Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Obscurity"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Jos 10 years ago
  Nope. Doors doesn't work on my computer. Neither in the "somewhat annoying level" by alanliu.

btw: a way to commit suicide would be handy, e.g. if you passed a checkpoint and then you get locked in a place without enemies.

Edit: this can't be meaned: http://goo.gl/8Nkc2R
Treazer 10 years ago
  Yes, the doors have to be linked to each other. You can ride on elephants when you jump on them. The other ones have no function, they look only great :) But the red animals are enemies.

The level looks pretty cool :)
Jos 10 years ago
  I don't think that the 3 links everyone can see in the more tab are the same as the bin files. So no code. Think I already linked the doors. Let's try again...

Can see the doors now, but can't use them. Does the 2nd door has to be linked back to the first (doesn't work either)? And the animals: have they a function in the game?

Edit: Had already some amusement in the editor, for who wants to already play a level: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11403463/Obscurity.swf?levelData=eNrj5GZkYeRkZuSUZeRkZ%2BQUZOR0Z2RhoAYcZAaZkGqQAg5xm0HnNbwGqVJukBiLOIsgiy6LNIsMixyQzwjGjCzMYIwMGaEijGA1DKAUBUxX3lTyJNjIUcMwIQt%2BceIMkwTGG4gWAWIZFHFpMM0DMRLTMBasxghCtcGgDApPBKySG9MwHgJ83JAH0zBBFikUKAR2kySaKDYoPJrOBtgwsIHMzEacwArKlkWZhZ2Lm5GRmdkYxAcVRxxcQC4jiOcClGXlYuROL8ovLWDizcnMy%2FZ0YWFiZOZkhJdCzCAENRSVy9I888x%2FdDEQ1GCxApnOwcIOEWBkBAAh%2FiUn (too lazy to make a link, have forgotten it)
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Oh, can everyone see the bin files in the 'more' tab? Those are the ones I was thinking of, they should work. :)
The doors won't show up until you make them point to another valid door. To do this, select the entity box in the editor, then use the edit tool to change the properties of the door. When you mouse over an entity you can find out its ID, so if you put in the ID of the destination door, it should work fine.
Jos 10 years ago
  .bin files... don't have an idea about them, but thanks for your try. I'm probably not able to find them on my computer and the codes in the links in the "more" tabs doesn't work.

Doors doesn't show up on my computer. I work with windows 8 (chrome) if that helps.
geckojsc 10 years ago
  As of yet there's only 1 finished level, made by Treazer. If you know where the .bin files for the levels are located, you can get the level codes in notepad and then play them on the beta page.
To win a level, you just have to reach the win field (the white swirling thing). The big and small eggs are the scoring system, you can hide them throughout the level.
Jos 10 years ago
  A new game! That's nice. Haven't discovered the goal of the game yet, but jumping around with a little strange man in the editor is already a start.

Btw: is there a possibility to complete the levels that already exists? (maybe you can post the codes...?)
Treazer 10 years ago
  Yeah that's very useful!
I would've needed it in my level earlier, but I found another way to fix it, which won't help for every level though.
So this would be pretty good :)
geckojsc 10 years ago
  When you trigger a crate or other entity, should it reset to its original position? This could be useful for resetting puzzles which would otherwise become unbeatable when you push a crate in the wrong place.
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Okay, you can now reset with R if you get stuck. You will return to the last door or checkpoint. :)

Also fixed a bug where dying would cause a black screen forever if you had not touched a checkpoint.
Treazer 10 years ago
  Yes, gecko is right, otherwise you wouldn't be able to collect the big egg in my level :)

PS: 100th comment! :D
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Yep, this is an intentional mechanism to prevent objects from getting stuck inside blockers. Treazer uses it in his first level. :)
gundu 10 years ago
  Seriously needs a suicide button.

Plus, I found a glitch where you can pass through a blocker if you push a box on it before it pops off the ground. Then simply push the box and you are on the other side.
Treazer 10 years ago
  xThere's no play button on the beta page...

And I won't explain you how to play your levels, because reading would also help!
Spoony 10 years ago
  Where's the play button?
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Oh sorry, I've fixed the standalone editor! I just forgot to initialise it to an empty level :)
Treazer 10 years ago
  I'm sure he meant the beta page on dropbox ;)
gundu 10 years ago
  ...And since you're not a tester you can't play the game while it's still in test phase
Treazer 10 years ago
  Oh yeah, it doesn't work, because something is wrong with the editor.
Spoony 10 years ago
  I wanna play obscutiy so i clicked on the link :D
But the game didn't work for me D:
Treazer 10 years ago
  Great to hear from you again, jp! And you're true :)

There are still some features which are planned to be added to the game in a future update. (more enemies, a stealth powerup to hide from turrets or homing enemies, counters which let you make an AND-Gate (you can already make OR and XOR-Gates) etc)

Geckojsc is currently fixing some bugs, because he was implementing preserving (to preserve some entities, so they won't get resetted after changing the room) which cause a few bugs.
jp 10 years ago
  Wow, it's progressing again, it looks and plays good. And there are so many elements in this level editor too! Can't wait to play it.
AK 10 years ago
  It's on bonuslevel! :DDDD

Can't wait until it's finished :D
alanliu12121 10 years ago
  Hmm... it works now 0_o I wonder why
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Could you send me a level code where it's broken? I'll check it out. :)
  Yes, I know, but it doesn't do that for me.
Treazer 10 years ago
  The checkpoint is not bugged. You have to collect it like a powerup and a little white square will appear on the podest thing. When you die, you turn into the white square and you fly back to the checkpoint automatically.
  The checkpoint is kinda bugged, it doesn't respawn me
Treazer 10 years ago
  Boooooooooyaaaaaaaaaaah!
geckojsc 10 years ago
  Test phase a-go!

Games forum

Play Game "Obscurity"

First post of the topic

geckojsc 10 years ago
  Latest news:

Hi guys, I'll hopefully be starting the test phase some time this week.

If you're not a tester, you can still check the game out and share your small levels using the public beta page (if the links become too big, they won't work).

obscurity.html

If you have any cool story ideas or level concepts, that require a certain feature to be implemented, let me know and I'll consider adding it.

There's now a topic for feature requests
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg