Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL Game Ideas

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gameinsky 14 years ago
  I don't know, but if you the turtle pilot engine close to the RT engine you will have thousands of possibelities of levels, you can make gates, and other traps.
You can make conveyors to move the crates etc. but if you design the enemy aircraft and make them havepaths like in CDvZP and making them shoot missles or whatever it would be very cool!

Switches would activate things, crates can kill you.

Actually, everything you touches would kill you.
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  Cool. What about score-based items?
gameinsky 14 years ago
  I'm thinking about crates that acts like boulders, turrets and enemy aircraft.
THeNiNJa 14 years ago
  Hog pop is already very golfy...

Pilot turtle .. It needs some features that'll make it possible to make thousands of original levels.
gameinsky 14 years ago
  I suggest hog golf, pilot turtle or a BL-bomber like game.
lololol 14 years ago
  it could be the same lines as in JG 2, and RT, just bigger so the smallest size would be 10? so you really could se the change in the colors. and also custom background where you could choose between a background with mountain to one with trees. also water could be added, and you will drown if you jump in it. but there could be an air bubble so you would be able to go underwater for a limited amount of time. (changeable in the editor)
Im 14 years ago
  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! We need something like Gravitee... :P
Ahroo 14 years ago
  that could be a good game. reminds me of 'Color the void' and 'Color my world' on Bubblebox. :/
lololol 14 years ago
  Okay iv'e got an idea.
Its a platformer game about a "Thing" (stickman, push-alike guy, etc. i haven't decided) living in a world without color, and its been stolen by an enemy/something evil/darth vader. the thing-guy have to bring back the colors to his world (the level) by finding buckets of color (red, blue, green, whatever color is needed in the level) so the earth, sky, or plants can have a color.

the level maker would be able to put buckets of paint around in the level, and the player have to find them. a little like gundus, "find the coins/stars" levels on RT.

The game developer could make a story to it in the officials list, and introduce people to the game, and the evil force that have stolen the color. like Captain_404's levels in cdvzp.
lololol 14 years ago
  BUUUUUUUUUUUUMPO!
Im 14 years ago
  The story about that... girl... So sad... How could he...? That's just... evil. When I was doing that level... I was like.... "I can't believe I'm doing this"... *pulls the lever*... :'(
Ahroo 14 years ago
  You played that, too? :O

'twas a beautiful game, I'm stuck on a level. xP
gameinsky 14 years ago
  Wow, one of the most original games I ever played was the "company of myself"
Or why not level ditor ?
thesewould be nice aditions for BL (game like that)
Hexicube 14 years ago
  I have just got ideas for RT!
Finish only available on switch(optional and is faded when offline)
Finish movable with paths
Inventory(0-9 numbers for stuff like grow, shrink(if included in RT2), speed, etc.)
Enemy AI(think though, like goombas or something)
Invisible lines
Gravity disable, gravity toggle item, gravity direction, gravity direction item, other gravity things
Im 14 years ago
  So will there be Capsules? :O
gundu 14 years ago
  I know.

My friend at school don't stop to say "zor" like you so I want to know where you found this!
Im 14 years ago
  I don't knowz0r... I think it's mostly the last word in the sentencez0r.
gundu 14 years ago
  @Im, Why do you say "zor" at almost each word
geckojsc 14 years ago
  Well, I'm not actually making the game, buuuuuuttttttttttt....... I suppose that could be possible. You'd have to code the path yourself though (unless I did some premade paths. 'twould be quite cool!
Im 14 years ago
  Ummm...... Whatz0r? /:(
Ahroo 14 years ago
  geckojsc, how about, instead of typing a code for the object to move directly when pressing the button, why don't you type a code for a path to activate when the button is pressed?
Im 14 years ago
  Umm... W00Tz0r? :D
geckojsc 14 years ago
  @Captain - Sounds really neat, and easy for beginners yet still very powerful!

@JP - Wow, I nevery knew there was way to use Lua in Flash! I'll have to check that out and incorporate it into my next Flash project somehow! (oh, it's AS3) D:
Captain_404 14 years ago
  @jp - I started writing it a while back, but I think I'm going to start over.

Thanks for the link to LUA. I'll look into it, but I doubt I'll end up using it; it all depends on how flexible it is/what it is exactly.

Part of what I want to do is structure a language specifically for people who have no idea how to use one. Generally, I'm adding new commands to deal with things that confused me as a young programmer and to help simplify some of the things that are still pretty complex.

For example, you can add an object to a thing I call a 'group', which acts a bit like a combination of an array and an object.

Say you've got a ton of enemies and you want to check if the player is touching any of them. Normally you'd have to write a loop to go through each and every one of them and check for a collision, something that's a bit hard for young programmers to grasp. With my language, all you have to do is create a group called 'enemies' and then check for a player collision with the enemies group. It would look something like this.

ifTouch(player with enemies) {
delete player;
}

Much simpler and (I hope) easier for a newbie to understand. There's a lot more stuff like this too. I just really want something that's easy to understand.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Asforien, how about using the mouse as a movable tower? I haven't seen that in any TD games... or, at least, the ones I've played.
jp 14 years ago
  @Captain_404, did you write your own scripting language ?
Maybe it's too late for this advice, but I think using LUA as a scripting language would be a good idea, for 2 reasons :
- It has been coded already in Flash (requires Flash 10 to work) : LUA in Flash >> demo.
- It's a standard, some level designers could already know the syntax (I think many games like World of Warcraft, are using LUA already), or if you have to learn it, you will be able to use it in other projects.

@Gecko, yes I think I will port BLockoban to the iPhone, just to try if this kind of game can be successful. I know this is not the kind of game that reaches the top 100 (tower/castle defense games are also the winers on iPhone!) but it can be a challenging time waster for 5 minutes, while you wait for a bus or a plane. Let's see.
Im 14 years ago
  Interesting, Captain_404. :O (I wonder if I'll find da easter egg... Mwahahahaha... Mwaha... Mwa...)
gameinsky 14 years ago
  I sugggest the hogpop golf!
Asforien 14 years ago
  Tower defense games have been done to death. We really need to find an interesting twist, and also one that can generate hundreds of levels without being repetitive. Just changing the maps isn't enough imo. But that's not saying that it's impossible.
Ahroo 14 years ago
  Captain_404, is it that game on your profile that's called 'Don't Ask'? Anyways, why doesn't someone try to make a customizeable tower defense game(customizable towers, customizable map, etc...)?

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  Right, I have some good ideas for BL games, and I'm writing them down here so I remember them and people can comment on them.

So, there's my Music game that I started, but the progress on that has been paused until I finish Path 4 Mouse.

And also, I have an idea for a creature battling game, a bit like the arena mode in Spore Origins. You get your own creature, and to get parts and stuff for your creature you must beat other creatures and earn points.
Every level is a battle against a different creature.
In the editor you can make creatures as levels, so that others may battle against them.
This game will require lots and lots of knowledge, but I know from looking at the documentation, that the BL API is capable of something like this.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg