Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Ringmania 2.5"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

jp 13 years ago
  @gameinsky, yes I agree, but there are people on this site playing only pure puzzle games like Blockoban. Those people don't post a lot because they are older.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  its only a year :P
Shiro 13 years ago
  It would be awesome if this game finally becomes public, after more than a year :P.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  meh I like compliated stuff...makes me feel smart XD
Treazer 13 years ago
  I think its okay that you make it public soon, because all the people can have ideas and etc, and when its public you can still edit the game as far we know. It shouldnt be public to early, i know, but i cant say that, if its okay now, but you know it, and you said it.

BTW, cool thumbnail.
gameinsky 13 years ago
  Jp, you should think of making a game with infinetly scrolling like RT, JG2, HP... that kind of games make BL populair.
jp 13 years ago
  I've improved the engine a little bit. Now it looks acceptable but not perfect.

As I'm bored with this game maybe I should make it public soon (not front page beta test only).

The fact that the level design is not user friendly, the fact that the background design is not easy, and the fact that it's not the kind of game that is very popular, we should not get a lot of levels for it, but already a few interesting levels are done.
AK 13 years ago
  When will this game be ready?

Maybe I shouldn't be asking, but I am kind of bored.
Hexicube 13 years ago
  im sure distance checking is a good method...
jp 13 years ago
  The game engine is very instable, it's too much complicated now and I give up to fix it. I need to think about a new way to manage collisions, and it will take some time.

But the editor remains valid.
gundu 13 years ago
  I just noticed that in my level "I hate snow" The boss come very scretched

It was not what I made?

[edit] I played it again, and it's was okay... Don't know what happend
Hexicube 13 years ago
  I forbid blaster towers link lol
allyally 13 years ago
  No! its just the link you use to test games!
like JG2's is...
And Blaster towers is...
allyally 13 years ago
  Well well well, look what I found...
jp 13 years ago
  I like suggestion 3 but right now I try to correct the numerous bugs before being off for 1 month (for my work).

Bug corrected about not updating the game wheb editing a level.
Treazer 13 years ago
  @jp, did you readed my suggestion?

Quoting Treazer from Game "Ringmania 2.5"
hopefully Ahroo.... And, yes jp did said that in the message 7 months ago.

@jp i have some suggestions for your game:

Suggestion 1:Maybe you can add an magnet bubble? Maybe we can set the attraction force of this block ourself, i mean the range of the magnet.

Suggestion 2: Maybe increase time and decrease time?

Suggestion 3: Color changing bubble? Maybe when a normal bubble hit the color changing bubble it gets an other color?
murtaza64 13 years ago
  I haven't asked for tester yet, but its good this game is being worked on!
jp 13 years ago
  Yes that was on purpose, but I agree in some cases, that would be great ot have them linked.

There is a bug that doesn't update the changes in the editor when testing, I'll look at it.
Elizea 13 years ago
  Yes it seems to work now, but I noticed the parts of it aren't linked together if they don't touch each other in the editor.
jp 13 years ago
  I tested and the boss works for me, try to relaod the page.
Elizea 13 years ago
  @JP, I made a level with a boss (Honey, Honey) but the boss doesn't come, even I tried to path it. To be honest, there comes a part from the boss but most of it doesn't show up.
jp 13 years ago
  I'm trying to reproduce a bug : after a while the game becomes laggy, the collision detections are weird and tehre are invisible rings.

But I can't. I suspect it's related with the boss+path features.

If you want to help :

- If you see the bug, tell me the name of the level. If you are editing this level, please save it and wait until I get your message.

- If you can create a level that makes the problem with the "auto move", that will help A LOT!

Here is how to test with "auto move".
- Launch the level (clicking on PLAY or TEST).
- BEFORE (very impotant BEFORE!) starting the level, click on "a" to toggle on/off the "auto move".
- Then wait. If the problem appears, don't touch anything and tell me :).

Note that once the "auto move" is actived, don't click on a again on "a", that would deactivate the "auto move".
Shiro 13 years ago
  I played RingMania 2 and it looks haaaaaaaaard o_o'.
Garygoh884 13 years ago
  Hi. I am curious that what it should be...
gundu 13 years ago
  It doesn't matter I was just testing the boss thing :)

I'll just have to re-make it

[edit] How the Boss thing works?
[edit 2] I think I figured it out, I just make a level with the boss option
jp 13 years ago
  Yes, my fault, now it should work, but you will loose your work, sorry.
gundu 13 years ago
  Well, I was making a new level and it was saying undefined on the export tab
jp 13 years ago
  @gundu, which level ? I remember a level with a problem, but I can't find it now. If you have a problem to upload or play a level, click on "Export". If you see "NaN" or "undefined" somewhere in the export, there is a problem to enerate the level data.
In this case, don't touch anything and tell me which level it is in order I can correct the problem.

[edit] it seems tehre is a problem with the editor right now, I will correct it, don't make any levels!

If you can't upload it, send me a copy of the export (only the begining of the export, not the end with the hexa values)
gundu 13 years ago
  I can't test my new level, Is there an explication?

I'll upload it but It's not totally done

[edit] Can't upload it neither
Elizea 13 years ago
  JP, any change still getting tester?

Also, I don't know if it's good to call a game v2.5 if we don't even have 1 and 2 in the whole site. Maybe some other name that fits the game? =]

Games forum

Play Game "Ringmania 2.5"

First post of the topic

jp 15 years ago
  Ringmania 2.5, testers wanted very soon :)
Don't expect too much, it's not a groundbreaking game, it's just an adaptation to BL of an old game of mine.
It is almost the same as Ringmania 2.

Except it implements the BL API with a level editor, so we should get much more levels to play.

Additional features :
- Bachground pixels, the editor provides the possibility to draw your own background for each level.

Next features (maybe) :
- Allow to customize the falling rings, create events (one shot ring, or repeat events), paths ? Bosses (rings formations) ?
- More special items ? Malus items (decrease points?, black ball?).
- Move contraints (fixed stone rings).

I'm waiting feedback about the bugs, the background pixels (for now 16x16, is it too small?), suggestions of new items, new features.
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg