Play the games, create the levels

Topic, BL Game Ideas

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gameinsky 10 years ago
  Treazer, do you mean Obscurity?
Treazer 10 years ago
  A great game on BL would be something like Knytt Underground.
You've got some interesting and new powerups ( the colorful lights ), with this cool concept would be great. And there's no platformer with rooms on BL yet.
gameinsky 10 years ago
  Did you know people that when you write a big block of text then the text becomes unattractive and kinda makes people not want to read your whole text? By splitting up your text in paragraphs it will be a lot more convenient to read, and it requires little to no effort to do so. So I in fact greatly suggest people to split their text in paragraphs, I'm serious.

So if you do it like this, then the text is a lot easier to read;
You're less likely to get lost in the text and you're more likely to read it all. And it also feels like it's less text.
Haven't you noticed that this paragraph is a lot easier to read?
Treazer 10 years ago
  So it shall be an online multiplayer game...? On BL? And how do you imagine level creation?
totallyepicdude321 10 years ago
  the BL quest: its like this, in the game you get materials to build a house and then the game really begins.

you now can get or give quests by receiving it in the mail (your game mailbox) or you can send a letter or you can walk up to a bl player like gameinsky and ask for a quest, he can make up one, this works for anyone.

trusted members get 100 coins when they begin for the first time and admins get 150 coins.you get 1-20 coins per enemy you kill (hedgehogs , dead-line stick figures other deadly things from all bl games ect).

In the end, your goal is to defeat the evil bl monster that is made of the enemys in bonuslevel history, after that, you can do whatever you want.

pvp is allowed so is trolling or griefing the houses you can also break stuff so you can place it down and use it as anything.

elements :water , fire, lava or earth.random level seed generation, post any secret seeds on my profile!

p.s. thanks gameinsky for the paragraph idea.
chase28 10 years ago
  Tile: Pixel Slider          Type:(Puzzle)

go to my page and you will find it
Treazer 10 years ago
  Spirits (Platformer)

You are lost on earth and it doesn't look like before. You've got no idea what happended, and you woke up somewhere in a dead forest. Everything is grey, but you sometimes have visions, strange visions to rescue the world. You soon realise, that you can travel into the spiritual realm. To enter the spiritual realm, you have to collect 8 spirits to cast a portal. As soon as you entered the realm, the portal will disappear. To return to the overworld again, you need to collect 3 natural resources, which are very rare in the spiritual realm. These things can be petals, which you get from seeds you found and planted with water, then feathers from birds etc. The reason why you go to the spiritual realm is, that you need the holy water from the well of divinity. Once you've got the holy water, you can travel back to the overworld with the 3 natural resources. Suddenly, you meet distorted creatures, which attack you. You have two choices, run away, or fight. Doesn't matter what you choose, you have to find the last green tree on the world, before it's going grey. You have to pour it with the holy water, and all distorted creatures powder. Plants will grow, animals and humans will resurrect and the world is going green again.

You can add more elements to your story or change the story. You also don't have to travel to the spiritual realm in your level (you could change the holy water to normal water, which can be found in the overworld), almost everything is up to you. The only thing, which is given, is that the apocalypse is near, and you have to rescue it with the last green tree.
Treazer 11 years ago
  400 Years. You have 400 years to complete the game, the time goes over as long as you hold space. While you're holding space, the seasons change, and through this you can overcome obstacles. A similar game would be fitting to BL and it would be a great puzzle game!
gameinsky 11 years ago
  a ball is lost... is a pretty vague description for a game... is it like hamsterball, is it a maze? is it a platformer? what is it?
PIe 11 years ago
  Title:Lost Ball

A Ball gets lost so you need to help him get home.

Green:Speed power X5
Blue:Jumping power X5
Red:Normal speed power
Yellow:Kills you
Treazer 11 years ago
  You can create several different shapes in the editor, but you won't connect them. The character will move around the shape and jump. He'll fly straight to the next shape. You will need to jump with a good angle to land on the place where you want to. The goal is to reach the goal of course ;) There are several items, objects etc or else it would be boring.
There are stars (or something different) for bonus points. You'll need to collect every big star to complete the level. There's sticky ground too, where you can't jump from and also bounce fields where you automatically jump. Obviously death ground exists too. There are switches, paths, enemies etc too.
Treazer 11 years ago
  I think The Company of Myself and its prequel Fixation are very fitting games for BL and they have very good concepts. :)

I enjoyed playing Concerned Joe too, it was a fun concept! :)
SimonM 11 years ago
  Nah, if you would handle it well, it isn't that complex to make.
manufan 11 years ago
  "a bit complex"

Treazer, that would probably send us into oblivion XD
Treazer 11 years ago
  What about a game where you can set your own goals to complete the levels. The levels should be very story-based. It's a platformer, but not like Rolling Turtle, rather a normal world and no pixel graphics. The level making is rather complex, but you could make brilliant levels. E.g. you use a line tool and you make dots, after you finished the area you want to have as block you click 'OK'. After that you can change the block type. There should be dialogues with different answers, you choose an answer and it'll affect the story of the level. So there are many different endings with different rewards and thus different scores. You'll never know the best possible score of the level, until you tried out every possibility. You have money, with that you can buy weapons or other things with advantages. You can always access to the shop. If you die in a fight, you'll need to restart at the last checkpoint. Goals can be like: Defeat ? (a villain), find ? (heroes or only good people), collect ? (materials, liquids etc) and many more. The editor should be as easy as possible, but it'll still be a bit complex.
Treazer 11 years ago
  Portal 2. 'Nuff said.
Treazer 11 years ago
  Interesting games. ( "Psychout" and "Sequester" )
Treazer 11 years ago
  Maybe a bit, but not much. And the graphic and sprites etc. should be different too.
azz 11 years ago
  When playing neutral riddle:
Fuck dis shit!!!
Treazer 11 years ago
  Which game from nifflas?
SimonM 11 years ago
  Treazer it sounds familiar, a game from nifflas.
Treazer 11 years ago
  Your a little ball lost in your own world.
Normally you're green and there are no power-ups or special tiles. But you can change your color. E.g. blue. When you're blue you have all the basic power-ups and tiles plus some other power-ups. You can also change to red. When you're red you're "in a hard level", you have deadly tiles and some power-ups. And last but not least you can change to yellow. As yellow ball you have all the "hyperactive power-ups and tiles". These power-ups makes you fast, let you jump higher etc.

Green:
Power-Ups: None
Tiles: Classic block, breaking block, deadly block

Blue:
Power-Ups: All + Freezer, more time, shield
Tiles: All + Glass, glue

Red:
Power-Ups: Less time
Tiles: Spikes, lasers, breaking block, lava, bomb, fire, water, pipes, chains

Yellow:
Power-Ups: Double jump, wings, arrow chaos, double speed, bounce, anti-gravity, rectangle, triangle, shape chaos

I'd like to create a game like that, but I don't know how >.<
gameinsky 11 years ago
  a good http game is http://neutralriddle.50webs.com/
Treazer 11 years ago
  I hope jp's suggestion about a http adventure will be implemented. Hopefully by jp :) We really need more game ideas...
Frairer 12 years ago
  im playing it!
Treazer 12 years ago
  Uhh... Sounds cool ally =)
allyally 12 years ago
  Ooh! I NEED THIS TOPIC! I need game ideas too! Fire away random game loving members of the public!

@Treazer interesting, I like games like that, Ill put some thought into it,
Hexicube 13 years ago
  lol, easier than flash in ways...but I get stuck with some aspects...

Flash game development

First post of the topic

geckojsc 15 years ago
  Right, I have some good ideas for BL games, and I'm writing them down here so I remember them and people can comment on them.

So, there's my Music game that I started, but the progress on that has been paused until I finish Path 4 Mouse.

And also, I have an idea for a creature battling game, a bit like the arena mode in Spore Origins. You get your own creature, and to get parts and stuff for your creature you must beat other creatures and earn points.
Every level is a battle against a different creature.
In the editor you can make creatures as levels, so that others may battle against them.
This game will require lots and lots of knowledge, but I know from looking at the documentation, that the BL API is capable of something like this.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg