Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL Game Ideas

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Sillius 15 years ago
  or maybe if you could make a creature solve a puzzle and then a boss fight in each map... Not a big puzzle just like the game seppukities on armorgames ;D
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Well, the creature IS the level in the game I'm thinking of.
Nikobam 15 years ago
  about the spore game thing isnt the meaning of BL that u can make ur own level but u cant do that in that game but u could make ur own creatures but i probably should talk cause i have never tryed Spore
Sillius 15 years ago
  I have another idea: Grow games... I just don't know how it could be possible to make an editor for the game :p
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Ah, yes I've played Launch Pad before. It is a really good game!

And JP, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about.
jp 15 years ago
  @gecko, your game description reminds me of this game ( http://babarageo.com/flash/boss/index.html ). You can design your own spaceship in EDIT mode. And then in GAME mode you have to kill the ships designed by you and others. It's something that BL can handle.

@murtaza64, yes I know about this game which is about 2 year old. It's definitely a great game, based on the "Incredible machine" gameplay. Many many flash games have used this concept and it's also the kind of game that BL can handle.
murtaza64 15 years ago
  maybe a game like launchpad
doomlord 15 years ago
  It would be cool to have two designers, it would be cool to have both arenas and enemies seperate, that you can share, and anytime you want fight any number of any enemies on any arena you want. But you still have the music game first, can't wait for that. And Path 4 Mouse will be good once I can play it.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Well, Spore is really a Marmite game. You love it or hate it. It is good for those who love making stuff, but bad for those who love really involved and complex gameplay. Fortunately most of the people on this site are more towards the creative side.

You would get to control your game creature (the creature that you use in every battle) by arrow or mouse, and the level creature (the creature that you have to fight against) would be controlled by AI.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Your spore-like game sounds to be an interesting use of the api. And yes, I'm quite sure it's capable of this.

Sounds difficult to make for a less experienced programmer, but that's how you learn :) By charging recklessly headfirst into projects you have no idea how to complete. That's how I learn at least...

I do see your main problem in finding ways to make it fun and engaging. Your creatures sound like they would be controlled by some kind of AI, so you'd need to be careful that your game doesn't just end up as players making a creature and then sitting there watching it fight, while that may be entertaining for a while, I'd suggest you aim for a higher level of interactivity.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Right, I have some good ideas for BL games, and I'm writing them down here so I remember them and people can comment on them.

So, there's my Music game that I started, but the progress on that has been paused until I finish Path 4 Mouse.

And also, I have an idea for a creature battling game, a bit like the arena mode in Spore Origins. You get your own creature, and to get parts and stuff for your creature you must beat other creatures and earn points.
Every level is a battle against a different creature.
In the editor you can make creatures as levels, so that others may battle against them.
This game will require lots and lots of knowledge, but I know from looking at the documentation, that the BL API is capable of something like this.

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  Right, I have some good ideas for BL games, and I'm writing them down here so I remember them and people can comment on them.

So, there's my Music game that I started, but the progress on that has been paused until I finish Path 4 Mouse.

And also, I have an idea for a creature battling game, a bit like the arena mode in Spore Origins. You get your own creature, and to get parts and stuff for your creature you must beat other creatures and earn points.
Every level is a battle against a different creature.
In the editor you can make creatures as levels, so that others may battle against them.
This game will require lots and lots of knowledge, but I know from looking at the documentation, that the BL API is capable of something like this.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg