Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Site updates

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  I still don't understand but it looks cool
gameinsky 15 years ago
  rating power is like
if someone rate 5 (rating power 1)
then someone rate 1 (rating power 20)
it wil not be 3/5 but less
understand ?
like (random)2.36123/5
Gogos 15 years ago
  What is rating power? and why have i rating power 7?
SPOILER
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  What is rating power?
gameinsky 15 years ago
  yay we can see our rating power!
jp 15 years ago
  Small site update :

New members (lregsitered less tahn 1 month ago) can only upload 1 level a day. Adimns are overloaded so I hope this will help.

[edit] Also I added a few infos on the profile page :
- rating power
- limitations (only shown to hte admins and the member).
- a note on the level list that only shows unaccepted levels to the admins and the member.
jp 15 years ago
  Site update.

Game authors, and adminsitrators can carbon copy their messages to the testers and adminsitrators. This will send a copy of the message to the members inbox.

TO BE USED WITH CAUTION. (sending too many PM will make the members not responding anymore to the too many requests).
jp 15 years ago
  Site update :
- Added the nb of completed levels in the profile page (wait 1 day for cache refresh).
- Game interface v0.23
-- Not showing the START button until the game is loaded.
-- The background is darkken when the information popup is shown.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Thanks!
jp 15 years ago
  I had read your sugestion but did take the time to replay. After reading your post I added the "Who's online" feature in my todolist. About the score header, it's javascript, ie it uses the font of the end user computer. I could make a super neat Flash appli to dislpay the scoer, that would be great but I don't have time for now. I will add it in low priority in the todolist.

@1jase. Yep chat room, but it's difficult to setup and to maintain/moderate. I'm not an expert about chat rooms (and multiplayer games, it's the same server side problematic).
1jase 15 years ago
  I like that and a chat room would be nice
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I would like to hear peoples opinions about this. Does anybody else think this would be good?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  When you get a new score/award above the game, I think you should use a different font. Maybe something pixelly, like an old video game style of writing. Right now I don't think the font blends in very well with the rest of the site, and I think it looks quite unprofessional.

Also, I think it would be good to have a way to check who's online, maybe at the bottom of the main forum page.
Like this
jp 15 years ago
  I modified the level panel on the right side.
1) You can view the score all time or for the latest week.
2) You can view the rating, the number of raters, and the number of time the level was played on the "More" tab.
jp 15 years ago
  I wish so, but for now the creation interface is not available.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Will it be possible for a game developer to make their own awards?
jp 15 years ago
  New update on highscores, now you can view

All time scores
Month scores
Week score
Day scores.

Maybe I will make also scores by categories ("All categories", "Easy", "Hard" etc..)
[edit] Done you can check it on BLockoban
jp 15 years ago
  I've just added the update buttons (update buttons) to allow refreshing the scores (for example) without reloading the page.
You need to clean the cache of your browser to make them work.
Sillius 15 years ago
  aah thanks... I just thought I would get them right away ;D
jp 15 years ago
  New update of the site :

1) When you win a new award or a new score, it's displayed in real time just above the game. Of course this is only for player awards, and not for the designer awards that are necessarily delayed as we need to evaluate the levels first.

2) This one is for game dev. Now, any size of game, and any size of editor is allwoed on BL. I'm really glad of this one as 500x440 was a little bit small for some kind of games.

@sillius The EXP poitns are updated everyday when yuo go on your profile. They are not always updated just after you get teh award. Now you got your 100 points (level 9).
Sillius 15 years ago
  I just got the "master turtle" award, but I don't get the 100 exp bonus :p I looked yesterday and I have the same amount of xp as before I got the award :p

Besides that I (>'-')> LOVE <('.'<) the new update ;D
jp 15 years ago
  2 additions :

1) Added a rank on your profile page.
The rank number is computed like this :
floor(1+($exp_points*0.0001/($exp_points*0.0001+1))*99);
That means your level is between 1 and 99

2) Rating power, your rank is taken into account in the rating power, along with the membership age (when rating levels).

Rating power according the member ship age :
< 3 days : 1
< 30 : 5
< 90 : 10
<300 : 17
> : 20

Then you add the your rank to know your rating power.

Examples :

New member (less than 3 days) with level 1 has a rating power of 1.

A 30 days old member with level 5 has a RP of 15.

A 90 days old member with level 10 has a RP of 27.

That means that the rating of new members will count a lot less than old and high level members.
jp 15 years ago
  Achievements are up and running. Types of achievement for now:
Player, Number of completed official levels for a game
Player, Number of completed levels for a game
Designer, Number of accepted levels (all games)
Designer, Number of official levels (all games)
jp 15 years ago
  A small correction has been patched yesterday.
It's about a javascript error that was appearing 7 times on a popup when closing the game page. That was happening only on ie7.
jp 15 years ago
  The navigation url of the browser is now updated with the current level ( http://www.bonuslevel.org/thegame.html#lvlid_XXX). This is an url you can share if you want to show one of your level (or any level) to your friends.
jp 15 years ago
  A list of "Best levels you didn't score yet" has been added on the front page (searching all the games) and also on each game page (searching only the game levels).
jp 15 years ago
  I will post in this topic to inform when I update the code of the site.

Don't post your suggestions here. Use Suggestions for the site or Suggestions for the forum or BL game ideas or create another topic.

for today, on the user profile page, the list of levels is displayed as follow :
The levels that are not yet accepted are not featured in this list except if :

- You are a game admin.
- You are the user of the profil.

Yesterday, I also added a "ShareThis" link on the game pages and the home page, in order visitors can share the pages with their friends.

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  I will post in this topic to inform when I update the code of the site.

Don't post your suggestions here. Use Suggestions for the site or Suggestions for the forum or BL game ideas or create another topic.

for today, on the user profile page, the list of levels is displayed as follow :
The levels that are not yet accepted are not featured in this list except if :

- You are a game admin.
- You are the user of the profil.

Yesterday, I also added a "ShareThis" link on the game pages and the home page, in order visitors can share the pages with their friends.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg