Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL Game Ideas

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gameinsky 14 years ago
  that's what I suggested 1 week ago.
Treazer 14 years ago
  The game VVVVVV is now on pepere.org (just the demo) Its so cool! I think maybe here can be a game like that too!
Treazer 14 years ago
  GL101, i think its nice for BL! But i dont think its bad that you say that. After all, everyone has their own opinion.

jp, maybe you (or whoever) can use the editor from the game 'BL API Demo' (just a bit like that)?
gamelover101 14 years ago
  I just don't think that fits BL...
jp 14 years ago
  Yes the "n riddle game" is one of the inspiration of the concept but it's not totally it. The other inspiration is the real life games where you visit a city with some quests to accomplish. The idea is to make the smae thing by visiting ebsites instead of streets and momuments.

The game engine is very minimalistic, as all is in the quests/scenario writing.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  JP if you do then why not look at the one I quickly made a while ago on the N riddle game forum, you could use that as a template...
Zodiac 14 years ago
  jp, did you mean a game like "N Riddle Game" on pepere.org? That would be very very nice.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  well I could make a flash game of that easily using txt file reading
lololol 14 years ago
  wow, that sounds like a really great game, jp :D

you, or someone else should make it!
murtaza64 14 years ago
  I don't understand....
jp 14 years ago
  What about a game called "http adventure" where each level is a quest on web pages ? The level designer could rely on existing webpages or on his own pages. The level design would be simply a list of questions and correct answers.
Im 14 years ago
  What about something like this? :D
Hexicube 14 years ago
  well it's perfectly possible, and maybe a toggle gravity instead?
graviton maybe?
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Funny, I once had an idea for a game like that for BL, apart from... it was very plain... and... you had a bouncy ball instead. The game would have been more physics based, with the ball being able to travel at different angles. There would not have been any controls other than 'change gravity (space)' so it was all purely about timing.
Captain_404 14 years ago
  It makes me really happy that someone here other than me knows what VVVVVV is.

I heart Terry Cavanaugh's games!
gameinsky 14 years ago
  I had the full version in august 2007, uh...

Oh a game like VVVVVVVV, you can't jump, instead you switch gravity (a little like shift) but with walls + paths and a enemy 8-bit designer it would be very cool on BL :)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  have you heard of ricochet? PLAY IT IT'S SO COOL!!! AND UNLAGGY! map maker too ;)
gameinsky 14 years ago
  It's a shooter game, but if the things you have to shoot at would be like squares you could make thousands, and thousands of things!
Art, speedways, arrows signs... yeah, just very laggy if the whole level get's loaded at the start lie all JP games do :/
Just play it, the link is below.
notice: it get's more fun towards the end.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I love bloons tower defence! OMG!
or is that different?
gameinsky 14 years ago
  I'd say: a game like supermoking belloons, it's sandbox like and it's very fun to play, it requires strategy, precision and speed.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  we have enough to satisfy puzzle heads :D
Submarine95 14 years ago
  i agree with Capsules too.
lololol 14 years ago
  yes. no more puzzles as BB2 already have been made. maybe later.
Elizea 14 years ago
  I would prefer a 'sandbox editor' game more, like rolling turtle / jump gear 2:P
Treazer 14 years ago
  Quoting Im from BL Game Ideas
I want Capsules on BL!
Please? :P

I agree!

And i want a new puzzle game we need a new but just after somw weeks because bb2? And not BB3 any other.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  I got to stage 15 and fought the BFB before I died. D:

Anyways, yes, a game like this would be beautiful! And DY would get his wish for rectangular switches. xD

There was a huge variety of enemies, and upgrades, too... perhaps the game we make has CUSTOM upgrades! 8D
gameinsky 14 years ago
  I got to stage 5 lvl 3
Ahroo 14 years ago
  OMGWTF you played it, too?! how far did you get, DID YOU BEAT THE BFB?! xD
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Supermonkey b'loons
I never had a such fun game, combined with a level editor it would be the best game ever!
Over Ninethousand-and-one!!!!!1!!!1!1!1!1!!! possibelities and also it wouldn't need much.
Just rectangulair switches that cover a whole row, paths and enemies to shoot at!
And to make it less laggy, maybe it could be so the enemies are only generated right before they come in ? that way it could lag less!
Ahroo 14 years ago
  OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! A BL-bomber game would be awesome! xD

About the 'Pilot Turtle' engine... yes, it would be awesome to do such a thing, however there should also be an option to wire the goal to paths, just in case you make a raiden-style boss at the end and you want the finish to explode from inside him. :/

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  Right, I have some good ideas for BL games, and I'm writing them down here so I remember them and people can comment on them.

So, there's my Music game that I started, but the progress on that has been paused until I finish Path 4 Mouse.

And also, I have an idea for a creature battling game, a bit like the arena mode in Spore Origins. You get your own creature, and to get parts and stuff for your creature you must beat other creatures and earn points.
Every level is a battle against a different creature.
In the editor you can make creatures as levels, so that others may battle against them.
This game will require lots and lots of knowledge, but I know from looking at the documentation, that the BL API is capable of something like this.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg