Play the games, create the levels

Topic, New Contest Coming!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

gameinsky 13 years ago
  I'm neutral.
Moreover.
AK 13 years ago
  OK, check out the CONTST forum. That will be the official area where the contest takes place. Gameinsky, you are the 1st chair. You are responsible for deleting bad comments that are unhelpful to the contest like "I like cheeze!" or any hurtful comments. I am the forum leader, who can ask you to delete comments I see unfitting. We need people to vote on the Contest Leader, who hosts the contest, and if Ferrari doesn't want to, the 2nd Chair, the person who tallies the votes.

Sound fair? 8D?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I got forum mod because JP trusted me, it kinda feels lonely being the only one.
AK 13 years ago
  Him, he changed his post though....

FOUL!!!

OOPS, just saw your post, GIS, so don't get mad at me, this DSi is painfully slow....

I didn't know you were a forum mod..... You should have a big M by your name or something....

How do you even get to be a forum mod anyways?

Anyways..... I'll switch to the Ultimate Gamer...
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I'm not leader of everything, I'm forum mod, that means I take care of forums.

I just want contests to be held fair and square.
That means voted...
You can still make contests, but they won't be offical :P
Oh and the forum would be a mess if I wasn't that "bossy" like people call me.
A mod needs to act like a mod, ok ?
I try to stay nice thought sometimes people get offended without me wanting to.
MarioIsFireball10 13 years ago
  YES I AM! I HAVE MAH RIGHTZ! XP

Anyway,who said ANYTHING about him having a high leadership over anything?
AK 13 years ago
  I updated my message, I am going to let them vote, I have a couple more ideas then those 2.

Geez, read the posts!

You're not in this, MIF.....

GIS, I want to host the contest, but it doesn't have to be me, i'm just saying that you should give someone else a chance to host one.

And who gave YOU leadership over contests? I think just because you're a pretty high level doesn't mean you are automatically leader over things. I will change my topic, but I haven't been able to get to a computer, i'm using my DSi.

So hold on, i'll get this worked out....

HEY! Changing your post is illegal!

FOUL!!!

LOL
  I'm siding with GIS this time.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  AK:
I will pay you 100 dollars if you see a contest hosted by me.

Just do like we did every time, the most popular idea will be held as contest.
AK 13 years ago
  Um..... I HAVE A CONTEST ALREADY MADE!!!

Stop being selfish, GIS. You host every contest, so I think it's time someone else hosted one.

My contest is the Winter Break Contest. Create the best winter-related level. The prize was going to be 50 exp, but that's flexible. I'm going to ask JP about what he thinks the reward should be soon.

But don't worry, I won't be that selfish. I also have the idea of a Game Contest. You know, create a level based off of a game, like my JG2 Canabalt level. You can vote whichever one you like best.
  I want a time travel contest.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  I think we should get the next contest about now :P

who's in for suggestions ?

here's mine:

What about a storyline contest ?
Make the best story (quality of the level also counts)

I gathered iamstormtroop ideas:
Quoting iamstormtrooper from New Contest Coming!
Ok. Here is my post from a while ago about COLLAB! I still wana do it!

Ok, collab stands for Collaboration
This basically means, as said in the description of the game (please read!!!!) you work together to make a level, and submit it. So, you know all the levels where people collaborate to make one full level, and one person makes a certain part? Thats it. I just submitted one, that follows by the exact rules of what i said in the game description.

GeckoStorm Wheelie (Jump Gear 2)
This level was made by Geckojsc and Myself, based off our similar ideas in utilizing the "manuals" technique.

(please note this link is not for self-promotion of my games, but just as an example to support my point)
-
-
edit:
Since the collab idea seems pretty popular, oh_bebe, can you take it into recognition? Also, I was thinking that the collab level can only be made by 2 people, and should not exceed that limit. I say this because if there are too many people, then maybe one person will get more credit than the other because they worked harder. This way, each person gives 50% work, revising each other's sections, instead of leaving it up to one person, while the others just make a crappy piece, and it is revised by others.
Can you understand what im saying?
Is this ok? Just 2 people per collab level?

And my other ideas for those interested:
"Secrets" - Hog Pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Maybe a "Secrets" contest, where you build a level and have 5-7 secrets incorporated inside of it. You can have a storyline if you want.
-
"Modern Day Area/City/Place" Hog Pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Construct a level where you tour a certain Area/City/Place. Design is important, but not critical. Mainly involves being able to identify the place. Story is not required, but is acceptable.
-
"Futuristic Competition" Hog Pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
A contest where events are based on futuristic circumstances. My "Space Warp" trilogy is an example of future space travel. Story line is required.
-
.....DANGIT I HAD ONE but forgot it......shooot. Just give me time and ill think of it..... eventually.
Oh heres one, but not the one i was thinking of:
-
"House" Hog Pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Build a house and amaze your friends! Frighten you mother! And show how awesome you are to people you don't know! Build the best house, filled with common appliances and furniture, and make objectives (e.g. open dresser, then open closet/open fridge, open cupboard/get food, open trash/flush toilet/etc). No story required. 1 - 2 Secrets required.
-
"Comic Strip" Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Construct a 3 - 5 frame comic strip (dimensions of box: 18L X 14H) that can be random, hilarious, serious, send a deeper message, etc. Can be interactive (player can venture through comic - recommended, but more complicated). Does not have to have a message.
-
"Race" Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Design a level where you and an enemy/peer race along a path, to get to the finish. No background information or story required. Enemy needs to be noticeable when racing. Consequence must take place if lost. (either die, or placed in second w/ second trophy, then die.) If enemy interacts w/ player (e.g. road blocks, invades path, etc.) dialogue and introduction of him/herself is required.
-
(Level Here*) BC - Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Design a level opposite of the Future, The PAST! Roam around the land, in search of prey, or avoid being preyed upon! This blast to the past must be enjoyable, as well have some reference to dinosaurs in it (because they're cute). Any other animals are optional. No illustrations of present society are allowed**. Must pertain to the "Pre-Historic" era. Jurassic Park parodies/recreations are not allowed.
-
That's all I've got for now, but I will come up with more soon!
Now if I can just remember what that one was. I think it was a good one too.....
-
-
*Name of level (e.g. "Dinosaurs! BC")
**If there is a story line, then a time machine is OK, as well as a laboratory, or something.
*** Can only choose ONE of the selection of games to design levels in for the topics.
-
EDIT:
OH YEAH! I remember now!!!!!! The level i was thinking of was:

Collab Competition: Hog pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2
You and a partner design a level to submit for this contest! Storyline is not required, but dialogue of BOTH designers are required for the game.
gamelover101 13 years ago
  @gis
I want to make a level version of KNIVES.
lololol 13 years ago
  @Gis
Sounds good.

It could be made after Christmas, and maybe you could do collabs. (Max. 2 - 3)?
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Bah, JP got against BL tradition...
What about a storyline contest ?
Make the best story (quality of the level also counts)
gamelover101 13 years ago
  A contest about BL members? Make BL into a place, users into people, and you know, have fun! :p
rocky 13 years ago
  How about a background contest?

The contest might be unfair... :P
jp 13 years ago
  Xmas is too closed now for a contest :)
joe45 13 years ago
  What about a winter wonders contest? It would be a contest where it takes places during or after a blizzard.
demonicyoshi 13 years ago
  no, not enough time. We should have started this sooner if we wanted to have one.

This contest needed to be started in novermer so we could release the results on christmass.
SuperMario 13 years ago
  So, we will get a Xmas contest 2010?
allyally 13 years ago
  Nah, I could my dad has the the best, most god-damn awesome computer ever. It could make Sunken turtle look look like a peanut.
lololol 13 years ago
  I can play them too. Hehehe.
Ferrari12 13 years ago
  Me and Ahroo are the only ones who could play eachothers levels. So then it'll all be detirmined by the look of the screen at the start.
allyally 13 years ago
  Yes but No-one would have a supercomputer capable of loading your entry,
Ahroo 13 years ago
  I would win. >:3
azz 13 years ago
  A colour comp who can make the most colourful level in bl
gameinsky 13 years ago
  it would be better if the christmas contest starts at the end of examperiods...
some people are banned from the computer when the exame period is occuring (like me)
chris3000 13 years ago
  sorry, but i'm a little eager to start the contest!

little impatient chris
Ahroo 13 years ago
  Let's have a BL Christmas contest! Basically, you use the people (and possibly the domains) on BL to make a level about Christmas if BL was a real place. :p

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

oh_bebe 15 years ago
  There has been a lot of ideas lately for a new competition, but there can only be one going on at a time. Vote for your favorite idea or discuss new ideas for a contest.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg