Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Astro Breaker"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Treazer 8 years ago
  If you mean the capped number of bricks for the maximum combo, I'd say 10, because you can get this if you 'position' the ball well in some levels. You could then even get more than 10.

If you mean the capped number of the multiplier for the maximum combo, I'd say 5, because multiplying with 10 is too much, I think.
manufan 8 years ago
  That's a good idea, and isn't too hard to change, in fact it's easy. However, I want to stick at 1-5 bricks as it can be a lot harder for other players.

So combos capped at 5 or 10?
gameinsky 8 years ago
  I personally think the HP system would be the best. The more bricks you hit in one go, the higher the multiplier goes. For example:
1 brick = *1
3 Bricks = *2
6 bricks = *3
10 bricks = *4
15 bricks = *5
manufan 8 years ago
  AK, and also GIS, since you both have much more experience on the site more than I have, as well as with Brickbreaker games, do you reckon Combos should be capped at 10, as scores could get a little bit too silly.

Or capped at 5, maybe...
AK 8 years ago
  I can't wait until this game is done! Brick breakers has been one of my favorite game genres besides platformers. I have tons of ideas for levels and items!
manufan 8 years ago
  Developments

- Main Game Engine Working (Physics need polishing)
- New Multi-Hit Brick Added (Hit 'x' times to destroy)
- Combos added to allow for competition.

Next Updates

- Railball / Acid Bricks (Easy, shouldn't take too long)
- Bomb Bricks (Medium, shouldn't trouble me too badly)
- Got a suggestion? Post here
manufan 8 years ago
  To everyone playing this game:

There is no reason why you cannot play or create new levels for this game. Play the game as if it were on BL fully, and enjoy the levels! Have fun, I'm looking forward to any new content you can come up with before the newer version of the game is released.

Admins:

Manufan
Dynamo
Coolguy52
manufan 8 years ago
  @Simon: Yes that's the one, Gecko and I were discussing on chat.

The game is almost ready for its first test on dropbox, which I'll link in the first post (different game).
SimonM 8 years ago
  TyperError 1009 is when you acces a property or method of a null object.
manufan 8 years ago
  Early stages of the standalone game complete, just to let you guys know. Soon it will be available on Dropbox to test a default level, and the game engine.
manufan 8 years ago
  @Gecko: You don't happen to have any experience with TypeError: #1009 do you?
SuperMario 8 years ago
  Hey manu! It's nice to see you back and progressing with your game.
gameinsky 8 years ago
  I might consider help you design some bricks if you want, once the game shows merit.
Treazer 8 years ago
  Well, that's great. :) I'm looking forward to it! :D
manufan 8 years ago
  Unless I need to transfer files from my laptop...
manufan 8 years ago
  Tbh, provided everything runs smoothly, the raw game engine could be finished, without bugs, within a couple of days. Ofc, raw means only 1 colour brick, and no other features, just a game which can interpret Binary level data.
Treazer 8 years ago
  Thank you, but first, start building the basics of the game. :) Good luck! :D
manufan 8 years ago
  Thanks for that Treazer. For now, I shall make the new game available on Dropbox. You can be a trusted member on this game based on your level creation and contributions - tester is too little IMO. :)
Treazer 8 years ago
  That's great to hear! For making a BL suitable brick-breaking game, I suggest adding features like fully customizable bricks (regarding shape and size (and color for art levels)), many different and also customizable power-ups, different screen sizes etc.
I'd provide as much as customizability options as possible.
manufan 8 years ago
  Thanks guys! Right now, I'll start re-building a new game engine from the ground up. Level creation will be the same as before with the text editor on here until I make a proper Editor. :)
Treazer 8 years ago
  I agree with the others here. Welcome back and good luck! :D
geckojsc 8 years ago
  wb manufan! I started hanging around in the chat again so if you have any AS3 questions feel free to come and ask!
Good luck :)
CamoDragoon 8 years ago
  Yeah, what DY and GIS said. I'd be available as a tester if you need one.
demonicyoshi 8 years ago
  well you can always use us to make the levels, and then once there's enough officials, post it onto a larger game hosting site like Kongregate, newgrounds, or armourgames.
gameinsky 8 years ago
  Well, there's not that much left of BL, but most of what is left are still good level creators so most likely BL would probably be a good first source of level designers either way.
manufan 8 years ago
  After another year's experience of Maths & Programming, I am willing to try yet again.

During this short period I will be assessing whether the game will be BL worthy or not, and this will depend on whether I feel the community will be able to get enough out of the Level Editor and Features I can propose to you, amongst other user suggestions.

Also, if you really want to test the old, AS2 version of the game, please PM me, rather than spam here.

Finally, I have decided that for now, BL probably isn't what it used to be for me. I don't currently have the drive to create more content for others that I used to have. Ofc, making the game for BL could well change that.

Thanks for your understanding.
Coolguy52 9 years ago
  yep thats my account

Btw manufan says he is considering another stint in this ongoing project as he has expanded his programming knowledge. Don't get too excited, and don't ask to test the game.
CubixIII 10 years ago
  @Coolguy52 Conor8888, this is your account name?
I recognised this because in the no e topic you posted your name was Conor.
Coolguy52 10 years ago
  @Cubix I haven't published anything but I have commented on my brother's Maths and Memory!
CubixIII 10 years ago
  Oh dang! You made another version? sweet!!!

1 minute later... dang... I missed the pixelly version...

My Scratch account is here.

Games forum

Play Game "Astro Breaker"

First post of the topic

manufan 12 years ago
  Remake in Progress

Quoting manufan from Game "Astro Breaker"
Hey everyone. (Long time no see... about 18 months)

Posting here to answer a few questions so that it's clear where this game is going, and so no question remains unanswered thanks to my inactivity (that's the aim anyway).

Why were you inactive?

SPOILER

Are you back?

SPOILER

So, Astro Breaker is just a dead game?

SPOILER

Hope I've managed to clear everything up. Was great to come on here and see the progress that's been made, especially with the release of Simon's new game (Congrats). Best wishes to all. :)

Quoting manufan from Game "Astro Breaker"
Link to current project

Features
SPOILER

Any suggestions would be welcome in a PM. Any updates and I will update the link and notify you.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg