Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Astro Breaker"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

manufan 10 years ago
  When I say 'from time to time', I mean that I will be inactive on BL quite a lot, much more than I have been. Therefore you are probably right in saying this game will take a few years to develop. This is because I did not understand the process in how to develop a game before I made this. (You are supposed to already have a game).

@GIS: Sorry for the spelling, I have fixed it.
CubixIII 10 years ago
  @Coolguy Can I follow you on Scratch? What's your Scratch name?
Coolguy52 10 years ago
  @gameinsky Yes, it is, how very strange
gameinsky 10 years ago
  I tried the capital quiz.

Ottawa is spelled like this.
Coolguy52 10 years ago
  @CubixIII Yep, I have one too!
CubixIII 10 years ago
  @Coolguy52 He has a scratch account? Woot, so do I! :)

@manufan Okay, I understand. What do you exactly mean by "from time to time"? Will it take a few years to make?
manufan 10 years ago
  Hello everyone. I have come back to BL after a period of time in which this site has flourished more than ever. Cubix, it gives me no pleasure in saying that this game will not be BL compatible for some time, but unfortunately that is the case. From time to time, I will develop this game off BL, and I will send you links with update information. In the next few months, I plan to create an online portfolio in which the game will feature.

Until then, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

- Manufan
Coolguy52 10 years ago
  Important Information

Astro-Breaker is not currently being worked on by my brother (Manufan). This is due to many factors which cannot be explained at this time. In the near future, I will update this game's description to help deter members from thinking that the game is current. We are sorry for any inconvience caused.

Okay, that's annoyed me...

If it is any consolation, you may want to see other games developed by Manufan. If so, check out JonJonGames on Scratch

(This was not intended to be an advert)

Thank you
gameinsky 10 years ago
  A brick that kills the ball instantly is usually a really bad idea in breakout games.
Dynamo 10 years ago
  Making a comeback after 3 years, what have I missed? :D

Hope you don't mind manufan, but I reset all the levels that had scores which were unobtainable. :)
manufan 10 years ago
  @Azz: That's not actually a bad idea - Pentagons are too extreme, but squares and circles aren't.

Also, I've decided to go for squares instead of rectangles for the bricks. :)
azz 10 years ago
  No, let them have squares, rectangles, circles; Hell, even pentagons if they want.
manufan 10 years ago
  Been busy recently but still thinking of new ideas for this game. I have an idea: should bricks be square (more variety & helps with other ideas such as turrets and wormholes).
manufan 10 years ago
  New Update:

- Added Pause Option (Currently the "P" Key)
- Added Some Fade Effects (Pause Text)
> Sorry it's Borderless :(

SWF File
SimonM 10 years ago
  You could for example have 5 different red values, 5 different green values and 5 different blue values, this would give 125 colours. And the colour could be internally saved as 3 ints.

red: 0, 64, 128, 192, 255
green: 0, 64, 128, 192, 255
blue: 0, 64, 128, 192, 255

You could also choose 3 or 4 instead 5 different values. This would give 27 or 64 different colours.
manufan 10 years ago
  I just realized that I can't have many colours without implementing them all as separate ID's. I think I should only have about 10-16 colours anyway.

@Treazer, I don't think I can do any of the below, but I could have wormholes which teleport the ball to a random co-ordinate.
Treazer 10 years ago
  To have a brick breaker for Bonuslevel, I suggest having customizable shapes, colors, sizes and stuff.
manufan 10 years ago
  @Azz: This game will no longer be being updated. Instead, the newer game, on Dropbox, will be the game I will be updating as it is AS3. However, thanks for your comments and I will put these all into consideration.

@Simon: I have made a todo list, but I need some feedback now as to how many "Basic" blocks I should have. (Blocks of colour).

TO ALL:

How many colour blocks should I have (Basic Ones)?

Or, I could try to make the block colour selectable with a colour-grid (code will need to be re-vamped).

-----

Also, should the blocks be square, or rectangular?
SimonM 10 years ago
  Instead of keep doing it over and over again, you should start bringing it into reality. Instead of posting messages that updates will come, make an update. Only work on the game, no other distractions, for a day. Make proper todo lists. Otherwise you'll be in the curse a lot of game makers copying with, the unfinished project. I hope you can fight your way through and finish this game.
azz 10 years ago
  Ooh, I'm still a tester. I'll check it out again.
Edit:
Here are a few suggestions for improvements:
First of all, make a good level editor without us having to enter in some code. I'm thinking of a selection of blocks that you can go through by clicking arrows. Maybe add a little more customisation to the blocks too. You could increase or decrease the size of them. You also need better graphics, the graphics that you have at the moment are alright, but they're not the best. Those are just my thoughts.
Treazer 10 years ago
  Gis, it's still the same than months before? o.o
manufan 10 years ago
  Right, okay. Seeing as this version will not be being worked on anymore, I will take that bug into account in the other game.
gameinsky 10 years ago
  This game does look a lot better now, I have to say.
There's this annoying bug that you have to finish a level to be able to play another one.
manufan 10 years ago
  Hi Everyone.

For those of you who are itching to play the game, you may be allowed tester access for upto 24 hours within the next week. Since this game is old, you could try creating levels and completing all the officials.

Please note that your levels created will not be official unless they are exceptionally good. The Editor uses text, so be sure to check out the "Help" section.

In the meantime, the actual game will be being worked on during these next few weeks, so stay tuned.

Carbon Copy : Dynamo Coolguy52 Treazer
Treazer 10 years ago
  I don't believe that, but well, yeah, try if you want.
manufan 10 years ago
  Maybe guys!

Hi I'm back after some more time away from BL. It's the year where I start my IGCSEs so I will not be as available. However, I vow to develop this game further and to spend more time on BL.
Treazer 10 years ago
  Probably never, or maybe in about 5 years.
bbdest 10 years ago
  So any idea when if at all this is going to be released? I really like games like this.
manufan 10 years ago
  Game Updated Again

Windows courtesy of Treazer, aliens and animation in the windows is my additions to his amazing graphic work! Thanks! :)

Changes & Fixes
* Fixed Hanging Event (programming term)
* Fixed Windows & Aliens not appearing after first go
- Added Windows & Alien Animation based on Mouse position

Key
* = Bug Fix
- = Addition / New Feature
manufan 10 years ago
  Okay, cheers :)

Games forum

Play Game "Astro Breaker"

First post of the topic

manufan 12 years ago
  Remake in Progress

Quoting manufan from Game "Astro Breaker"
Hey everyone. (Long time no see... about 18 months)

Posting here to answer a few questions so that it's clear where this game is going, and so no question remains unanswered thanks to my inactivity (that's the aim anyway).

Why were you inactive?

SPOILER

Are you back?

SPOILER

So, Astro Breaker is just a dead game?

SPOILER

Hope I've managed to clear everything up. Was great to come on here and see the progress that's been made, especially with the release of Simon's new game (Congrats). Best wishes to all. :)

Quoting manufan from Game "Astro Breaker"
Link to current project

Features
SPOILER

Any suggestions would be welcome in a PM. Any updates and I will update the link and notify you.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg