Play the games, create the levels

Topic, Game "Captain Dan v Zombie Plan"

Checkout our iPhone & iPad games!

You must register or log in to post a message.

jp 15 years ago
  About the spacebar key that you need to press to start the game, what about authorizing any keys, or at least the moving keys (wasd or custom) or a mouse click to start the game ?
This might sound like a small detail, but having to move my left hand from the arrow keys to the space bar each time I die and start again a level, is a little bit bothering in the long run.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Added the first five story levels.

@gameinsky - these glitches are fixed now

@ninja - *cracks whip* NO! You must devote ALL you time to testing my game! :P
gameinsky 15 years ago
  wow the music is cool i'm happy that it's not creepy :-)

i'm sad cause the teleporter is a rule braker cause it can kill you

and the floater can't be re-healed
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  Lovely new zombies! Great music.
I'm sorry for my lack of feedback and activity here at bonuslevel. I'm so busy IRL.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  The game's basics are pretty much done! All I have left to do is add some effects here and there, a mute sound button, and an auto-save for control settings.

And of course, actually MAKE the levels...

If anyone has any complaints that haven't been met, let me know, because this is the last chance you'll have to get them fixed.

Zakko, there are a whole bunch of free image hosting sites on the web, just google 'image hosting' and your bound to find at least one that will suit your needs.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  @gameinsky - Super Captain Dan will be your guiding mentor in story mode. The reason he's not actually in the game yet is because I haven't yet found a graphic for him that I'm satisfied with.

@zakko - nice idea!
Zakko600 15 years ago
  Perhaps something in the editor when you hover the mouse over one of the things you want to place in your level that a text will prove that says what it is and what it does.

[Edit] I have found some problems in the editor but i can't upload it with imux. Do someone know a free and easy to use program to upload pictures with?
gameinsky 15 years ago
  who is super captain dan ?
is it an unlockable character ?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  I've added custom controls now, you can set in the pause menu. Press the SHIFT key to pause.

I've also fixed gameinsky's editor glitch.

EDIT: nvm, the game will be broken for a bit

EDITx2: Should be all fixed now, and the info boxes now have full support for punctuation!
gameinsky 15 years ago
  the last answer , but that never happend before!

[edit]
cool! you added a dificulty level like in blockoban!

also the info tyles seems to work good for me
but sometimes i don't show evrything you typed.
IOW:sometimes a bit of the tekst is missing and must be retyped

wait now it fixed a bit but if you type after a ',' or a '.' it wil hide...

[re-edit]
waah a zombie is uneditable if you quit the editor and come back!

also trying to create a new level if you yet enterred editor in the same event you get you last level back!

may be it's beter to set the level codec not in the editor , or let you edit it to make community levels!
jp 15 years ago
  @gameinsky, this is not related with the game itself but with the BL system. I think Captain has maybe changed the list of official levels while you were playing. Or maybe it's because there is a level with a lower position in the official levels that you didn't completed yet.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  bug:when you didn't completed all levels before a level you can't play it , that's normal.
but i also can't play the levels i unlocked , is that a bug or somethings ?

[edit]level 4:ghosts.time:56,86666666666666666667
Captain_404 15 years ago
  You should be able to change where it moves to. It works on my end at least.
jp 15 years ago
  I will check for cursoroverblapi, in my memory it is set to true in the editor when you switch to the game (TEST button), but I'm not sure anymore.

I wanted to move the zombie and its moves, not chagin its type, but I guess changing its type will be useful too.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  The problem with flashing red is that everything is in black and white ;) But I do think that you're right, making the ghosts appear and then disappear quickly would probably be a nice touch.

-As far as I can tell, the api only returns cursoroverblapi as true when the menu is up, meaning while the game is playing things can still happen in the editor and vice versa. Although, while I'm reminded of it, a function in the api to tell what section it's in would be nice. Like a 0 value for menu, 1 for game, and 2 for editor.

-By edit a zombie do you mean change its type?

-I'm fixing this one right now.
jp 15 years ago
  The new zombie graphics are very good.
I think we need to tell to the player a reason why the ghosts only kill you only after you grab the gun.
Maybe you can play a "ghost sound" when the hero pick the gun on a level with ghosts.
Or a more visual effect like showing the position of all ghost during 1 second after you pck the gun. And why not making them red to show the player that they are not happy that you took the gun.

About the editor
- I tested a level while I was creating a zombie path. During the game test I clicked several times to kill the zombies, and when I came back, the zombie path I was creating had been added with all my clicks I had made during the game. Maybe it's a problem of cursoroverblapi.
- I didn't find how to edit a zombie, maybe it's not yet implemented.

- When you create a zombie and don't draw its path (popup the menu just after creating the zombie), then it's displayed for ever with the text "click inside...". But you can't click inside and yo can't remove it.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  As gameinsky has noted, I've made a few changes just today.

new:
-stealth zombie works
-IMPORTANT: DIFFERENT EDITOR SHORTCUTS
-better targeting
-differing zombie graphics
-text/info tile for editor
-sound
-target sometimes persists after game over
-work out a better system for depth management

The new editor shortcuts:
Pagedown button to bring up the selection screen or jiggle the mouse a bit. I changed it to this because typing with the info tile would occasionally bring up the selection screen.

I've got in-game music too, but because it takes up a bunch of file space it makes it take almost twice as long for me to test the game on my computer, so it will be in once I get done with all the hard programming.

The info tile isn't completely finished yet. For one thing, it won't show up in the game as of right now. I'm still ironing out a few of the minor details to get it fully functional.

still to do:
-more zombie types:
--super: always running
--teleporter: moves other zombies closer to you, can't kill you
--digger: basically is just able to go through walls
*custom controls
*add title screen

@gameinsky - Right now, when you set a path for the camera it sets the angle at which the camera starts looking (the first point you set) In future versions it will just make you set one point and then sned you back to the selection screen.

I plan to add special effects for the medic zombies later on. I'm more focused on programming right now rather than graphics.

I think your deletion problems were caused by the info tile, it should be fixed now though.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  suggestion:survivors.
try to protect them or they change mutated into a zombie

and actualy the game is made for the peples who likes them.
ther are 5 other games , choise enrough!

[edit]
i saw you improvements!
il say nothing about the info tyles cause it's probabely stil in editing phase.
but may be you call an info tyle not an AaBb ?

why must we put a path for a camera if it doesn't move ?

suggest:may be that if the medic medics a zombie it makes a spark or an other effect ?

[re-edit]
arr , we can't delete a normal zombie , it's only being invi(n)sible in the level editor.
Captain_404 15 years ago
  No need to start a flame war here guys.
THeNiNJa 15 years ago
  You really think that rolling around as a turtle, trying to find a flag is a better concept? Or popping coloured bubbles?
zach-man37 15 years ago
  why did u guys name it sneakers thats a dum name. and whats the point of the game to kill zombies or kill humans and be a zombie?
geckojsc 15 years ago
  Don't you mean looks and look, instead of sees?

Anyway, those are cool characters!
gameinsky 15 years ago
  the normal look sick, the stealth is a ninja,the camera is an one-eyed monster and the medic is a doctor.
they are cool!unleast the medic doesn't looks dangerous...

Captain_404 15 years ago
  I've been working on a few designs for the different zombie characters, but I wanted to run them by the public before I actually put them into the game.

potential zombie gfx

I want to specifically hear any thoughts you guys might have about the "medic" zombie, who is actually modeled more closely to a catholic priest now. I just want to know any gut reactions you guys have.
Sillius 15 years ago
  I have 2 suggestions: make the aim follow the mouse if possible and make some 3D animations for the person ;D
gameinsky 15 years ago
  sometimes my personage starts on an other point then i placed hm and back to the editor he is moved to that place.

(suggestion:what about a zombie who can hit switches?)
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Right, forgot about that one.

EDIT: done
gameinsky 15 years ago
  yes but what about a grid ?
Captain_404 15 years ago
  Just added limits to the player, he can no longer go outside the specified size of the map.

gameinsky - yeah, that's actually been a glitch for a long time, I'm surprised nobody has brought it up before now. The obvious solution here is don't put zombies inside of walls. Future versions of the game will just stop you from being able to do this though.
gameinsky 15 years ago
  yay cool!

[edit]
there is stil a big problem:when i place a zombie on a wall in the editor and test it it says an error about somethings with the script , when i return to the level editor i'm stuck , can't hit any button!

suggestion:what about a power up who makes you invulnerable for x seconds ?

Games forum

Play Game "Captain Dan v Zombie Plan"

First post of the topic

Zakko600 15 years ago
  Can i be a tester in this game?
Our free flash games   Games for your site   Games for your iPhone   Contact   Twitter @jpsarda & @bonuslevelorg