Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Captain Dan v Zombie Plan"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

Captain_404 15 years ago
  Now.

I was going to set the status to simply be "online" and let jp change it to homepage, but I experienced some problems with just changing it to online. Anyway, I hope that doesn't cause any problems for you jp, and I trust you can change it if it does.

EDIT: wonderful use of it's 250th comment :)
gameinsky 15 years ago
  when do you plan to release this game ?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  I've fixed jp's infobox glitch and gameinsky's "superglitch"

@jp - Don't worry, I've found that perfectionism usually helps in the long run when designing games :)

I'll have a logo up soon, but I don't think I'll do a background, at least not right now.

EDIT: If you have any trouble with any other levels be sure to let me know.
jp 15 years ago
  By the way the new interface skin is perfect.
You need to upload a logo of the game before making it public. Also since a few days, you can also upload a bakground image for the page if you wish.

What about the titles of the levels ? Maybe I'm a little bit too perfectionist, but as far as I'm concerned I like to see uniformity in the level names. On the game so far, some start with a capital letter and some don't. From the experience in the other games, I know it's very boring to make the same remarks the whole day to the level designers, but I don't regret to be incorruptible on this.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  @Jp hide after the first wall colum wait until both teleport are left. then go slowely by hiding (don't hit the switch before the gun) that would help that's the easiest way to complete it.

[edit] oops sorry your stuck after you grab the gun.
Then ileminate the cameras one by one. the teleporters then use the switch.

[edit jp] thx I've replied on the level.
jp 15 years ago
  Lvl 12 is really too hard in my opinion Retirement Fund (Captain Dan v Zombie Plan)
I really tried hard to complete it because I wanted to play the stroy levels, but without any success. I'm sure I'm not the best player but I'm not the worst neither, and many players will stop here.

Generally speaking, I can't understand exaclty how the zombie teleports themsleves (randomly?) and this makes it very hard to setup a strategy.
gundu 15 years ago
  @Gameinsky, Are you sure? Because I didn't play XD
dingding22 15 years ago
  Does the games will be ready for this night?
gameinsky 15 years ago
  snif... i just finished the last story level...
who ever throught of that...

[edit]oh yeah ! this is really my game , i'm sure i wil be in the top 10s for a long time!

[edit2]i found one of the old glitches back *gngngngngn*
it's rare but it happend 2 times yet today.
you knw like the superglitch i showed exept it was on the official levels.(you know , that glitch with the switched , brighty , zombie corpes.)
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Heh, you literally saw the new skin minutes after I uploaded it.

Everyone, I think this game is pretty much ready to release on the site, so if there's anything that I've somehow missed up until now, mention it or it won't be fixed before release.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  great!

ps i like the new layout!
Captain_404 15 years ago
  The last 8 story levels are now up.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Oh wow, through level making today I realized just how terrible my editor keymapping is.

In FF3, if you accidently scroll the scroll wheel while holding shift, it's akin to pressing the back or forward buttons in your browser. In Safari, page down sends the page down regardless of if the focus is in Flash or not.

Completely and utterly broken.

The mappings have been switched to HOME and SPACE.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Everyone, I've created a new level category for story that I think are good enough, but don't really fit with the rest of the plot. Think of it as a kind of fanfic section.

I've pretty much finished the game engine now gecko, but thanks anyway for the link!
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Oh shame!
Here you go.

I hate it when I do that, and I do it far too often.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  I assume you intended to include a link?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  I know I'm not a tester for this game, but have you looked at this tutorial? I think it would be nice to make a 'torch' effect. I know this game is not meant to be in the dark, but you could give the torch a slightly lighter alpha than the rest of the screen if you wanted to include it...
Sillius 15 years ago
  I'm sorry for not making any story levels yet, but I haven't really felt for making them and I think that this is one of those games where you need to make really great maps and I haven't really been able to in the past time... but I'll get some done as soon as possible....

I have finished Imagine it! now and I made it very hard :D
Captain_404 15 years ago
  The game is pretty much finished. I plan to wrap up the creation of the story levels this weekend.

Also, I'm considering going with a different kind of sponsorship for this game so that I can release it on this site earlier and avoid a situation such as Push is in.

EDIT: by the way gameinsky, I feel I owe you an apology for not having approved your level yet. I've only had time to run through it once so far, I'll try to do my admin duties soon.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  this game is finished (i think) we only need some more official levels,then captain must get a sponsor and create the sponsor version
Jac1 15 years ago
  I think 11 testers is enough.
Nikobam 15 years ago
  Could i by any chance be a tester?
gameinsky 15 years ago
  oh man , it doesn't seem to happend anymore
but i'm sure one of my levels changed while testing
jp 15 years ago
  @gameinsky, can't you create a level to show the problem you are describing ? Or even better capture a short video with cam studio software and upload it.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  may be you are right about the zombie see through walls but the level editor is stil glitchy
Captain_404 15 years ago
  gameinsky, I can't seem to replicate any of your glitches.

What level did you encounter the see through walls glitch on? Is it possible that another zombie saw you and you didn't realize it?
gameinsky 15 years ago
  i found bugs (yes there are stil)
zombies can see trough walls!
it happends if i stand like thise (â– =wall)(â–¡=wall that zombie can see trough) (O= monocle man)(X= zombie).
o
.â–¡â– 
.â– X

and in the editor if you choosed block , zombie ... option it can stil affect the level wile testing
gundu 15 years ago
  I hope it will be ready as soon as possible :D
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Yeah, yeah, I know :p

"Captain Dan" just didn't have enough rhythm!
gameinsky 15 years ago
  whoa , another name ? :p

Games forum

Play Game "Captain Dan v Zombie Plan"

First post of the topic

Zakko600 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester in this game?
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg