Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Astro Breaker"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Treazer 10 years ago
  Erm... the background is and was transparent all the time.
manufan 10 years ago
  Thanks Treazer! When you have time, if it isn't already, please could you make the background of the image transparent. :)
Treazer 10 years ago
  OK, I'm done. Check my dropbox folder in bl_shared. (the file is located in bl_shared/Treazer/window.png)
manufan 10 years ago
  Yes Please for both. :)
Treazer 10 years ago
  Only the window? And what dimensions? 128x128?
manufan 10 years ago
  Could you possibly create some form of rocket window graphic, with bolts and everything please? Thanks. :)
Treazer 10 years ago
  Yeah, why not. :)
manufan 10 years ago
  Thanks for the suggestion. I was also thinking that as well as the x axis, the paddle could have the option to move on the y axis. :)

Treazer, would you be willing to do some art for me at this time? (just graphic)
Treazer 10 years ago
  Oh okay. But unfortunately I'm bad as animations. I'm OK with graphics, but a comet ._.

Anyway, a suggetsion:

It would be cool if you could allow from which side(s) the player can play with the paddle. (set in the editor left, right, up and down and it can also be several sides.)
manufan 10 years ago
  Well I don't want to embed flash in flash as that takes up a lot of MB data for the game. Also my graphic quality is poor as you know, except with coded graphics.
Treazer 10 years ago
  Why don't you use flash for your animations?
manufan 10 years ago
  Thanks a lot for your feedback.

If anyone here is good at animation (i.e. animated gifs), can someone please make me a meteor flying through space or a comet please?
SimonM 10 years ago
  A good thing is also to have not too many stuff, but stuff that can be combined to get a lot of things.
manufan 10 years ago
  That's the point, it's only a small step, and don't forget, my goal is in a year's time.

Btw, thanks for the ideas. :)
Treazer 10 years ago
  I see almost no change to the current game. And a normal breakout like it is atm, won't allow tons of levels. Not even many.

A breakout for Bonuslevel should imo have paths, switches, tons of different block types and shapes etc.
manufan 10 years ago
  I'm going to contribute a lot more to the re-make of this game over the summer, and I hope I can finish it in a year at least. Expect the release date to be in August 2014, but don't get your hopes up as this has not been confirmed as a goal.

All Levels will be deleted when the new game is able to go on this page (not compatible with the BL API so far), sorry for any upset this causes. Meanwhile, have some fun while the old game is still around here, the new one on Dropbox. Locally save levels if you want, but DON'T upload them - they will just be deleted.

*Note: Locally saved levels may crash after new game is released.

New Game
manufan 11 years ago
  Well said GIS. :)
gameinsky 11 years ago
  This game is clearly not done.
The graphics are vastly improved, but the whole game is borked up.
psychomaster 11 years ago
  Fawk, I can't even play. I hope you will finish the game soon. :)
manufan 11 years ago
  @Psycho: It won't work as it is hooked up to the BL API now, so you can no longer play the stand-alone old version.

@SM: Yes I've considered those too, I'll write the ideas all down when I'm ready for them.
SuperMario 11 years ago
  Nice ideas manu, but what about a block that you have to hit it twice or more than twice? It's just a suggestion.
  You need to fix the swf, as it doesn't load.
manufan 11 years ago
  They're very good suggestions that I will incorporate or consider incorporating in the re-make.

- Metal Block (I'd call it a static block)
- Definitely the score suggestion (or we could use number of lives)
- Railball cancelation will be considered (Either lasts a certain length of time or when you bounce off the paddle x number of times)
kiethy342 11 years ago
  If your carrying on with this, could I make a couple of suggestions?

Perhaps a metal block which the ball bounces off from might be good.
Also, to add some more variety in the scores, maybe every time the ball bounces off the paddle, you lose a point. Otherwise, all the scores will end up the same.
The last thing is that it might add more challenge if the railball only lasts one bounce. Levels will be a bit too easy if you can just go through all the blocks in the level.
manufan 11 years ago
  Jake why did you call for me? :)

@Neo: Please don't use the dochl class here :) You will be considered a tester when the game is due for testing. (Not right now!) :)
  WOOT! Thx, manu!
manufan 11 years ago
  As we all know Puzzle It was released during Easter holiday (or vacation). To celebrate its release, I'm going to get this up and running again when I have more time! :D
  Neo: The game isn't released for me..

This seems like a great game, I'm itching for a proper (version that allows me to play) update. Also, I have subscribed to the newsletter. Good luck on this game, Manufan.
manufan 11 years ago
  @chris: Thanks! :)
chris3000 11 years ago
  @Manu: Good luck with finishing the game, :)

Games forum

Play Game "Astro Breaker"

First post of the topic

manufan 12 years ago
  Remake in Progress

Quoting manufan from Game "Astro Breaker"
Hey everyone. (Long time no see... about 18 months)

Posting here to answer a few questions so that it's clear where this game is going, and so no question remains unanswered thanks to my inactivity (that's the aim anyway).

Why were you inactive?

SPOILER

Are you back?

SPOILER

So, Astro Breaker is just a dead game?

SPOILER

Hope I've managed to clear everything up. Was great to come on here and see the progress that's been made, especially with the release of Simon's new game (Congrats). Best wishes to all. :)

Quoting manufan from Game "Astro Breaker"
Link to current project

Features
SPOILER

Any suggestions would be welcome in a PM. Any updates and I will update the link and notify you.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg