Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL Game Ideas

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Jac1 15 years ago
  I think I'm going to create a platform game where you are a robot and your batteries are running low. Fortunately, the batteries wich activate you and make you walk are alright, but tge batteried that make you jump and charge power are failing. You need to finish the level in less rhan 25 jumps/charges, or else you won't be able to jump/charge anymore. Fortunatly batteries are scattered in your path. Everytime you take one, you gain one jump/charge. To finish the level, you have to get to the generator.

Is this a good idea?

Also, I already created an icon for my game:
Platformerbot
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I think JP won't mind at all if you write lots of constructive and useful comments. He just won't want you to post loads of useless comments.
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  That's the nice one
[Edit]I can't post much because Jp said he will limit my comments if I will post much
Jac1 15 years ago
  Good one ilikerollingturtle!
I bet you got inspired by The Turtle Song (Rolling Turtle)!
  Jac1 this is a good game
I got to level 8
I'm only begginer and i made a music level(Be careful, it may be too loud)
There:
{!1%"15#15$15%15&15'15(15)05+0$,16-16.16/1601611621630650"60970"80990":09;0"z09=0#?0$@1/A1/B1/C1/D1/E1/F1/G0/I0"J0(K1)L0(M1)N0(O1)P0(Q2)S0$T0$U0$V0$W0$X0$Y0$Z0$[0#]0#^0#_0#`0#a0#b0#c0#d0#e0#g0#h0#i0#j0#k0#l0#m0#n0#o0#q0"r0"s0"t0"u1&v0"w0"x0"~-9/52.!-%(%2%~!|"|#|+|}
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I just had the best idea in the world!!!
I could mix the space-ship game and the teleport game together into one game!
jp 15 years ago
  Very nice idea gecko.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  OOH!!!
And, what about a game where you must teleport!
There is a line from your character to the mouse, and if the line touches any non-teleport tiles, you will be unable to teleport...

The objective could be: collect all stars, or kill all enemies.
Jac1 15 years ago
  I've updated my last comment.
I'm such a fool sometimes...
doomlord 15 years ago
  That's a nice idea... if only I could afford flash.

And jac, you don't need the smoke detector or battery to finish it.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Ok, I'm going to jot down another game, inspired by my desktop background, where there are thousands of randomly generated space invaders.

Ok, now that I know how to handle tile-based level data, I think I might go a step further and start working with the user data as well.

I want to make a space shooter game, where you can customize you ship to any 3x3 grid pattern. Ther BL API is capable of this because of the user data.
Jac1 15 years ago
  After spending some time on jayisgames.com, iI found exactly what I was looking for: a perfect puzzle game for BL! :
Electric box

I made a level on that game and here's it's id: {-0$.0"/0"00#50#80B90"?0#A0DE0#I0#K0DO0#S0#U0DY0$]0#_0D`16a0&c0"g0#q1%r0"s0"t0"u0"~$*!#~!(")#++2,2-.5/}
jp 15 years ago
  Here are some breakout tutorials I've found on google.

http://www.flashgimp.com/articles/flash_articles/2_matthewdavid_flash_article/index.php (old, flash 5)

http://mikestickney.com/wordpress/flash-tutorial-breakout-game-part-1/ (with as2 sources)

http://blip.tv/file/1244696/ (video)
geckojsc 15 years ago
  After Path 4 Mouse, I think I'll make a breakout game.
It seems easy enough to be do-able for me, and will stretch my coding knowledge even further...
  But not harder than racing level
Jac1 15 years ago
  A 3D game might be a bit hard to develop on a computer...
  I was thinking about a 3D game
Jac1 15 years ago
  Wow! That was great! Smilie Bounce 25 would be a fantastic BL game!
jp 15 years ago
  This 25 lines game Smilie Bounce 25 is really good.
The source code is avaialble and can be modified according to the licence. It would make a very nice BL game!
MooKings 15 years ago
  Platform Racing 2 is also a good racing platformer!
Jac1 15 years ago
  I would like a platformer too. Something like Rocket car!
I found a lemming-ish Nitrome game, Small Fry
demonicyoshi 15 years ago
  i found an awsome game that would be cool for bonus level....http://www.thegamehomepage.com/play/super-stacker/
  Neon is good! But I thinked about platform game. On example:
Hopper, Mario forever
jp 15 years ago
  Yes alphabounce is not much more evolved than what you describe, in terms of gameplay. It's very strong for it's graphics and animations because it's made by a whole team of developers and designers. In your case, I would go for very simple stylished graphics. The game Neon for example, it has very neat graphics but they are not so hard to make.
minmay 15 years ago
  Sorry, I've been away for a few days.

I doubt I'd make something as good as AlphaBounce. What I'm saying is that a basic Breakout game is easy to make. Of course, for BonusLevel I'd want to implement quite a few things - at the very least I'd want flexible paths including triggers, and LOTS of special bricks/powerups.
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Changing the colour of the bricks would be really good, especially for those familiar with hexadecimal colour values. That would make a very interesting game, with some very interesting levels!
gameinsky 15 years ago
  i've been playing alpha bounce since a short period , it wil be cool somethings like this!
may be a breakout where you can change the color of the bricks by hexadecimal codes
jp 15 years ago
  @minmay, Are you sure it's easy to make a breakout ^_^ ? alphabounce .

I would love to have a breakout on BL of course. But I run out of time. I have to make some choices. Hog Pop breakout would be a nice theme for a breakout game, so it's still in my plan but I have so much plans...
minmay 15 years ago
  Breakout is something that I could actually make myself, maybe I'll buy Flash soon and do it.

Of course, I obviously wouldn't do as well as jp would...
gameinsky 15 years ago
  what about the hog pog breakout ? it has been a long time ago it was proposed and it's even on Jp's to do list , please ?

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  Right, I have some good ideas for BL games, and I'm writing them down here so I remember them and people can comment on them.

So, there's my Music game that I started, but the progress on that has been paused until I finish Path 4 Mouse.

And also, I have an idea for a creature battling game, a bit like the arena mode in Spore Origins. You get your own creature, and to get parts and stuff for your creature you must beat other creatures and earn points.
Every level is a battle against a different creature.
In the editor you can make creatures as levels, so that others may battle against them.
This game will require lots and lots of knowledge, but I know from looking at the documentation, that the BL API is capable of something like this.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg