years ago
  Eh, I still need to finish my Matrix levels. With your awesome new tilesets that should be possible. I do highly suggest you give blocks an "exist" function too though.
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Yeah of course, as long as they're of a reasonable length or quality.
For example, a level like Sky Flower in Knytt Stories is completely abstract, but it still makes a great adventure.

If the level doesn't need a story, you don't need to add one. I know alan's levels are just quick examples, but if they were real levels they would at least need music, lighting, background tiles and some variation/development of the concepts.
SimonM 10 years ago
  I'm sure good non-story levels will also be accepted.
azz 10 years ago
  Alan, you have nice potential as a level designer but remember, gecko intends for this game to be story based. Adding a story to your level makes it so much better.
gamelover101 10 years ago
  Quoting azz from Game "Obscurity"
You guys are never on chat at the weekends in the morning. I've been trying to show you a problem I've been having with a spooky disappearing platform xD

Timezone? :D lol

----
Quoting alanliu12121 from Game "Obscurity"
Here is what said below (cuz I was bored and had free time):

If you need level code: 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

Nice level! :D
Treazer 10 years ago
  Well, I'm in Germany, so morning doesn't really count...
I'm always online at 10AM, which is 9AM in London. And 9AM is still morning...
  Can you show it to us?
azz 10 years ago
  You guys are never on chat at the weekends in the morning. I've been trying to show you a problem I've been having with a spooky disappearing platform xD
  Here is what said below (cuz I was bored and had free time):

If you need level code: 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
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Oh, the game actually already has that feature! First use the liquid layer to set the type of liquid (use the draw tool to set its height in the room). Then you can place an inflow entity (looks like a grey circle in the entities box) above the surface to make the water level rise. Note: you need to trigger the inflow using a button or timer, etc. in order for the inflow to start emitting water.

[edit] yeh, like alan said, the doors don't appear unless they are connected to a valid destination door. You do this with the edit tool.
  You have to "connect the doors", if you know what i mean. There's an edit option in the editor so use that to connect the doors to each other.
SuperMario 10 years ago
  I have an idea: Ascending water (and lava).

Where are these coloured doors? I get the keys but they doesn't appear (I'm not talking about the brown door).
Treazer 10 years ago
  Lol, don't worry, I won't put elephants on 'em, xD

Anyway, nice addition!
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Latest addition: speed platforms (they're the golden things, next to cloud blocks in the editor)

Use them with caution, don't put elephants on them, they don't like it. xD
Treazer 10 years ago
  Oh, I thought it was a bug which Simon had too. Well, it's great that I was wrong, so there's nothing to fix! ;D
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Oh keithy, that's just because you placed a wall behind the door, preventing people from walking in front of it.

I agree the size of the tiles and buttons can be too small in the editor, but I configured the stage so that you can zoom in with your web browser. The tiles might be a bit blurry but it can make the editor easier to use sometimes. If you set it to 2x bigger, it won't fit on the screen for many people, but ~1.5 times is quite good. ;)

I've also got a very WIP Level Editor Manual on dropbox, but you might find it useful for some things already. (especially the lighting system, which can be confusing at first)
Treazer 10 years ago
  Lol, gecko already made it bigger xD
It was 428x428 (I think) and now it is about 700x500 :P
gundu 10 years ago
  I wonder if it's possible to set the editor at least 2x bigger, 'cause it's prety small as it is x.x
Treazer 10 years ago
  @Kiethy
Yup, this is a bug, Simon had the same one.

@SuperMario, believe me, you can make tons of levels with Obscurity ;) And gecko said, that he wants story-based levels. I don't think, that levels without a story, but which still have a good concept will be rejected (you'll have to ask gecko, of course), but levels like the one of alan will definitely be rejected.

@Ferrari, like gundu said, press Ctrl+F5 :)
And if you'd see the new avatar I wouldn't be able give you an answer here, but if he won't implement it, you'll still can upload it as custom tileset and put a lethal region over it ;)

Games forum

Play Game "Obscurity"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 10 years ago
  Latest news:

Hi guys, I'll hopefully be starting the test phase some time this week.

If you're not a tester, you can still check the game out and share your small levels using the public beta page (if the links become too big, they won't work).

obscurity.html

If you have any cool story ideas or level concepts, that require a certain feature to be implemented, let me know and I'll consider adding it.

There's now a topic for feature requests
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg