Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Ringmania 2.5"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

popodelades 15 years ago
  Ok jp
jp 15 years ago
  The editor has been updated with a powerful grid + relative radial grid feature. Thanks for the suggestion as it is now umch omre easy to design neat levels.

To deactivate a grid, click on the central button (the one with the grid size number).

[edit] I've also soften the contrast decerase fo the background because that was too much.
[edit 2] I think it's a good idea to capture the background (withuot the rings) as the thumbnail, like minmay and gecko did for their levels.

@popodelades : not now, later in the test phase. Thanks :)
popodelades 15 years ago
  Can I Be A Tester?
jp 15 years ago
  I've increased the size of the background to 32x32.
I've also added a filter to the background to decrease its contrast. Because too much contrasted backgrounds hurt the ease of play.
Yes your right I will add a grid, it is in first priority.
Reading all your suggestions, I had an idea. It's about making a "Boss" falling from the top. A boss would be a formation of coloured rings, with a name/title. When the boss arrives on the stage, the background shakes, and it's displayed "XXXXX coming!".
@minmay, a constraint in the move of the mouse rings, wuold be interesting, I will look if the engine is easily adaptable for this.
minmay 15 years ago
  I agree with geckojsc, the editor really needs a grid function (though you were presumably going to add one anyway). Right now it's very painful to place objects right.

How about the ability to place stationary pegs (the brown things that the rings bounce off of) in levels? Just like the regular ones but they don't follow the mouse, they just stay where they are. That could be interesting.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  can i be tester to (later)
starpower 15 years ago
  can i be a tester too?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I think the editor needs a 'snap to grid' function, because it will help with placing objects more neatly.

Or, it could have a 'symmetry' function, where anything you do on one side will be mirrored on the other, rather like the editors in Spore.
jp 15 years ago
  I added some testers now.
Nice suggestions.
[edit] I will add you later Sillius.
Sillius 15 years ago
  Sounds great I could help you testing it :D
1jase 15 years ago
  it sounds like a fun game perhaps I could be a tester to
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I find this a very interesting adaptation to SameGame (or many of those other colour matching games), and I can think of some interesting additions for the BL edition.

Right now I can think of things that trigger on a mouse click, like powerups:

A powerup to remove random balls from your chain.
Bad balls that make you lose points and similar bad things along those lines.
A mouse-controlled turret that can destroy bad balls (and good ones).

I might be able to think of other ideas.

So I also put forward my request to be a tester...
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Perhaps you could add an object for the editor only like a ring gun.

You could set it to follow a certain path around the stage, you could add objects to the path that would teleport the gun from one part of the path to another, you could attach object to the path that would cause the gun to shoot.

You could also set the gun on a timer, such as, wait 5 seconds, shoot, wait 3 seconds, shoot, shoot, wait ten seconds, etc. Each timer would include either a loop or stop command at the end.

Or, you could set the timer to random or the path to random if you want.

The "guns" would not be viewable in the game though.

The shots, I think, should be able to be set to random or controlled as well by setting the color and/or path of certain shots.

Admittedly, a tall order for the code, but just some things for you to think about.
ilikerollingturtle 15 years ago
  I want to be a tester too
minmay 15 years ago
  Obligatory request for tester status goes here.

That said, I have a question about drawing your own background in the editor: will it be possible to import a background from your computer instead of drawing one?
I think 16x16 probably is too small, maybe the ability to set a color gradient as well? How big can the background be without it taking a long time to load?
MooKings 15 years ago
  I would like to be a tester just to help you jp!
jp 15 years ago
  Ringmania 2.5, testers wanted very soon :)
Don't expect too much, it's not a groundbreaking game, it's just an adaptation to BL of an old game of mine.
It is almost the same as Ringmania 2.

Except it implements the BL API with a level editor, so we should get much more levels to play.

Additional features :
- Bachground pixels, the editor provides the possibility to draw your own background for each level.

Next features (maybe) :
- Allow to customize the falling rings, create events (one shot ring, or repeat events), paths ? Bosses (rings formations) ?
- More special items ? Malus items (decrease points?, black ball?).
- Move contraints (fixed stone rings).

I'm waiting feedback about the bugs, the background pixels (for now 16x16, is it too small?), suggestions of new items, new features.

Games forum

Play Game "Ringmania 2.5"

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Ringmania 2.5, testers wanted very soon :)
Don't expect too much, it's not a groundbreaking game, it's just an adaptation to BL of an old game of mine.
It is almost the same as Ringmania 2.

Except it implements the BL API with a level editor, so we should get much more levels to play.

Additional features :
- Bachground pixels, the editor provides the possibility to draw your own background for each level.

Next features (maybe) :
- Allow to customize the falling rings, create events (one shot ring, or repeat events), paths ? Bosses (rings formations) ?
- More special items ? Malus items (decrease points?, black ball?).
- Move contraints (fixed stone rings).

I'm waiting feedback about the bugs, the background pixels (for now 16x16, is it too small?), suggestions of new items, new features.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg