Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Moonlights iPhone Editor"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

jp 13 years ago
  Oh thx I will have to look at this!
Apollo_11 13 years ago
  Has anyone noticed that ranking in Apple's Game Center is opposite as intended? The higher score is ranked higher in achivement, where it should be the opposite.

BTW, thanks JP for getting the new version out. I haven't had much chance to play, but it's been fun so far.
moondance 13 years ago
  Just got swing jump and skies of mars. I wonder if I'd do better with failed gravity in 1x mode rather than 2x? I can't seem to get it to be responsive enough, quick enough - but it could just be I'm not doing it right. Your hint about weak support helped me on skies of mars. Thx!
allyally 13 years ago
  Failed gravity is just a matter of being quick, for Swing jump cavern, play this first: Perfect Landing (Moonlights)
moondance 13 years ago
  Now that I reread your notes, below, I need to figure out how to control the meteors. I'm getting it sometimes, but I don't have it figured it out in a consistent way. I'm stuck on Planet hopping, skies of mars, swing jump cavern and failed gravity.
AK 13 years ago
  So if I create a level here, it won't be able to be accepted because you are working on mars?
allyally 13 years ago
  Im sure JP, would allow you to, but the software download was only available for 24 hours, and that was a while ago! You might be lucky though, we'll see, there could be another way to download it,
moondance 13 years ago
  jp. I am devastated! I wasn't paying attention and I didn't see your call for beta testers. Can I test it? Please? I know you are almost done but I can really dig into it, as you know. Don't know how to program but I have lots of testing experience. Please?
allyally 13 years ago
  Cool! Look forward to it,
jp 13 years ago
  The update might be longer as expected as now that I have an iPhone 4 I would like to add HD graphics.
allyally 13 years ago
  Sorry if I haven't been making level for a few days, Ive been at my dad's and He doesn't have Wi-fi, (no wifi=no new levels on IPhone), So ill start making again tomorrow,
jp 13 years ago
  Will check it again.
allyally 13 years ago
  Really? I thought it was quite easy... (probably just me)
jp 13 years ago
  OK OK this will be the last one :) .
allyally 13 years ago
  It is possible, there's a certain strategy I use to complete it, where you make the more separated out,
EG, if theres 5 nodes between the holes that make up the rope, Thin it out the 3, this means fewer meteors will actually hit it,
Wait, Ill get a picture,

Thats how I did it, See how the gaps between the nodes that holding the tower and the nodes in the Grav-hole?
jp 13 years ago
  @allyally, Is "weak supports" possible ? Every single meteor that touches a node will kill the structure for me.
allyally 13 years ago
  Jp, I found it!
jp 13 years ago
  I've found that when building solid structures, you can resist to the meteors.
:) meteors can be controlled in a way, and I'm pretty sure the hardcore players will find it.

With all the levels waiting to be evaluated, this is already 32 mars levels. I guess it could be enough (neptune is 37 levels). Thx guys.
Elizea 13 years ago
  So far what I've seen, the meteors have added a totally unique luck-based feeling to every single level with them and black holes (as when they fall on nodes in black holes, the nodes fall off).

I don't know if this is intended, but it makes me hope each time I play levels "I hope I have luck with the meteors falls".
Hexicube 13 years ago
  meh, you gotta try to learn :D
jp 13 years ago
  Yes one day for sure, that would not be so difficult.
The button tooltip is corrected in the editor now.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  wait, black holes? OMG
put on flash ;D
jp 13 years ago
  Meteors are just part of the world mars, like the wind was part of neptune. You can deactivate the meteors, or make them appear after a delay. As far as I'm concerned, I like them, but I understand your point.
@allyally, th I will corret the editor.

[edit] great 5 more levels to test!
allyally 13 years ago
  I disagree, I think the meteors add A good element to the levels,
Elizea 13 years ago
  The "black holes" are cool, but the meteors feel somehow out-of-place in pretty much any level.

Can you add the black holes to the flash version too =]?
...and stars!
allyally 13 years ago
  jp, the Gravity holes on the level editor are still Labelled 'Starting structure',

jp 13 years ago
  Great 21 levels now.
allyally 13 years ago
  Way ahead of you! and i've got a load of ideas...
jp 13 years ago
  Thx, please upload some levels, I run out of ideas :)
allyally 13 years ago
  OMG! THE NEW WORLD IS SO COOL! Great work JP!

Games forum

Play Game "Moonlights iPhone Editor"

First post of the topic

jp 14 years ago
  Here is the level editor for the iPhone / iPod touch game Moonlights.
You can see it's very similar to the Editor of the Flash version of Moonlights, except that you need an iPhone or iPod touch to test your levels.

News :
2009/07/27 : Beta test. The online edtor is public, but the corresponding iPhone update is not yet submitted. You have to send your UDID is you wish I send you back a compatible iPhone version of the game (contact).

[edit] Sorry I had to remove the first posts to keep this one the first post. Of course it's not on front page because the core of bonuslevel.org is Flash games, not iPhone games.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg