Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Neon Defence"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Ahroo 13 years ago
  A steady 35 fps! :D

EDIT: lol this is actually pretty fun :_

EDIT 2: FPS starts to decline around 13-14 towers. :/
EDIT 3: but springs back up as the creeps take up less and less of the screen.
gamelover101 13 years ago
  Response: Not laggy at all! :)

Carbon Copy : Hexicube
Hexicube 13 years ago
  another lag test :D

Carbon Copy : gamelover101 Shiro allyally demonicyoshi gundu Ahroo Elizea
Hexicube 13 years ago
  Ahroo the creeps are purposefully overpowered for this test...
gamelover101 if its playable with this sort of stress then thats good, this is guessing about how much at most I expect to be going on at once...
  OK, so it's a little laggy. But, it isn't that bad; the game is still playable. :/

But Ahroo is right, the enemies are too strong.

Carbon Copy : Hexicube
chris3000 13 years ago
  @Ahroo: I've also played Bloons TD, but it always lagged on my laptop for some reason. IMO Bloons TD and Neon Defence are similar.
Ahroo 13 years ago
  The lag... is almost unbearable over here X_x

I've never had a TD lag this much, except for the Bloons TD that I placed 400 towers in... xD

The only things I can really complain about is that the towers are underpowered (or the enemies are too overpowered) and the towers are too big... :/
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  Alot better. it is at 20 fps with max towers and enemies.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  improved it a bit...downgraded beams ;)
AK 13 years ago
  HOLY ***** THAT GAME IS HARD!!!!

But it looks great!!!

Even though half of the turrets don't move...
Elizea 13 years ago
  It started at 35 FPS.

After the screen was full of enemies and 19 towers, FPS was 19.

Some stuff going on in background tho.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  right...I did have an entire core spare for it ;)
  it starts at 37 now, then drops to 30 after 6 towers. It probally was extra lagy for me before cuz i had several things running at once.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  ...did you actually add towers? :P
allyally 13 years ago
  Mines fine...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  alright in that case I need to reduce the lag or drop anything causing a lot of it...
  Yah theres definaley a lag problem, it starts at 30 fps, but if i build more then 5 towers, it drops to 20fps. If i fill the entire map with towers, it then goes to 10 or below.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  *ahem* I require my testers to examine the lag I have...this is basically the most active I would expect the game to deal with, usually it would probably be far less creeps(20 max) and not so many towers...
(right now I get about 20 fps)

Carbon Copy : gamelover101 Shiro allyally demonicyoshi gundu Ahroo Elizea
Hexicube 13 years ago
  actually the amount of waypoints isnt the problem, its having large open areas...just dont have any large areas that creeps could use, the pathfinder will lag...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  implemented waypoints...does not support clumping though...
you may end up with lag at the start of a level if a large sequence of waypoints gets used, it has to work out as many paths as waypoints used plus one.
so a path using 3 waypoints would use 4 paths, using no waypoints just uses one path.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  yeah, and also more flexible...if I changed the level slightly to allow a shorter route between G and B it would spot that :P
allyally 13 years ago
  good idea... or you could do it something like in JPs games, with nodes, but i suppose your method is simpler,
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I had an idea:
waypoint tiles. these can trigger an event in-game when a creep moves over them, and also the pathfinding system must create a path that uses every waypoint on the map. optionally you can assign letters to the waypoints and also specify an order for the pathfinder to use, if waypoints are not included in the order then they are ignored in the pathfinding process.

lets assume that red, green, and blue are labelled R, G, and B respectively
if I did not specify an order for the pathfinder, it would go in the order RGB as that makes the shortest path, however if I were to specify a path of 'G,B,R' it would have to create a path that goes through those waypoints in that order...but, if I said to use path 'R,B' it would ignore G when deciding what path it should use, and just use R and B.
I may also allow excluding waypoints, or clumping like this: 'B,RG'
that would make the pathfinder work out which path was shortest, but force it to use B before R and G
specifying a path of 'RB' would make it use R and B(in any order, no commas) but it would ignore G.
[edit] you could also use a path of 'R,B,G,B' to make it use a waypoint more than once. also, remember that if this gets used, clumps of waypoints will take significantly longer to analyze...it will have to analyze every possible way of using those waypoints to find the shortest, so for that reason levels will require validation in the editor before-hand using a validate button.
  OK, OK, just asking... :)
Hexicube 13 years ago
  no, just be patient as ive been pre-occupied...
  Got anything new, MARC? :)
  Done except one of them, which I think should be unevaluated for now.
  Gamelover you are an admin, it is your job to reject them. Or accept them, but seeing as theres no levels in game yet...
  Wait, there are 3 to be evaluated packs by Magic_X and Daft_Punk?

Should I do something about it???

@MARC And when you finish, PLEASE don't make locked tiles like P4M. ':_
  Uh, I think you should make it so you can see the space needed to build a tower.

@AK I doubt the engine is complete yet. When it is, you can probalby die.

And seriously: Dang it MARC, you had better not be abandoning Star Towers!!!!

All I can say is: LOL. ':_

@MARC When will testing be ready?

@DY Yeh, moar enemies PL0X! :p

Games forum

Play Game "Neon Defence"

First post of the topic

Hexicube 14 years ago
  Game is being completely remade, as of late February 2011
Latest version of game
currently has waypoint support, press enter to toggle path visibility and click to place towers!
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg