Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Captain Dan v Zombie Plan"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Captain_404 15 years ago
  Alright everyone, the editor is fixed now!

I added a move button to the menu, it allows you to edit the placement of zombies, their paths, switches, and where the switches go to.

I'm pretty sure all the weird glitches with the delete function are fixed now too, but some extra testing from you all is more than welcome.

For my sake, I'm reposting the to do list, but if you see anything you want fixed that isn't on here, let me know.

*better targeting
*differing zombie graphics
-stealth zombie not working
-more zombie types:
--super: always running
--teleporter: moves other zombies closer to you, can't kill you
--digger: basically is just able to go through walls
^text/info tile for editor
*sound
-custom controls
-add title screen
*target sometimes persists after game over
*work out a better system for depth management
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Just a quick note here, I'm starting to recreate the editor now, and I think for some of the tests I'll have to upload it online.

So if the editor is completely broken for a bit, please don't freak out, it's just because I'm making it better.

EDIT: happy 100th comment, Sneakers!
Sillius 15 years ago
  I think many of the problems comes from the editor... but even though it's still in test phase and even though it's not perfect I think this is a incredible game ;D fun to play and some 3d features :D
zach-man37 15 years ago
  =.(
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Ugh, it seems my game is thoroughly broken...

gameinsky - hopefully I'll be able to fix the glitches you mentioned when I recreate the editor in a few days.

ninja - the switches thing sounds like more depth problems...*sigh* And yeah, they should be golf, but I haven't got around to changing that yet.

Sillius - your glitches confound me the most...I have absolutely NO idea why your level Secret Rooms is acting so oddly.

I can, however, add a move feature to the editor when I remake it.

Also, for the last time, I'M CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING ANY MORE TESTERS, IF THIS CHANGES I WILL MAKE A POST LETTING YOU KNOW. Please read the comments and be patient until then.
zach-man37 15 years ago
  this weird before you guys were testers this guy could play and he isn't a tester.his name is lineplus.ok im getting bored playing those other games and i want but don't need to be a tester so i have somthin to do.
Sillius 15 years ago
  If you read all the comments you can see what the game is about...
zach-man37 15 years ago
  wats the game about cause i can think of stuff. tell me every thing u have already. i dont want to be a tester but an idea giver.
jp 15 years ago
  I recall to everybody that "I want to be a tester" doesn't mean "I want to play the game". Being a tester will require that you provide useful feedback.
lololol 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester, or somthing?
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  And also come up with nice suggestions for the game.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  zach, you are not tester to play it sooner but to find bugs and tell the creator those bugs you found
Zakko600 15 years ago
  Yes you need to be a tester to play it.
zach-man37 15 years ago
  how come its not working for me? do i have to be a tester to play? if i do i want to be a tester.gtg be on at 4-5ish.tell me if i can or cant be a tester when i get home.or as soon as possble.
Zakko600 15 years ago
  It is not just in the beginning screen it is everytime.
Sillius 15 years ago
  I had to recreate the level 3 times and when It was finished the 3rd time the zombies began to bug :S

I just tried Zombie Mansion (Captain Dan v Zombie Plan) again, but this time the zombie in the bottom bugged pretty much... in the first 2 rounds there were a corpse moving around with a + switch as head the next round the zombie worked normal for 10 secs then it dropped it's head and the last rounds the zombie's corpse moved around and changed between 2 heads: 1 of them just lied on the ground and it dropped it's head when it walked over the other head...

I've found another bug: You can get stuck in the walls.
birjolaxew 15 years ago
  The same thing happened to me. I got the gun and pressed the switchs. But then 1 of the zombies died and after a while all the other zombies became "fake".
gameinsky 15 years ago
  you never believe , when i played you level and hit the switch , some zombies died randomely , other stopped and becomed 'fake'
Sillius 15 years ago
  I also think it should be possible to move the zombies and sometimes I can't exit the selection screen :p

PS: I know what Zakko600 means... If you go to the upper-left corner in the "loading screen" you can go out of the map and appear on the other side of the wall.

I just made the level Secret Rooms (Captain Dan v Zombie Plan) and I noticed that more and more stealth zombies began to appear... nad every time you kill a zombie their corpse appears at the same place as the stealth zombie.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  The switches are still bugging for me. They happen to remove/place walls at places their not supposed too, and sometimes they only place half of a wall.

Shouldn't the scores be set to golf instead of classic?
gameinsky 15 years ago
  sometimes i delete some zombie's in the editor but they seem stil enterring the level...
and when i quit-go back the walls are stil here, the hidden zombie's also.
there is also a zombie who is like i just placed it and as to do his path
and i can't delete him!

also a toolwrench would be useful if you make any mistake
Zakko600 15 years ago
  Yes captain_404.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  woudln't it be easyer with a grid ?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  @Sillius - in walls I think the switch you talking about is supposed to do that...although I'm still a bit unclear on what happened from your description. Also, the editor currently isn't yet able to handle the substantial changes in gameplay I've made recently, once I get the time I plan to rewrite it and make it more functional again. For now, when you want to make a new level you'll have to refresh the page.

@gameinsky - Yes, that's supposed to happen. Do you think it shouldn't, does it feel counter intuitive?

@Zakk0600 - erm...what? It's is not possible at all to "jump" in this game, do you mean that if you get outside the map and touch the wall it warps you back in?

@jp - The less visible target is to reinforce the idea that you'll have to aim more precisely now, that the targeting system has changed. You are right though, it can be hard to see. Perhaps I could eliminate the triangles and keep the white circle? I'll also increase the radius and see how that affects gameplay.

Yeah, once I get up different graphics for every type I plan to let the SZ fade in and out. Need to add that to the to do list.

And like I said earlier in this post, the editor will get remade in the next few days, I'll be sure to include this in it.
Zakko600 15 years ago
  Did you know that it is possible to jump over walls in the left side of the game screen?
Sillius 15 years ago
  I just made a level and uploaded it, but I found a bug and wanted to make a level to show you. I clicked the "New level" button, but it just loads my previous level without the name and thumbnail...
jp 15 years ago
  Very nice improvements.

Targeting system : Great!
But it's still too difficult IMO to kill the zombies when they run on you. I would suggest to increase significantly the radius of collision detection between the mouse cursor and the zombie. Or to decrease teh speed of the zombie. Or both. And why not displaying the same highly visible target on the zombie when the mouse cursor is ready is over him? The actual target is not enough visible IMO.

About the stealth zombie, it's a great idea. But the way they suddenly appears is a little bit too fast IMO, maybe you should use a more progressive way, to inform the player that something will appear within 1 second.

I didn't see in your todo list that you plan to make a different look for the different kind of zombies?

Small bugs:

When you restart a level after being caught by a zombie, there is a remaining target around your latest location before you die, or maybe around the latest location of the target before you died.

On the editor, the helping text "hold space to ..." is displayed below the items (walls etc...) when you edit an existing level (which is not very bothering as somebody editing an existing level has already created the level).
gameinsky 15 years ago
  i saw it also

and also:is it suposed that if a medic zombie see me each zombie runs like he sees me ?
Sillius 15 years ago
  In [lvlid=2529 removed] 1 of the zombies in the bottom got out of the box when I touched the the switch to the right (the one right to another and beneath a wall) and the other zombie moved in the space between the 2 zombie boxes.

PS: Nice game... even though I think the zombies move a little to fast :D
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Weekend update:

Added some testers, all testers now are:
cooltomer
doomlord
pikachu67
gameinsky
Sillius
zakko600

Still in tester queue:
allycat369
locostro
BenTen
ilikerollingturtle

new:
-fix zombie placing editor glitches
-targeting system!
-zombie types
--basic: just a plain ol' zombie
--stealth: stays unseen if behind a wall, also doesn't reveal itself until you have the gun
--camera: just sits there and rotates, can't kill you
--medic: brings dead zombies to life again, can't kill you

to do:
-different zombie graphics
-remake editor
-keep player inside arena
-more zombie types:
--super: always running
--teleporter: moves other zombies closer to you, can't kill you
--spawner: spawns other zombies, can't kill you
-zombie rotation messed up
-text/info tile for editor
-sound
-custom controls
-zombies walk through walls
-zombie facial expressions?
-add title screen
-work out a better system for depth management (I think this works as it is now, but a better one would be nice)

Feedback on the targeting system and new zombie types would be wonderful. Also if anyone has any ideas for zombie types, I'd love to hear them.

Games forum

Play Game "Captain Dan v Zombie Plan"

First post of the topic

Zakko600 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester in this game?
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg