Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Offtopic post

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

chris3000 9 days ago
  Hey, I took a 10 day break and caught up on sleep/rest. My mom's birthday is today so we're eating pizza and for dessert we are going to eat a vanilla cake with icing/sprinkles.
Coolguy52 11 days ago
  I do enjoy maths problems but I think a formal competition is a bit much. The odd question here and there is cool but at the end of the day I don’t expect much interest.
john96 12 days ago
  Maybe we should all have a math competition one day for fun. If that's okay with you guys.
Coolguy52 12 days ago
  Geometry questions are difficult to pose in this format, so unfortunately for you I can’t easily provide one. I am generally quite good at most branches of mathematics at high school level, although I will say that geometric questions can sometimes trip me up if I didn’t spot the method correctly. I found high school algebra and calculus to be a bit more procedural and therefore easier to find the solution. I think finding anti-derivatives (integrating a function) is the one example where this is a bit less procedural but I don’t often struggle here either, unless the function is very weird.
PuzzleFan 14 days ago
  I'm not really that good at advanced math class. I was good at geometry, but calculus and algebra 2, no.
suhangha 17 days ago
  Exactly Correct, cool guy, This means that the number of messages was 6859.
Coolguy52 17 days ago
  I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but:

SPOILER
suhangha 17 days ago
  solution is a pair of answer
Both values were sine & cosine (one-twelfth & five-twelfth pi)

guess a natural number 'x' that it's nth-root of number that is close to the current topic count, and also together that 'n' at the "'n'th-root" ; where both x and n is less than 20
Coolguy52 17 days ago
  I'm glad you noticed the trigonometric link, that was actually my inspiration for these equations. I wanted to make x and y being exact values for sine and cosine of pi/12, so the equations are a unit circle (Pythagorean identity) and related to the double angle formula as you noticed. My method for solving algebraically was slightly different, but yours reduces the complexity a lot sooner than mine, and at a point you need to realise that sqrt(2+sqrt(3))=(sqrt(2)+sqrt(6))/2, which is not immediately obvious. I will post that method if anyone wants as an edit to this message.
nelson90 18 days ago
  There are at least 2 ways of solving this set of equations.

first solution:
SPOILER

second solution:
SPOILER

Due to the symmetry of the equations in x and y, there is another solution obtained by swapping the values of x and y.
Coolguy52 18 days ago
  36=2^2*3^2 (not prime), 361=19^2 (not prime).

Try to solve for x and y, where x and y are positive:

4xy=1, x^2+y^2=1
chris3000 19 days ago
  It's been so nice being at home and not having to be woken up every 3-4 hours in the ER. You can't get any rest there.
suhangha 1 month ago
  try to prove whether 36 is prime or not. must be easy for you ||||| try 361 too
chris3000 1 month ago
  Hello, what's up? Did everyone have a good Mother's day holiday? Never forget your mom on that special day. I earned a valuable lesson about my selfishness.
john96 1 month ago
  Mine are Snoopy, Woodstock, Linus and Patty.
chris3000 1 month ago
  What are your favorite characters in "The Peanuts?"
Mine is Charlie Brown, Patty, Lucy and Snoopy
Coolguy52 2 months ago
  Ok. Hint for second method below:

SPOILER

Solving these kinds of equations is not always easy because it's not necessarily got one answer that you can just find with normal algebra. It's also kind of hard to give proper hints without displaying most of the methods.
chris3000 2 months ago
  I'll figure that problem out later, or if you want to give us another hint. Maybe someone other than me can solve that one.
Coolguy52 3 months ago
  There are two ways to find the three answers where both a and b are positive whole numbers and a>b.
SPOILER
chris3000 3 months ago
  The solution to your equation John is 13. Now let's solve CG's equation, can we have a hint please in a spoiler?
Coolguy52 3 months ago
  3x+(-8+8)=31+8
3x=39
3x/3=39/3
x=13.

If a+b+ab=35, solve for a and b as whole numbers and a>b>0.
john96 3 months ago
  Solve for x.

3x-8=31
chris3000 3 months ago
  Harry Potter is one of my favorite book series. What are your favorite books to read? And by what author? I also like the movies about Harry Potter and his friends at Hogwarts.
chris3000 5 months ago
  My grandparents get on my nerves so bad. My grandma is evil, greedy and selfish. She takes half my grandpa's money which me and my mom need for food, medicine, supplies and other requirements for our daily lives.
chris3000 5 months ago
  It is the start of a new fresh year, 2024!
PuzzleFan 5 months ago
  I had a wonderful holiday Chris, thanks for asking. We sat near the fireplace and read some books and ate some cake. It was cold some nights, we had to bundle up under the blankets.
chris3000 5 months ago
  Well, did everyone have an enjoyable, relaxing Christmas this year? We certainly did, me and my mother. We played some board games and ate some Christmas cookies.
chris3000 6 months ago
  I just realized I'm almost at Level 77!
suhangha-2 6 months ago
  Top member ranked 5!
john96 6 months ago
  Is everybody ready for the Christmas spirit, we need to start shopping early before the crowd gets out, it's cold up here in Iceland.

General

First post of the topic

niimporta 14 years ago
  Here you can post EVERYTHING you wan't.
So, let's GO!

**!!Knobs are allowed, but only if you use them with parsimony!!**

Ideas to post:

Pictures of the editor of levels
Something about games
Interesting stuff (like The canopener has been invented 42 years after the can)
Funny things
Funny Pictures
Funny videos
Funny histories
Or not funny histories
Spam (like PIE PIE PIE...)
and more..
Weird thing from other language (like PIE means feet in spanish..)
Do what U wan't, but don't insult!
And no flooding, we don't want to get drowned in messages (flooding = posting big messages)

1 visits from 1 Visitors on this topic, 52 minutes after the topic was created*

sss
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg