Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Moonlights iPhone Editor"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

social_parasite 14 years ago
  Lol I've never even played the flash version. I LURVE the iPhone version though. It's the only game on my home screen

oh, and make that 716/718 =oP
gamelover101 14 years ago
  Aww, I wish that could be a feature for the Flash version of Moonlights
  Earth and Neptune are the two (currently available) playable environments in the iPhone version of moonlights. Moondance and I are currently battling for supremacy over earth.

Hey dance, jp said you're having the same leaderboard problem I'm having. Out of curiosity, what is your true score? Mine is 719 but the board shows 722.
gamelover101 14 years ago
  What are Earth and Neptune?
moondance 14 years ago
  Sorry S_P, I had an easy point up my sleeve and couldn't help myself. Good job, though!
Im 14 years ago
  I soooo want this game! xD
  you can HAVE Neptune lol! that place gives me a headache.

honestly, I'm having trouble finding ways to shave those last 4 points. I'm comin, though!
jp 14 years ago
  Welcome on bonuslevel moondance :)
moondance 14 years ago
  Just got my last Earthly achievement so I'm packing my bags and moving back to Neptune. Watch out, Social_Parasite, I might come back for a visit when you aren't watching! Good job giving me some competition.
  moondance, you are driving me crazy!!!
  word. thanks dude!
jp 14 years ago
  @social_parasite : yes it happens when you play offline. The game checks from time to time if you are connected and try to send the score again. So it should update after a while.
Moondance also wrote to me about the same problem :)
  love this game. kudos, jp, for a job well done. *golf clap*

one concern: point count discrepancies. the leader board doesn't always show the same number as my iPhone =o/

btw, who is moondance? I'm 51 points behind him, and closing that gap slowly but surely.
jp 14 years ago
  Yes but it's diffilcult because here can be nodes everywhere, and how can the engine know which nodes o follow ?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  You should be able to se the camera to follow a specific node, or hve paths that are able to move the camera. Just a suggestion.
jp 14 years ago
  @brunosmusic, this is not possible, there are cheat codes to do so, but they remove ALL user generated levels.
By the way, thx for your levels but so far, they are too messy. You don't test enough on the device. If you need help with the editor (which is not so easy to use I admit), post your questions here.
brunosmusic 14 years ago
  JP how do I delete a level which I have already downloaded to my iphone???
jp 14 years ago
  The editor is now updated, you can build any kind of starting structure and it will play the iPhone.
Syntr 14 years ago
  I beat it :D
jp 14 years ago
  The sentinels level has been modified. It's a little bit easier now so you should be able to beat it.
Syntr 14 years ago
  Yay I love the new update
now I can skip that "sentinels" level I could never beat :@
jp 14 years ago
  Yes, I agree there is a lack of instructions. For the scroll zone I think I should make an automatic zone when it's not set, that would save a lot of remarks.
The PATH have always been for advanced users. I don't think I will manage to make it easy to use and understand, but I could try.
Asforien 14 years ago
  I think they need more instructions. Mainly to explain PATHS and how the SCROLLING ZONE works (what it does in the game). Also the node symbol is smaller than in the actual game, that's why some levels have nodes that get destroyed right at the start.
jp 14 years ago
  OK, since the v1.1 is released, we had 4 levels submitted but they are all very bad :). Test your levels on your device, and name it "undone" if it's not finished.
jp 14 years ago
  In average it's 15 days to get first feedback. If you get rejected, it's 15 days more, and so on...
40 people full time evaluating the apps, and 2 people must review the app before it's approved!

@Oxidee, yes that would be nice, but music is very heavy to embed (size), and I have to pay the author for each music embedded.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  I love the look of the new screens!
How long does it normally take for apple to accept apps?
Oxideee 14 years ago
  jp, I think it would be cool if we could have a jukebox of music to play or something like that. If there was i would definitely want twilight techno by dimrain47 in there
jp 14 years ago
  The update (v1.1) has been submitted to Apple thx to all testers. And a special thanks to Asforien for such great level designs.

Here is gallery of new screens made by Sword-Guy.
MooKings 14 years ago
  Finally got ML on the iphone....great game btw
jp 14 years ago
  @Sword-Guy, yes that's would be nice. But it's a pretty imprtant effort to make this and I'm not sure it would add lot of new levels.

Games forum

Play Game "Moonlights iPhone Editor"

First post of the topic

jp 14 years ago
  Here is the level editor for the iPhone / iPod touch game Moonlights.
You can see it's very similar to the Editor of the Flash version of Moonlights, except that you need an iPhone or iPod touch to test your levels.

News :
2009/07/27 : Beta test. The online edtor is public, but the corresponding iPhone update is not yet submitted. You have to send your UDID is you wish I send you back a compatible iPhone version of the game (contact).

[edit] Sorry I had to remove the first posts to keep this one the first post. Of course it's not on front page because the core of bonuslevel.org is Flash games, not iPhone games.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg