Play the games, create the levels

Topic, New Contest Coming!

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

oh_bebe 15 years ago
  those are some good ideas, iamstormtrooper
I especially like the Modern Day Area/City/Place and House ones!
Maybe we can do one after the Dream Contest
iamstormtrooper 15 years ago
  "Secrets" - Hog Pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Maybe a "Secrets" contest, where you build a level and have 5-7 secrets incorporated inside of it. You can have a storyline if you want.
-
"Modern Day Area/City/Place" Hog Pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Construct a level where you tour a certain Area/City/Place. Design is important, but not critical. Mainly involves being able to identify the place. Story is not required, but is acceptable.
-
"Futuristic Competition" Hog Pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
A contest where events are based on futuristic circumstances. My "Space Warp" trilogy is an example of future space travel. Story line is required.
-
.....DANGIT I HAD ONE but forgot it......shooot. Just give me time and ill think of it..... eventually.
Oh heres one, but not the one i was thinking of:
-
"House" Hog Pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Build a house and amaze your friends! Frighten you mother! And show how awesome you are to people you don't know! Build the best house, filled with common appliances and furniture, and make objectives (e.g. open dresser, then open closet/open fridge, open cupboard/get food, open trash/flush toilet/etc). No story required. 1 - 2 Secrets required.
-
"Comic Strip" Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Construct a 3 - 5 frame comic strip (dimensions of box: 18L X 14H) that can be random, hilarious, serious, send a deeper message, etc. Can be interactive (player can venture through comic - recommended, but more complicated). Does not have to have a message.
-
"Race" Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Design a level where you and an enemy/peer race along a path, to get to the finish. No background information or story required. Enemy needs to be noticeable when racing. Consequence must take place if lost. (either die, or placed in second w/ second trophy, then die.) If enemy interacts w/ player (e.g. road blocks, invades path, etc.) dialogue and introduction of him/herself is required.
-
(Level Here*) BC - Rolling Turtle/JG2 ***
Design a level opposite of the Future, The PAST! Roam around the land, in search of prey, or avoid being preyed upon! This blast to the past must be enjoyable, as well have some reference to dinosaurs in it (because they're cute). Any other animals are optional. No illustrations of present society are allowed**. Must pertain to the "Pre-Historic" era. Jurassic Park parodies/recreations are not allowed.
-
That's all I've got for now, but I will come up with more soon!
Now if I can just remember what that one was. I think it was a good one too.....
-
-
*Name of level (e.g. "Dinosaurs! BC")
**If there is a story line, then a time machine is OK, as well as a laboratory, or something.
*** Can only choose ONE of the selection of games to design levels in for the topics.
-
EDIT:
OH YEAH! I remember now!!!!!! The level i was thinking of was:

Collab Competition: Hog pop/Rolling Turtle/JG2
You and a partner design a level to submit for this contest! Storyline is not required, but dialogue of BOTH designers are required for the game.
jp 15 years ago
  I've creaed a poll here for the next contest.
Shiro 15 years ago
  Not really, there's not a boss...
PaulWalrus 15 years ago
  That's kind of Scenerio + Boss, which is already done.
Shiro 15 years ago
  I was thinking about a contest where you have to complete a quest :)
Im 15 years ago
  What about a Curcuit contest?
Jac1 15 years ago
  If yes, it's going to be in a long time, as we have 3 contests coming after the 28*28 one...
1jase 15 years ago
  what if we made a contest (after the 28x28 contest) like you have to make a level in a Tunnel.....I have already made 2
Jac1 15 years ago
  Impossible on RT as there is no import/export, but it's on top of jp's todolist.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  the fix level tournament can only be on one game (cause each games has it's own lines design)
i tought about jump gear 2
it's also possible one hog pop trought but i think it's better on jump gear
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  Glitch idea is cool
I know 2 glitches so I can use them and find some more
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  that sounds cool -- I don't think you can do that with RT though because there is no export button. (this is just what I've heard.. I don't know about it really)

another idea i had was a glitch level (get thru a level using a bunch of glitches)
Jac1 15 years ago
  That's a good and original idea!
gameinsky 15 years ago
  what about a 'fix level' tournament ?
someone makes a level deletes the half of the lines , and other must add lines to complete the level !
(deleting the old lines is discualification)
Jac1 15 years ago
  I am entering in
-28*28
-World+Boss
-Tutorial.
SPOILER
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  28x28 Should be first(4 votes)
Then W+B(3 votes)
Then 3D (3 Votes (W+B was first))
And last Tutorial!
SPOILER

Now we're doing 28x28
I am entering in:
28x28
3D
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  I'll make a new topic for you guys to enter on =)
Sillius 15 years ago
  Here's my level for the 28x28 competition Treasure Rooms (Rolling Turtle) hope you enjoy xD
Jac1 15 years ago
  And tutorial last? Fine by me...
oh_bebe 15 years ago
  Yeah I think we should to 28x28, world+boss, then 3D maybe?
Sillius 15 years ago
  can we do the world+boss level after ? I'm making a great level for it, but i don't want to finish it right now if we are going to take the world+boss competion last...
Shiro 15 years ago
  Okay
Jac1 15 years ago
  Not yet, you have to wait Febuary the 22nd.
Shiro 15 years ago
  When does the contest starts?

We're doing 28x28 right...?
Shiro 15 years ago
  I've already made a level :')
gameinsky 15 years ago
  @jac1 , the contest has not even started!
gameinsky 15 years ago
  of course
Jac1 15 years ago
  Is it allright if I do less than 28*28?
jp 15 years ago
  Let's wait for the results of mario contest and then post another thread for the 28x28 contest. With the detailed rules of the 28x28 theme.

I think this current thread can be continued later to decide which contests will be organized.

BonusLevel website and API

First post of the topic

oh_bebe 15 years ago
  There has been a lot of ideas lately for a new competition, but there can only be one going on at a time. Vote for your favorite idea or discuss new ideas for a contest.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg