Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL Game Ideas

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Sillius 13 years ago
  I think BB2 needs a Lethal block :)
Hexicube 13 years ago
  well maybe a BB3D
I made an example image of how the level could be laid out...
BB3D example image
Shiro 13 years ago
  Or some kind of bomb o-O?

@Marc, the problem is, half of the levels won't be 3D...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  3D would add a new kind of gameplay, there isn't that many 3D puzzle games, if any, i've never seen any
gameinsky 13 years ago
  A block that swaps gravity ?
Shiro 13 years ago
  I agree that BB2 needs something new, but not a 3D thing... Maybe a new kind of block?
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I think BB2 needs a new twist to catch on, something that makes it different, maybe a 3D kind of thing with floors and such...
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol Im thinks my game is awesome :)
Sillius 13 years ago
  This would be a better BL game
Im 13 years ago
  This would be a good BL game.
geckojsc 13 years ago
  Has anyone ever seen HasCanvas? It's an online IDE for making Processing.js applications. I think it would be great if there was something like this for BL. I think Captain 404 had an idea for something like this...

[edit]
You can view my HasCanvas creations on my profile. You need Safari, Firefox or Chrome for it to work, because Internet Explorer doesn't support the <canvas> element.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I suggested that a while ago but hog pop is close enough
Treazer 14 years ago
  Why not an golf game on bl? A bit like Everybodys golf 2 for PSP (and other consoles i think) with cards where you can unlock clothes (some clothes have extra stats) and maybe with money? That would be very fun here on bl :D

edit: Hex, I don't think hog pop is very close to it. Then you could say hog pop is very close to a football game too, it's only the shooting/kicking.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  link to PR2/PR3 plz
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  Geckojsc, Knytt Stories is awesome! :O
Hexicube 14 years ago
  can you link them?
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  Platform Racing 2.
allyally 14 years ago
  PR2? what does that stand for?
gameinsky 14 years ago
  There's a new game coming soon: PR3
I see it's like PR2 upgrade with 200%!
Background changed, better graphics, can draw, block drawer and more!
all things the second didn't have.
geckojsc 14 years ago
  I would love it if there was a game like Knytt Stories on BL! I'm actually planning on making a topic for Knytt Stories levels.

If you want to make some levels, there's a tutorial for the level editor on YouTube.
Hexicube 14 years ago
  BLaster Towers remember?
SuperDog 14 years ago
  oh really?

Post 200
Hexicube 14 years ago
  already making that :P
SuperDog 14 years ago
  We need something like Make Your Own Tower Defence
Glunty 14 years ago
  Haha, obviously not very original, as mixing those games would be far too obvious and classic.

But, I mean taking some of the cool aspects of those games and mixing into one that silently displays that the concept and idea were drawn from those 3 awesome games.

Basically a platformer (preferably sidescroller) in which you can draw your own backgrounds, and obviously with some extra original ideas from the developer.
gundu 14 years ago
  I also played this game called VVVVVV and I played Meat boy and Platform racing 2.

But doing a game with this wouldn't be very original :/
Glunty 14 years ago
  A game like Meat Boy. Pure platformer, with some obvious twists, extra goals, and some way to change objects' properties.
Also, you guys should add drawing tools to your games like in Platform Racing 2, in which you can draw several background layers, except you should also be able to draw foreground.

And, Captain_404 and gameinsky, you're not the only ones that've played or know what VVVVVV is. Played it on NG when it came out.
minimariner 14 years ago
  I played Bloons Super Monkey, i completed it :D

Some of those game ideas sound cool.
Treazer 14 years ago
  Oh dont have saw it. I just have saw the thing with VVVVVV.

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  Right, I have some good ideas for BL games, and I'm writing them down here so I remember them and people can comment on them.

So, there's my Music game that I started, but the progress on that has been paused until I finish Path 4 Mouse.

And also, I have an idea for a creature battling game, a bit like the arena mode in Spore Origins. You get your own creature, and to get parts and stuff for your creature you must beat other creatures and earn points.
Every level is a battle against a different creature.
In the editor you can make creatures as levels, so that others may battle against them.
This game will require lots and lots of knowledge, but I know from looking at the documentation, that the BL API is capable of something like this.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg